Amazed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I commented on a previous thread about how my assessment went for ESA, the dotor was pleasant, seemed genuinely interested etc. I did point out on the other thread that i was under no illusion that i still wouldnt acheive the magic 15. Wrong! I got the letter today, saying that i have or can be treated as having limited capability for work!, and i do not need to send anymore sick notes in.

I have already been in to the jobcentre, to see an advisor and an action plan drawn up, so im not sure what happens now.

Im guessing i will have to go for more of these interviews, ive had nothing to suggest im in the support group.

Interestingly, i received a reply from nhs pensions agency last week,to say that my application to receive ill health retirement benefit had been unsuccessful;the people doing the assessment? ATOS! so now i can use the esa assessment in my appeal.

Hope this gives a bit of hope to others, miracles do happen!

best wishes,

Michelle x

Hi Michelle

It's great to hear some good news, it does show that there is a chance of some sanity amongst the seemingly endless bad news. I'm pleased for you.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Good stuff - and loving the username!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

thanks for all your nice comments, it goes without saying, if i can help anyone elso, please ask. Erika, my username comes from my nephew, when he was younger, he just came out with it one day, lets just say i am a larger lady, its stuck now and i think its quite funny. xxx

Oops! I always remember "large marge" as that scary trucker woman in the pee-wee herman movie.....

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi all,

I have already been in to the jobcentre, to see an advisor and an action plan drawn up, so im not sure what happens now.

Im guessing i will have to go for more of these interviews, ive had nothing to suggest im in the support group.

Great news!

If you've been placed in the Work-Related Activity Group, you will be asked to attend another 5 of these interviews. It's not supposed to be more than one per month, and you won't be coerced into applying for or taking jobs. Well, that's the theory at least. In some areas these interviews (apart from the first one, which is at a Jobcentre) are conducted by private firms and they are paid based on the number of people they get into jobs.

As you are aware, if you've been placed in the Support Group, attendance at these interviews is optional.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks for that Antone, i had another letter telling me that im in the work related group, but nothing about when the sessions will start. I went to the first one at the jobcentre, and given info on the 2 companies that are in this area that i could choose from. One of them appeared in there leaflet more geared up for people with chronic health problems such as mine.

I contacted dwp with regards to mortgage interest payments, i didnt realise they were only available to people on inome related esa, not contribution based as myself. can anyone explain why this is so, or am i missing something that is obvious (blonde senior moment lol)

best wishes to all x

Hi, I'm in the work related group too.

I already had all of my pathways to work interviews while waiting for my tribunal.

I recieved a letter from ATOS 2 weeks after winning my tribunal inviting me to an interview and I thought that it was all starting again and boy did I panic, but was advised by the good people on here that it was only to talk about work expectations and not another medical.

The day before the interview I recieved a hand written note cancelling the interview and have heard nothing since.

I'm not sure what happens to me now or for how long my claim runs for.

I contacted dwp with regards to mortgage interest payments, i didnt realise they were only available to people on inome related esa, not contribution based as myself. can anyone explain why this is so, or am i missing something that is obvious (blonde senior moment lol)

best wishes to all x

Income based is means tested, Conts based isn't

Thanks for that Antone, i had another letter telling me that im in the work related group, but nothing about when the sessions will start. I went to the first one at the jobcentre, and given info on the 2 companies that are in this area that i could choose from. One of them appeared in there leaflet more geared up for people with chronic health problems such as mine.

best wishes to all x

I'm not sure I can explain why this disparity exists when it comes to mortgage interest. It's a matter of policy as set by Parliament. Presumably they had their reasons, but I sure as hell don't understand them.

One thing worth noting, though: if you would qualify for income-related ESA but don't actually get it because you get the contributory benefit instead, you could still be eligible for mortgage interest payments. This is most likely to be the case if you don't have a partner, or if you do but they don't work, earn very little, and have no other source of income.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.