• Tweets

• Thank you so much for explaining that to me much appreciated 
    • It's not so bad then.  1250L is the standard tax code, and means he can earn £12500 pounds without paying tax, and then just pay tax on anything he earns over that amount.   Due to technically being out of work, and claiming UC, and now going back to work, the code is saying that he will pay tax on anything earned over £6500 pounds now, but it is under review and should change within the next 8-12 weeks, and if he has overpaid in the meantime, then it will be refunded via his paycheck.   The only reason for this is I am assuming that while shielding, his company did not keep him on the books.  If HMRC have got a record of him being on the books, and claiming UC, this will be them determining that he hasn't been trying to fraud the system by being paid as employed at the same time as claiming UC.  Once they clear that up, then they will correct the tax code.  So long as all his earnings and benefits all add up and they are happy then it will be back to normal.
    • Good Afternoon,   I am hoping to receive some advice regarding the below topic.   I was looking to purchase a property off-plan with a incentive attached and in order to secure this you pay a 'finder's fee'.     The fee was paid but then the property was un-mortgageable due to various reasons including the incentive being offered.   Having gone back to the agent to ask for a return of the finder's fee - they have refused saying that the incentive does not need to be disclosed and that essentially my broker is useless and I should use theirs!   Their broker also advised it would be hard to get a mortgage with the incentive disclosed which backs up what my broker has said.    This fee will now be kept on account.     I signed a form which confirms that the finders fee is non refundable - which was my error I should have checked if the property was mortgageable beforehand - however I wondered if there was anything I could do because:   The property is un-mortgageable - my broker tried all lenders including those who are happy with the incentive which was offered They have advised to withhold information which is clearly questioned in the mortgage application process   This is not a case of pulling out, this is a case that I cannot get finance and so cannot proceed.   Thanks in advance.
    • Hi all,  just wondering if i could get some help. me and my ex wife decided to get a loan back in 2017....i was continuing paying it but she didn't even though she promised me she would pay it as i agreed to it... and we split up in 2018, i was sectioned under mental health due to her behaviour.  short story... i came out 6 months later and she did not pay anything, my inbox was full, my phone with voicemails. i was not expecting this..... this loan was for £2000,    i tried to call her obviously she changed her phone number and email address, 2020 still not heard anything from her.... sent her letters she choose to ignore it.....   so i thought i come on here.... see you can make a complaint about responsible lending credit search.... behold just got a reply from progressive money....   i've also complained to amigo loans.... that is again she didn't pay anything... checked credit karma £11,876 on £7000 loans... hopefully something comes out of this....  - Summary Resolution Letter .pdf
    • Sorry it was 1250l before shielding he 
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3687 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I parked in a loading Bay at 7.30 PM outside Leeds City Museum and was ticketed at 8.15.

The sign showed no time restrictions and I thought I could safely assume that all musueum staff were safely abed and I could reasonably assume that no loading whatsoever would take place outside normal work hours.

However I was done for code 25 'parking during restricted hours without loading' If my ticket refers to 'restricted hours' then at the very least the sign should display those hours otherwise common sense would suggest those times would be working hours.

Should loading bays display the restricted hours that they operate around???

The man on the phone at parking services said helpfully 'oh that sign is in operation 24hrs a day' But how on earth was I supposed to know that?

I have seen loading signs that do have restricted hours clearly displayed

but not this one.

Any suggestions?

Wyeaye!

If a sign has no hours it means it is in force all of the time.

Rats!!!!

I will still check the TRO as Leeds hasnt been too clever of late with its inner city parking regs!

Wyeaye!

So how would the museum load and unload if there is a permanent ban?

The sign is 'loading only' and apparently in force 24hrs a day!

My office overlooks the exact spot and there has only been two sessions of loading/unloading in the two years the museum has been opened. The road was reclassified as part of the museum development and clearly the loading area is for the museum only- there was on street parking there before.

It is quite crazy. I feel a letter to the editor coming on.

Wyeaye!