Loading Bays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a loading Bay at 7.30 PM outside Leeds City Museum and was ticketed at 8.15.

The sign showed no time restrictions and I thought I could safely assume that all musueum staff were safely abed and I could reasonably assume that no loading whatsoever would take place outside normal work hours.

However I was done for code 25 'parking during restricted hours without loading' If my ticket refers to 'restricted hours' then at the very least the sign should display those hours otherwise common sense would suggest those times would be working hours.

Should loading bays display the restricted hours that they operate around???

The man on the phone at parking services said helpfully 'oh that sign is in operation 24hrs a day' But how on earth was I supposed to know that?

I have seen loading signs that do have restricted hours clearly displayed

but not this one.

Any suggestions?

Wyeaye!

The sign is 'loading only' and apparently in force 24hrs a day!

My office overlooks the exact spot and there has only been two sessions of loading/unloading in the two years the museum has been opened. The road was reclassified as part of the museum development and clearly the loading area is for the museum only- there was on street parking there before.

It is quite crazy. I feel a letter to the editor coming on.

Wyeaye!