A problem with Avon Cosmetics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My missus did Avon for several years, they kept messing her orders up, not sending items etc & still charging her for them, which she sorted out, cut a long story short her balance went from £28 & a few pennies to £465+ because they have recredited all the items that were missing in her orders to her account, she has never had nor signed for these items as they never came.

Avon have started ringing her trying to bullying her to pay, why should she pay for something she hasn't recieved? The courier is meant to get you to sign for the good but they never did. So about 3 weeks ago I sent them the prove it letter basically saying 'I do not acknowledge any debt....so please supply proof etc', they wrote back last week saying the letter had been passed to the relevant dept, this morning she gets a letter which I will type out as I have no scanner, so here we go:

Dear ****

I have been advised by our Credit & Collections Department that despite several reminders your account is still in serious arrears. A further £14.50 has been applied to your account.

We require full payment but understand that it may not be currently within your means to pay £483.21. We are prepared to take into account your circumstances and any problems you may be having but you must respond now.

You can pay by derict debit card online at www.avon.uk.com or by ringing fast-trak on 0845 *** ****. Alternatively you can use the form at the bottom of your invoice to pay at the Post Office or send a cheque directly to us. If you pay by cheque please make it payable to Avon Cosmetics Ltd and write your name, address, area and account number on the reverse of the cheque.

Failure to contact us now may result in your account being passed to a professional Debt Collector and ultimately to the Small Claims Court.

Yours sincerely

Last paragragh love the word MAY.....!!! Any advice is very welcome, what letter to Avon do I need to send now?

Thanks in advance.

DC:confused:

• 1 month later...

No all good so far.

How is the complaint going with Avon?

Robbersway have absolutely zero to do with this, and should be thoroughly ignored less for your 'bemused' letter, add this to your complaint with Avon, tell them in no uncertain terms that this is a problem caused by them, and to call off their appointed incompetent debt collectors, and to sort out their mess themselves.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Avon are adamant that my Mrs owes them money but I know she doesn't, I've asked for proof...asked for that ages ago & still nowt is forth coming.

I have also reported them to Consumer Direct along with Robinson Way and now 3 missed phone calls today from RW to go into the folder.....God help them if they get me on the phone...lol!!!

2 UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES - taken from OFT Guidelines

Communication

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear,

inaccurate or misleading manner.

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. use of official looking documents intended or likely to mislead

debtors as to their status, for example, documents made to resemble court

claims.

b. leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it

creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors'

lack of knowledge

c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who

they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the

contact is

d. unnecessary and unhelpful use of legal and technical language, for

example, use of Latin phrases

e. failing to provide debtors or creditors with information on status

of debts, for example, not providing requested balance statements when

reasonably requested

f. contacting debtors at unreasonable times

g. ignoring or disregarding debtors' legitimate wishes in respect

of when and where to contact them, for example, shift workers who

ask not to be telephoned during certain times of the day

h. asking or instructing debtors to make contact on premium rate

telephone numbers

Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act

“S40 Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract he- harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency, or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation; falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it; falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character, or purporting to have some official character which he know it has not.

A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of sub-section (1) (a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such actions as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.”

You could put together a Formal Complaint Letter using your information in connections with the alleged debt, and the information supplied above. Send to both Avon and RW by Recorded Delivery. Inform them that you have already made complaints to OFT and Trading Standards, and that you will also be writing to your MP.

Cheers for that HS, I'm not to bothered by the phone calls, I can deal with them, my Mrs just tells them to **** off & then gets into a four lettered slanging match with them, amusing to listen to at times but I know it stresses her out and remember she has Aspergers Syndrome too.

• 5 months later...

UPDATE!!!

Last week had a letter from Robinson Way staing that we won't hear from them again.

Yesterday my Mrs took a call from what she describes as a very rude & arrogant woman from EOS solutions regarding this account, my Mrs being my mrs didn't pass off an opportunity for a slanging match with this woman which I hasten to add it seemed she rather enjoyed it, the call ended with my dear lady telling this woman to *&^% off & put the phone down.....only for this dapy woman to phone straight back, below is a bried of what was said:

EOS: Is Mrs **** there?

ME: Who wants to know?

EOS: Its *** from EOS Solutions, its regarding a personal matter

ME: No I ain't going to get her

EOS: I spoke to her a few moments ago

ME: And? What do you want? An award for stupidity?

EOS: Don't be rude, I demand to speak to Mrs ****

ME: Listen, I ain't getting Mrs **** for you, if you want anything put it in writing

EOS: I want to speak to Mrs **** NOW

ME: Are you deaf or stupid...both, I am not getting Mrs **** for you

EOS: WE I will keep ringing until I do

ME: Really that will be nice you, if you insist on continually ringing this number I will report you for Harassment

EOS: What do you mean?

ME: This account is in dispute & according to OFT debt collection guidlines & CPUTR you should cease all activity on this account & if were you I would send this back to Avon now as I am going to report you to OFT...oh yes this account is subject of a complaint to the OFT & TS anyway

EOS: You have reported this to OFT?

ME: YEP, just as l am going to report your company too, I've dropped Robinsan Way in it with Avon, now I will do the same to you.

EOS: Can I speak to Mrs ****?

ME: No!!!

EOS: This is going no where, I'm going to terminate the call

ME: Oh good....just before you go, take any numbers you have for Mrs **** off your system immediately because if we have one more call from your company I will make a formal complaint to the Police for Harassment & to OFCOM for a breach of S127 of the Communication Act 2003

EOS: Sorry to have bothered you sir

ME: Bye

I have updated my complaint to Consumer Direct, today in the post after spending all night last night in A & E with wifey I get a letter from EOS giving her 2 options to pay, either one includes phoning an 0844 number (fat chance).

So once I get some ink for my printer they will be getting a bemused letter.