Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Can you ask your GP to get a second opinion on the NHS?  (I ought to know because I'm a retired NHS manager, but worked in mental health where x-rays didn't really feature very much(!).)   Your GP may be reluctant for various reasons but you've got nothing to lose by asking.  Might be difficult if there's only one consultant in that specialty locally.   If that is a non-starter, you could ask your GP for a private referral if any of the relevant specialists run private clinics.  Your son'll get seen quicker and an initial private consultation shouldn't cost more than about a couple of hundred quid.  Then take it from there.   (Emphasise to your GP what your real concerns are and why you have them - even if it's just "I looked it up on the internet and it looks like this which can lead to serious complications.  What do you think?  I'm really worried...")   EDIT:  Just looked on my local NHS Clinical Commissioning Group website and searched for "second opinion" but nothing comes up...  I thought you were entitled to one - you'll have to ask your GP.  Or look on your own CCG site.  Oh - despite being a NHS manager I have paid to see a consultant privately.  £150 well spent - if you can afford it... which I appreciate not everyone can.
    • dont think they are even allowed to offer settlement by instalments, they are not creditors.   read the letter carefully and understand what it doesn't actually say....like the word WILL anywhere.   they,  a DCA, can't recommend anything and their client most certainly wouldn't have disclosed anything to a powerless DCA about what their solicitors might or might not have said to them. and ofcourse a solicitor is in no position whatsoever to suggest to their client they get back to the DCA and tell the DCA to tell you their client will accept instalments!   the letter is a load of ole BS that is concocted by the dca without any input or knowledge of their client nor their clients solicitor...   dx      
    • The paediatric orthopaedic consultant at the fracture clinic told us today that he believes it is just a sprain behind the knee. I'm concerned my GP will say something along the lines of, 'you have seen a consultant, he says it will heal in 2 to 3 weeks, you don't know more than him!', or something like that. It's just that I believe I can clearly see a fracture. And as there was no fall or hard knock, only a very tightly streched knee bending at an angle behind, with a load. I figured that the temdon must have pulled some bone up. And thats the injury I found online. I totally take on board what you are saying. You are correct. I guess I'll see what my GP says tomorrow, hopefully she allows me to email the images, if she doesent have access to them already. Thanks again
    • With the global market for recycled cardboard worth billions of dollars, it is attracting criminals. View the full article
    • UK house prices are predicted to fall but a report spells out why property may remain out of reach. View the full article
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies

Please help!! MBNA phone calls

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3674 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi there i wonder if anyone can offer any advice. We are currently in the process of trying to set up our own DMP. TO date i have made two token payments to MBNA (Virgin) for the last two months. The total on the card is @ £6000. We have written 2 times firstly outlining our difficulties and secondly with our income and expenditure - total debts and how we proposed paying them back. THey keep trying to phone and i don't pick up.... I have now had a letter today saying phone us or else. They have basiclly said that until i phone to discuss and settle on a payment plan 'acceptable to them' that they will continue to add interest and charges and the only way forward is to phone them.


SHould i call? I am really anxious that once on the phone they will try and corner me into agreeing to something i can't afford and it probably sounds a bit pathetic but just don't feel i have the strenght at the minute to deal with them..... AM i within my rights to say only in writing? or could that be perceived as me being difficult?


Would really appreciate any feedback or advice you could give me


Many Thanks


:( :( :(

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Neroli,


Well i can tell you that you have done the best thing by posting on this forum. I am very new to this and can only offer advise from my limited experiences......but there are so many knowledgeable people on here and loads of existing threads.....you are not fighting this alone!!


I have had similar experiences and decided (after reading many posts on here) not to talk on the phone so just ignored them. If you access your account on-line you could change your number maybe make one up!! But when I have dealt with them i have only done this via email as you have a record of what was sent.


Another valuable thing that I learn't on this site....Don't let them Bully you!!!!....when they send you letters....you think they are personal to you.....they are not....look round this site and you will see the same trash is sent to most of us. Nearly all seem to be computer generated "Threat-O-Grams" designed to get you to call them so that they can make you feel even worse....So No1 Rule...DON'T SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE!


If you have access to a scanner then post (minus and personal or identifying information) and ask for some comments....as I said..load of good advise to be had on this site.


Good luck and I will watch you thread to see how you get on.




P.s a link to my MBNA thread is here if you want to have a look. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/261009-mbna-so-where-do.html

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think you are well with in your rights to require all correspondence to be in writing.


From reading these forums, it seems to be the most sensible way forward as most of us don't have the facilities to record the calls and therefore what the banks / credit card companies say.


It sounds like you're trying to be as fair with them as you can, it's only reasonable to expect the same from them. Be firm and don't be bullied.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for taking the time out to reply. Having had even more of a read round i'm definately not going to phone them up. We've decided to write saying you've got all the details you need and a fully comprehensive view of our situation you don't need any more details so can you please respond in writing to our repayment plan....


Thanks again

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi neroli,


A few of things you can do,


1) Send them the following letter, send it recorded, http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/52-harassment/135--harassment-by-telephone-response-letter-

Copy the letter to Trading Standards - your local office,

so on the letter you write CC: Trading Standards, your local office.


2) If funds permit, buy a Truecall, it will allow you to block all their calls, and it will log time and date of all calls.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Am back on this thread again not sure what next step should be we appear to have hit a stale mate.... I am still getting the 3 phonecalls daily which is just an irritation as i have caller display so don't pick up.


We have been in correspondance and the letters are puzzling - one minute acknowleding having had a letter then saying they haven'r received anything. They have all information i and e - full list of creditors etc etc but they still just keep writing that i need to phone. I have explained about wanting everything in writing over and over. Today i have had another letter and it is pretty heavy handed - if i CHOOSE to continue with this course of non payment legal action etc etc. I have been giving token payments.


So i really am at a loss what to do - all the other creditors seems to be quite amenable and we are getting there with agreements slowly but i just feel like i've hit a brick wall......


I'm guessing if it goes further all my letters offering payment and trying to get situation sorted should look good.


Really don't know what to do next - feel sick with it all :(


Hope someone can help me get over this wall with a bit of advice


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...