gym cancel/ashbourne ***Case SORTED***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi recieved this back today from ashbourne encl scan copies for u to look at both

1) copy of letter from gp ( paid £10 for this scribble of sig ) didnt think it would have much use but any how did give it a try :)

2) 1st reply back from ashbourne

this is what i plan to do or can anyone advise me otherwise-:

3) will refer back to gp in the first instance for new letter stating specifically what my condition is and request what i need tp be written. then return back to ashbourne.

1st letter is from the gp ...2nd is from ashbourne

10o43nb.jpg

13zt3t.jpg

Hi Midebt,

Do you want to continue using the gym in the foreseeable future or does your condition make this impossible.

I think Ashbourne are just trying to get more money from you and are making it hard for you to cancel.

I doubt they have any grounds to quibble about what your GP has said. Although the GP letter is not very detailed, it confirms that you are having persistent pain and you have been referred to a hospital about it.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Midebt,

Do you want to continue using the gym in the foreseeable future or does your condition make this impossible.

I think Ashbourne are just trying to get more money from you and are making it hard for you to cancel.

I doubt they have any grounds to quibble about what your GP has said. Although the GP letter is not very detailed, it confirms that you are having persistent pain and you have been referred to a hospital about it.

no i dont want to continue using the gym

i have got another lettter from the gp requesting a complete cancel of the memebership ........and not !!! for the foreseeable future.....see if that does the trick

guess not

When writing again to the gym, tell them you enclose a further letter from your GP, even though you don't consider this was necessary.

Confirm that you m/ship should be cancelled with effect from the date of your original letter.

Ensure you cancel your bank's SS or SO instruction as they'll take money if they get half the chance.

Seems that all the gyms make cancelling as hard for you as they can. :mad:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Also be aware that some Gyms, ie Fitness First, take your bank/credit card details if your DD or SO doesn't go through, then they will use your card to take a payment.

So if they have your card details I would inform the bank to issue you with another card, as you have lost this one.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Also be aware that some Gyms, ie Fitness First, take your bank/credit card details if your DD or SO doesn't go through, then they will use your card to take a payment.

So if they have your card details I would inform the bank to issue you with another card, as you have lost this one.

just to let u know...the gym = bodyworx / do not collect any money it is Ashbourne management ...........thy collect by direct deb...12.00 p month ive give them notice and after 12th when payment is due i will be cancelling.......thy do not ( fortunatelly have any of my details.....and i do have anew card just recently ) thanks for ur info.....anything will help x

When writing again to the gym, tell them you enclose a further letter from your GP, even though you don't consider this was necessary.

Confirm that you m/ship should be cancelled with effect from the date of your original letter.

Ensure you cancel your bank's SS or SO instruction as they'll take money if they get half the chance.

Seems that all the gyms make cancelling as hard for you as they can. :mad:

here are the letters i have sent back to them by recorded del on sat 10th july

2nd July 2010

Dear ashbourne management

Please find enclosed second letter to you from my G.P /

Dr ......

adresss omitted

I am unable to use the gym due to my health condition and therefore give you one months notice from today 10th July 2010 / to cancel my gym .

my doctor has stated that the gym be stopped for the ''complete future'' of the membership due to my health condition.

You requested -:

(quote )

'' specifically advise against use of the gym for the foreseeable future''

(un-quote)

the complete future means I am not to return

regards

AND ALSO THIS ......FROM MY G.P

aykrno.jpg

WHAT DO U THINK TO THIS ????

Your letter looks fine although, as I said above, I would have insisted the cancellation date was taken as the date of the original letter.

Let's hope that's an end to this.

i think this is taking the ****.............posted last saturday 10th and still not signed for at ashbourne as of yet.......

looks like i will be reposting again......gggrrrrrrrr:mad:

r mail said to wait another 5 days.......u wot....!!!! for a 1st ''''''' class delivery

Tell RM you want a refund for the 1st class RD, that normally hurries things along. Or tell them you want the next one free of charge.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

errrmmm dont think its as easy as that......u have to wait 21 days..............then put in a claim form......for what ??? £1.15.....i know its not nice thy have prob mislaid the post but hardly worth it....

Hi Midebt,

You really only need proof of posting to show that the letter was sent. Proof of receipt by them signing is not strictly necessary.

A cheaper alternative is to ask the PO for a Certificate of Posting when you send a letter, and this is free.

I appreciate, however, that this is annoying. :mad:

update = strange.....

this morning ive yet to check that letter has got there...however ashbourne have not taken this months d/d of 12.00 out of my bank....due from the 12th of each month.

what shall i do about this....???

as far as im aware from the last letter the membership has not been cancelled

as of yet anyway ?????

Hi Midebt,

Keep a note of the tel con, including the name of person, time and date - just in case. ;)

Thread title changed for you.

You're v welcome !!

:D