Rossendales collecting our council tax arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have council tax arrears from a couple of years back which we are paying to Rossendales on a monthly instalement basis of £200 - over the last three months we have however not been able to stick to our payment date and have been a bit late paying them although we have not missed a payment it has merely been a few days late, this is due to the fact that my husband is self employed and therefore does not have a set pay day. Anyway have contacted them on every ocassion but now they are telling us that as we have broke their agreement three times they now want the full balance paying!

I was considering contacting the council to see if they would take this debt back - could someone point me to a template letter for this? Also would we be able to do this as we have signed their agreement and stupidly let them into our property but this was before i came accross this forum! Is there anything I can do about this now and getting their fees wiped?

Am also worried as this years council tax has also been passed to them as husband's business has been affected by recession and this has also now been passed to them although we have not heard from them yet about this. Can we refuse to let them in for this new debt even though we have signed in the past? Also we have a newer car on the drive than last time they were here so are worried that they could go after this for this new debt?

any advice much apprciated

We have council tax arrears from a couple of years back which we are paying to Rossendales on a monthly instalement basis of £200 - over the last three months we have however not been able to stick to our payment date and have been a bit late paying them although we have not missed a payment it has merely been a few days late, this is due to the fact that my husband is self employed and therefore does not have a set pay day. Anyway have contacted them on every ocassion but now they are telling us that as we have broke their agreement three times they now want the full balance paying!

Have you ever had a breakdown of their charges? If so can you tell us what they are?

I was considering contacting the council to see if they would take this debt back - could someone point me to a template letter for this? Council will refuse and tell you to deal with the Bailiff Also would we be able to do this as we have signed their agreement and stupidly let them into our property but this was before i came accross this forum! Is there anything I can do about this now and getting their fees wiped? One thing to do is to let us have a look at what they have levied on - never know some of it may be exempt from seizure. If you can scan and post but remove all personal details.

Am also worried as this years council tax has also been passed to them as husband's business has been affected by recession and this has also now been passed to them although we have not heard from them yet about this. Can we refuse to let them in for this new debt even though we have signed in the past? Also we have a newer car on the drive than last time they were here so are worried that they could go after this for this new debt?

any advice much apprciated

In the morning ring your Council and ask:

1 - how many Liability Orders you have

2 - how much each one was for

3 - how much is outstanding on each one

4 - dates they were passed to the Bailiffs

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for this, I don't seem to be able to find the original signed documents. I think I need to get a breakdown from them of what they have actually applied in fees and what levies they have on me - would this require a SAR?

Thanks for this, I don't seem to be able to find the original signed documents. I think I need to get a breakdown from them of what they have actually applied in fees and what levies they have on me - would this require a SAR?

No, no £10 charge. They have to supply this information on request.

Send them this by email and post using Signed For:

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges including Computer Screenshot.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]