Halifax Terminate agreement pass debt to Albion but still add charges to account???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest HeftyHippo

Think you might be getting mixed up with abbreviated call signs BB. I'm not loising the will to fight, but I fight on my terms, and at a time of my choosing. I'm not going to pay nearly a hundred quid to stop people misusing my phone. And as my alleged creditors had my mobile as well, it would only be half a solution. As soon as I stopped taking their calls on the landline, they simply switched to the mobile.

A complaint to the ICO stopped them just as soon as I gave them all a new number. Total expense: one SIM ~ £1.50 Tesco, one stamp and letter to ICO, one letter to each creditor giving new number. Total expense a couple of quid and I didn't have to take any calls to blacklist any of them.

Of course, there may be some fun in taking the calls and messing them about, and if you want to do that, fine, but it'll never stop as your number will just get passed from one DCA to another, and on it goes.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the beauty of truecall, it only rings and puts through the numbers I want to talk to so I have no worries answering the phone, as for my mobile as it is a blackberry, it has an app called buzz off,and again is very easy to stop DCA's ringing it.

The problem with telling them you will only communicate in writing is that if you ignore their letters, then they will revert back to telephone harassment, so there really isn't any right or wrong way of dealing with their harassment, less goning to your local Police station with a diary of events and making a formal complaint of harassment which should be left in the hands of the Police to deal with.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest HeftyHippo

my understanding of Truecall is that you have to program every number you want to block, or every number you want to allow.

every time they use a new number, or a new DCA calls, you have to do the same, each time they call, you are disturbed whilst you listen to who is calling and decide to block them.

you may be happy to spend money and then time to do that. I am happier to claim ownership of my phone and be proactive.

as long as we get the result we want, all is ok.

However, if they don't have your number, they can't call, which means you can answer their letters when and if you like, without them resorting to telephone harrasment again.

However, phone is their preferred method, and even if you answer their letter, their next call takes place whilst its in the post.

I don't get any phone calls from any of them, and I answer letters if and when I like. When my phones ring, I know it isn't from a ******

Hi there

1) IF you do answer the phone ask who's calling and what is it about.

2) Usual B/S answer is It's an "Important Business matter".

3) State - I never take COLD CALLS, I also don't need Double glazing or any other other house improvements and I retired from business a Long time ago so I don't think we have anything else to discuss EVER --thankyou and goodbye.

If at 2) they want to ask you security questions just tell them --on what planet do YOU live on --you are calling a private number and asking the recipient(don't ever give your name) for PRIVATE PERSONAL details which could be used for any purposes whatever without you identifying yourselves in any way whatsoever and then just hang up.

In answering letters say you WILL NEVER reply to an 0845 number -- YOU guys are demanding the money -- don't expect me to ADD to the costs of phoning one of these types of numbers.

Cheers

jimbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

David, start your own thread and others will come along and advise you, also if that is your real name then you would be well advised to change it trolls scour this site in order to pre-empt your next move, hit the black triangle below, and ask a member of the site team to start a new thread for you if you can't do so yourself, and change your screen name..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!