style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an iomega 500gb hard drive that has turned into a good impression of a brick, The drive inside is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 that has know issues, I have tryed to contact iomega but because my drive is out of warenty accourding to them i have to pay a fee of £20 just to talk to them, after looking on seagates web site i found out that they have know of a fualt with these drives for years and neither seagate or iomega want to no or help with data recovery (Unless they charge me for it) an ideas:x

First thing I'd try is extract the drive from its case and connect it directly to your system as a slave drive using either an ide or sata cable depending on type.

Download seatools (seagate diagnostic suite) from here | Seagate

Do an analysis and see what it comes up with.

Had same problem with loss of drive (external). I bought a new drive case and power supply . Plugged in drive and usb to PC working fine. no loss of data . really the same info as second post but if you do not have a spare space on your PC worth a try.

Best of luck

Nigel

Hi belgarion

Have a read, then write to Iomega, tell them to get real, the product is faulty and they have known about the fault, tell them you want it replaced like yesterday. Send any correspondance Recorded.

[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Sale of Goods Act Fact Sheet - BIS

• Haha 1

I'd personally write to iomega's parent company EMC

EMC Computer Systems (UK) Limited

EMC Tower,

Great West Road,

Brentford, TW8 9AN

stating the problem and what you would like as a solution, stating that as it's a widespread issue with the Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 that they should repair or replace this or refund the money you paid for it.

The only reason I'd open the drive is to try to plug it into a PC to recover the data.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

hi locutus

I have spoken to the origanal supplier (Staples) they are willing to replace the drive but nobody is willing to recover the data as the drive do's not read due to the fault with the drive all partys involed say that they are not responsible for any data stored

you got me worried, I have the same drive but the 1TB version. I'm going to make sure I make a double backup of everything now.

how old is the unit?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.