Missed telephone call 02079640088..was FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Came home & found that I had missed a call from 02079640088, didnt leave a message on our answer phone.

Did a redial using 141 and got a prerecorded message to leave a customer reference number, haven't got a clue who this is & no result using WhoCallsMe website.

Anyone recognise the number?

Guest Cartaphilus

I could only find this listed ...

Area Code 020 - Prefix 79640 - 020 79640 London - Reverse Phone Lookup All Phone Numbers

So, I phoned it and (witholding my number) ... it said '(name of person) has gone for the day 'til 9 am'. Searching that name in conjunction with the number produces nothing, either. Incidentally, I phoned it in order to try and help the OP ID whomever it was. I clearly failed to do so.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Thanks all,

Yes agree its close to the FOS number of which I have two ongoing complaints.

Its also close to Link Financial, who have been chasing an unenforceable debt (up to now they've been withholding their number).

Awaiting a further call so I can find out for sure :)

Guest Cartaphilus

Did some more looking up for you and discovered the areas of London served with the dialling code beginning:

7964 0***

London, Ewell, Borehamwood, Loughton, Bushey, Chessington, Chigwell, Buckhurst Hill, Whyteleafe

Though, as already said it does look close to the FOS one. Also discovered Reuters fax number has that area code; which I know doesn't help. :D

• 2 weeks later...

subbing been having a strange number pop up on my mobile.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I just rang it, recorded message, womans voice

"please lease you name and ref no and I will call you when I'm back at my desk"

So still none the wiser who it is, but obiously don't want anyone to know what company it is.

Oh, I was thinking along those lines but working from the 7 onwards.

I have just been called a smart a*** on another thread :( but I'm obviously not as smart as you SS! :wink:

Don't have anymore numbers at the moment, but this could become an invaluable thread thanks to Beachcomber.

Oh, I was thinking along those lines but working from the 7 onwards.

I have just been called a smart a*** on another thread :( but I'm obviously not as smart as you SS! :wink:

Don't have anymore numbers at the moment, but this could become an invaluable thread thanks to Beachcomber.

Somebody mention my name :D

Not had anymore calls from the number in my #1 post.

Been contacted quite a few times over the past week or so from an 'unknown with held' number all silent, on the last one I shouted down the phone & there was someone there, had a real argument with the guy on the other end. It was a company called 'The Bottomline' trying to sell new mobile phone contracts - told him we are registered with the TPS and questioned their 'silent calls' I was told that they make as many calls as they like to the same number per day and are 'allowed' to make one silent call per day to that phoneline, told him we'll see about that & would be reporting them to BT, TPS & Ofcom - not heard from them since :)

Ok, here's another challenge, if that's ol with OP!

+39278448119111?

What on earth does the +3927 bit mean then?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• dx100uk changed the title to Missed telephone call 02079640088..was FOS