magpie09

Wage Day Advaance No Consumer Credit License? **

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3300 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Could an experienced Cagger check this for me re Wage Day Advance.

On doing some research and checking their Consumer Credit License they have a license for Cheque Cashing but not Consumer Credit. Comparing their license to Pay Day UK and Pay Express leads me to believe they do not have a current Consumer Credit License in the correct category.

Pay Day Express License and Pay Day UK License stated the category Consumer Credit not Cheque Cashing.

Clearly from their web site Wage Day Advance operate in exactly the same way as Pay Day Express and Pay Day UK debit card loans NOT cheque cashing. There is no mention of cheque cashing on the Wage Day Advance web site.

It may well be that anyone with a Wage Day Advance loan may find that Wage Day Advance are unable to enforce it.

Wage Day Advances Consumer Credit License number is 623347

due to the number of years they have been in business and the number of loans they seem to service i highly doubt they dont have the proper license. sorry but wouldnt bother with this... good luck though.

If you want to check then drop the OFT an email....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Thanks I will drop the OFT an email. I posted primarily in case this helped anyone else. Loans/Consumer Credit and Cash Chequing are two different things. Its interesting they have a different category of license from other major Pay Loan Companies too.