Sherforce High Court Enforcement Huge Fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I lost a disputed action for approx £1000 in the County Court over the private sale of some machinery. Subsequently I made an offer of payment for a monthly amount that would clear the debt in about 2 years. I heard nothing for about a year and out of the blue a bailiff from Sherforce turned up with a High Court writ (fieri facias) demanding about £2,000, approximately double the original amount. When I queried this the bailiff suggested I contact the office. I wrote to them but I was then telephoned by Sherforce centre operative demanding £3,500. I then received a statement from them showing what are probably correct court and interest fees but with a charge for two visits from the appointed enforcement officer at about £750 each and HPI charges for (cars) of about £150 and sundry other bits. I am only aware of one visit, how do I dispute their claim? Surely the charges are ridiculous?

I went to the High Court and obtained a stay, one of the more stressful days I've had. The Master at court suggested I negotiate with them but how? It seems they can pretty much do as they please.

I have sent a subject access request with a self addressed acknowledgement of service and payment as suggested in these fora. I have received neither an acknowledgement or SAR info 3 weeks later.

Does anyone know what relationship there is between Sherforce and the appointed enforcement officer on the ground? The enforcement officer would appear to be an independent person operating as a limited company but I would suggest that some of the £750 fees will be a commission to Sherforce.

I understand I can apply for a detailed assessment but is there any possibility of reclaiming any costs? and is there an automatic stay.

I would like to say at this time that I have been a creditor many a time with no means of getting my money and acknowledge the need for some means enforcing debts. Sherforce however seem to be taking the pi$$. I notice that Sherforce seem to have a sister company of solicitors called Sherwins, it only reinforces my opinion that there is an element of solicitors that view the public as an easy source of Ferraris. I suspect the government drags its feet with things like this as they are one of the largest users via HMRC of this type of service.

The court has ordered you to pay the debt, nothing says you have to pay the fees. Only mugs offer to pay the fees to an HCEO. Just pay the original debt and close the case.

I lost a disputed action for approx £1000 in the County Court over the private sale of some machinery. Subsequently I made an offer of payment for a monthly amount that would clear the debt in about 2 years. I heard nothing for about a year and out of the blue a bailiff from Sherforce turned up with a High Court writ (fieri facias) demanding about £2,000, approximately double the original amount. When I queried this the bailiff suggested I contact the office. I wrote to them but I was then telephoned by Sherforce centre operative demanding £3,500. I then received a statement from them showing what are probably correct court and interest fees but with a charge for two visits from the appointed enforcement officer at about £750 each and HPI charges for (cars) of about £150 and sundry other bits. I am only aware of one visit, how do I dispute their claim? you need your SAR Surely the charges are ridiculous?

I went to the High Court and obtained a stay, how long was it for and what were the terms one of the more stressful days I've had. The Master at court suggested I negotiate with them but how? It seems they can pretty much do as they please.

I have sent a subject access request with a self addressed acknowledgement of service and payment as suggested in these fora. I have received neither an acknowledgement or SAR info 3 weeks later. - have you checked to see if they either received it (did you send by Trackable service) or if they have cashed your payment?

Does anyone know what relationship there is between Sherforce and the appointed enforcement officer on the ground? Check this page:

Our Officers - Sherforce Enforcement Officers

The enforcement officer would appear to be an independent person operating as a limited company but I would suggest that some of the £750 fees will be a commission to Sherforce. - very much doubt that

I understand I can apply for a detailed assessment but is there any possibility of reclaiming any costs? - you need your SAR and is there an automatic stay. -No

I would like to say at this time that I have been a creditor many a time with no means of getting my money and acknowledge the need for some means enforcing debts. Sherforce however seem to be taking the pi$$. I notice that Sherforce seem to have a sister company of solicitors called Sherwins, it only reinforces my opinion that there is an element of solicitors that view the public as an easy source of Ferraris. I suspect the government drags its feet with things like this as they are one of the largest users via HMRC of this type of service.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]