• Tweets

• Now I wonder, if the land is owned by the council and they can  use the RTA to enforce their rules why do they emply a bunch of banditd to manage the place? It woudl be easy to argue that the "fine" should be that set by local govt  and thus be about £30, not 390. this means Highview's demands are thus an unlawful penalty as they are higher than the prescribed tariff so they would lose a court claim on that basis regardless of the validity fo their contract with the LL and the motorist.   that means a complaint could be put to the local govt ombudsman and the council would have to behave and probably have to pay up compensation to the aggrieved motorist for the unlawfulness and distress so enfield would be around £130 a ticket down for every one challenged
    • If no Planning Permission, signs etc are illegal and no contract can exist, as it would be founded in a criminal action, signs without correct permissions to be erected.  PE have been caught out by this many times.  they are owned by Capita, same bunch that run TV Licensing for BBC
    • Yes, fill out the bit forwarded to yu by the car hire co adn take them on if you wish. you will need to be returning to Margate to get piccies of the place but in the meanwhile read up on private parking and also ahve a look at thaney councils planning portal and see if PE have permission to put their signs and cameras up in the first place
    • you need to edit that response as it was sent to a bunch of lawyers acting as debt collectors. so drop the bit about rentathreats. I would add the salutation Dear Ashley, it is no use trying to hide, we all know it is you writing this garbage.....     reason for thi is that a person well known in parking world isnt listed as having a controlling interest in the company contrary to Company Law
    • as they target commercial vehicles it isnt usually necessary to get the keeper details, they just demand money from the company that has their logo plastered on the side of the lorry. There is also different law surrounding their demands as the POFA doesnt apply and it isnt a consumer contract. You will unfortunately need to do a lot of reading up about these people as they ahve had mixed success in the courts so a bit of a lottery as to what bits of previous cases to use as being relevant.   However, the signage is on your side as ity mentions removal of vehicles, which means that unless the byelaws specifically allow it (and then the cost of removal doesnt necessarily ahve to be borne by the vehicle owner) then it is  unlawful and possibly illegal so that makes the whole contract void as it is a criminal compact   Proserve have a very complicated arrangement with the landowner and that means they have to pay the landowner for every trespass and then claim the money back form the vehicle driver/owner. in practicve they dont pay a peny in advance (can you imagine how long they would be inbusiness if they ahd to fork out hundreds of thousands a week with little prospect of recovering those advances?)   they also stop vehicles entering the docks if the company that owns it refuses to pay or has beaten them in court before despite not having any powers to do so. A vindictive, dishonest outfit.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
chipster76

Triton Credit Service

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3633 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello there, can anyone help.

I entered into an agreement with them to pay a small about of just over £3 a month, however last month I missed the payment, this was because I thought I had set up a DD with them to take the money automatically.

I have today received a phone call from them, firstly sayig that they were calling just to update my contact details and then the woman on the phone turned and started mouthing off at me about the missed payment, I tried to explain to no avail - apparantly they don't do DD's - obviously so they can catch people out.

Anyway she told me that my agreement had been breached and I had to pay £275 a month from now on, which I cannot afford as I was made redunadant from a good job last year and struggling to get back into work.

I ended up making a payment of £10 over the phone, which she took then told me it wasn't enough and was forwarding my details to their Legal Team.

Great just what I don't need right now, I thought I had everything sorted and now I feel am getting harrassed, they way she spoke was just plain disgusting, and I have now paid them £10 for nothing - thats my food budget for the week gone.

Can anyone give some advise on how I can deal with these horible people.

Thanks

yea

stop talking to these fleecers on the phone !

put it down

you are under NO legal obligation to converse this way.

do everything in writing only.

now a few basics........

triton are a DCA

they [as with ALL DCA's] have NO LEGAL POWERS!!

they can do NOTHING to you

they are NOT bailiffs

the milkman has more rights than they do!!

all they can do is send threat-o-grams & be nasty to people they get on the phone.

have you CCA'ed this debt?

whats the history?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Isn't it marvelous that they can't 'do a DD', particularly as they are the in-house collection arm of RBS. :rolleyes:

What type of debt is this?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Send them a CCA request, it doesn't matter that you have been paying, if they don't OWN the alleged debt it is then in dispute.

Apologies for the late reply, life has been way too hectic lately.

The swines caught me out on a different number, and they got really nasty with me again, when I phoned up to complain about their attitude I got someone really helpful, they told me to list out all my income and expenditure (again) as they had not received/lost the last two I had sent in. I have done this to comply with them, but am getting at least 15 phone calls a day from 8am to 8pm. I asked them to write to me as I need a proper record of what has been agreed, and to be honest I just don't want to talk to them anymore as they are always very rude to me.

The debt is in regard to a credit card, one I had jointly with my ex-partner which she ran up, but it was in my name. When we split up I just carried on paying for it because I didn't want to get into any sticky agruments about it.

Anyway since them I went and lost my job, spoke to the people who the credit card was with and they were brilliant, said I could write the whole thing off if I pay a certain amount, but obviously being unemplyed I just didn't have that sort of cash hanging around, they said they would look after it for me, next thing I know its been passed to these terrible people, I have kept up with everything they asked of me and done everything they said apart from when, as I said above, I thought I had set up a DD with them, so missed a payment.

I just don't want to talk to them and I want them to stop ringing me and harrassing me all the time, it is stressing me out too much and taking up time when I should be looking for work so I can somehow get them off my back.

Is it worth me writing to the people whom own the credit card in the first place to complain or not?

And what is this CCA people talk about?

Thanks.

post no.2. outlined what you should be doing or not doing.

you REALLY need to stop talking to these leechers on the phone!

you are under NO legal obligation to do so.

fire off a cca request, if they do not have the correct paper [a signed agreement by YOU] then they have no right to demand money off you.

they have 12+2 days, if it does not come back by then...stop payments.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi, chipster76.

How old is the card, how did you apply for it and are there any charges you could re-claim ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert