Triton Credit Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, can anyone help.

I entered into an agreement with them to pay a small about of just over £3 a month, however last month I missed the payment, this was because I thought I had set up a DD with them to take the money automatically.

I have today received a phone call from them, firstly sayig that they were calling just to update my contact details and then the woman on the phone turned and started mouthing off at me about the missed payment, I tried to explain to no avail - apparantly they don't do DD's - obviously so they can catch people out.

Anyway she told me that my agreement had been breached and I had to pay £275 a month from now on, which I cannot afford as I was made redunadant from a good job last year and struggling to get back into work.

I ended up making a payment of £10 over the phone, which she took then told me it wasn't enough and was forwarding my details to their Legal Team.

Great just what I don't need right now, I thought I had everything sorted and now I feel am getting harrassed, they way she spoke was just plain disgusting, and I have now paid them £10 for nothing - thats my food budget for the week gone.

Can anyone give some advise on how I can deal with these horible people.

Thanks

yea

stop talking to these fleecers on the phone !

put it down

you are under NO legal obligation to converse this way.

do everything in writing only.

now a few basics........

triton are a DCA

they [as with ALL DCA's] have NO LEGAL POWERS!!

they can do NOTHING to you

they are NOT bailiffs

the milkman has more rights than they do!!

all they can do is send threat-o-grams & be nasty to people they get on the phone.

have you CCA'ed this debt?

whats the history?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the late reply, life has been way too hectic lately.

The swines caught me out on a different number, and they got really nasty with me again, when I phoned up to complain about their attitude I got someone really helpful, they told me to list out all my income and expenditure (again) as they had not received/lost the last two I had sent in. I have done this to comply with them, but am getting at least 15 phone calls a day from 8am to 8pm. I asked them to write to me as I need a proper record of what has been agreed, and to be honest I just don't want to talk to them anymore as they are always very rude to me.

The debt is in regard to a credit card, one I had jointly with my ex-partner which she ran up, but it was in my name. When we split up I just carried on paying for it because I didn't want to get into any sticky agruments about it.

Anyway since them I went and lost my job, spoke to the people who the credit card was with and they were brilliant, said I could write the whole thing off if I pay a certain amount, but obviously being unemplyed I just didn't have that sort of cash hanging around, they said they would look after it for me, next thing I know its been passed to these terrible people, I have kept up with everything they asked of me and done everything they said apart from when, as I said above, I thought I had set up a DD with them, so missed a payment.

I just don't want to talk to them and I want them to stop ringing me and harrassing me all the time, it is stressing me out too much and taking up time when I should be looking for work so I can somehow get them off my back.

Is it worth me writing to the people whom own the credit card in the first place to complain or not?

And what is this CCA people talk about?

Thanks.

post no.2. outlined what you should be doing or not doing.

you REALLY need to stop talking to these leechers on the phone!

you are under NO legal obligation to do so.

fire off a cca request, if they do not have the correct paper [a signed agreement by YOU] then they have no right to demand money off you.

they have 12+2 days, if it does not come back by then...stop payments.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, chipster76.

How old is the card, how did you apply for it and are there any charges you could re-claim ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert