style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i was wondering if anyone can help me please.

I dont know how to create a new thread and been awake all night!

Yesterday evening had a letter through thr door from Rundle And Co stating they had called to sieze goods, however the debt thry are acting on is paid, we paid the council tax and they have still sent Rundle And Co round and i dont know what to do.

I have M.E and unemployed with this illness and my partner has been ill recently but works full time.

We have had no letters from anyone and yesterday was the first time i knew a bailifflink3.gif had been informed.

Sorry for the rambling, just so scared, can someone PLEASE HELP ME.

Hi scared85

Phone the council as soon as there offices open, explain that payments have been made. Also do the same with Rundle and Co. Also you don't need to open the door to them.

First thing you do is STOP pancaking

the bailiff has NO power as long as he doesn't get a levy so you keep him out your house do not invite him in you are not legally obliged to let him in no matter what he tells you

if you have a car move it out the street

any thing you have in your garden table/chairs lawn mower etc move

garage's garden sheds greenhouses keep locked

Did you have arrears that were paid direct to the council

was an agreement made with council to pay this debt

did you pay this debt separately from your normal council tax

you need to establish from the council

the financial tax year the bailiff is collecting

the dates for the year it relates to (from month - month)

the date of the liability order

the amount of the liability order

What address the debt relates to (have you moved house in the last few years)

We recieved a court letter explaining the arrears we were in, so i paid the council tax direct (via they're online payment thing) everything we owed them plus court fees and thought that was it cleared, then yesterday we had a bailiff letter.

Going to the council this morning because we don't owe anything to them so how can they have referred it to a bailiff?

oh and to add we live in a one bed ground floor flat, i've locked all the windows and i don't own a car.

We received a court letter explaining the arrears we were in, so i paid the council tax direct (via they're on-line payment thing) everything we owed them plus court fees and thought that was it cleared, then yesterday we had a bailiff letter.

Going to the council this morning because we don't owe anything to them so how can they have referred it to a bailiff?

your arrears payments may have been used to pay this years council tax

because you used the on-line payment system

get in touch with your council give them the date(s) these payments were made

Do not phone the bailiff company, email them followed by a letter. did you print off a reciept when you paid online, if so send the bailiff company a copy and give the copy to the council when you go see them.

what do i email them?

Sorry scared and new to this

send an attachment of the reciept that you have when you paid online.

and write;

"Account ref number *******

please find enclosed a copy of the receipt of council tax that has been paid in full using the councils online facility.

As this was paid before any bailiff intervention, no bailiff fees/charges should be added to this account.

Please do not hesitate in contacting me for further information if requested.

yours sincerely

************"

Which council is it ?

So whats cooking today ?