style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I have a question and would appreciate that only if you know the answer factually that you please reply.

In Scotland, if you are an innocent purchaser of a vehicle with a hire purchase agreement (as my car has with LBL), then you will remain the owner regardless of whether finance is on it.

Does any1 know if u sell a car to webuyanycar, if the lbl actully shows up in any checks that they would do.

Even although they are still able to keep the car if they purchase with HP in scotland, is there some kind of check I can personaly do on my vehicle to establish whether there is any info on it that LBL would have applied to it?

I look forward to a reply..

Hi there,

I have a question and would appreciate that only if you know the answer factually that you please reply.

In Scotland, if you are an innocent purchaser of a vehicle with a hire purchase agreement (as my car has with LBL), then you will remain the owner regardless of whether finance is on it.

Does any1 know if u sell a car to webuyanycar, if the lbl actully shows up in any checks that they would do.

Even although they are still able to keep the car if they purchase with HP in scotland, is there some kind of check I can personaly do on my vehicle to establish whether there is any info on it that LBL would have applied to it?

you do know that with webuyanycar you have to wait for your money they do not give it to you on the day. then they will pay logbook and not you. after a hpi. and yes it is against scotts law for any bill of sale but if you have a car with a england bill of sale they still can collect it.

Hi there,

1 more problem you are going to have. just reading though your posts. and i hope you take this advice. i see you need to get out of dept like 1000s of others. but hiding and swaping everything is not a good idea. if you sell your car to webuyanycar you do understand that lbl will turn your bill of sale into money. and if you get to go BR you have to remember a bill of sale has a life time of 5 years. hand the car back to lbl and your bankrupt will take care of the CA.

Hi CCTV

thanks for replying.

I actually dont have a bill of sale, its a hire purchase agreement I have with them.

Will it definitely show if I do an hpi check as I called trading standards and she says as far as she is concerned its not a legal document and they need a court order in scotland which they wont get. I appreciate they just take it anyway but I would rather sell to an "innocent" party which means someone has a new car with no ties and I can deal with this **** by making a payment plan offer or something.

Hello logbookloanhell,

My name is Katie and I work for webuyanycar.com. Just thought I’d try and clarify a few things for you:

We do stringent finance checks on all vehicles we buy and will not buy a car with a log book loan in place unless you have a formal settlement offer from Log Book Loans. Not declaring outstanding finance would effectively be fraud.

Hope this helps?

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know.

Katie