Why is the whole debt collection industry SO INHUMANE and incompetant as well

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I am totally at a loss to understand why this industry apart from the real scumbags who work in it are so INCOMPETANT.

I wrote to the Woolwich in May expaining (and sending a copy of) a new contract where I finally got a job again and was working in France.

I said I'd pay all arrears in the middle of July when I get my first payment (first months work for nearly a year BTW).

Woolwich agrred -- no problem

BUT since may I have had 29 letters -- yes 29 saying the account was overdue and I even had a guy attempting to visit my house 4 times -- no chance as I'm in France at the mpment.

He finally called me where I explained the situation -- h actually was quite apologetic because he hadn't been informed by the Woolwich of the agreement I had in place.

However it doesn't all end so sweetly as the Woolwich are trying to charg me 120 GBP for "attempted home visits".

I had an agreement with them -- so what's this B/S they are trying to charge me for --- probably incompetant Indian I.T centres or somthing.

Honestly I am getting SO SICK of the antics of the whole debt collection industry -- even when you MAKE an agreement there seems no propect of the other side keeping to it.

Cheers

jimbo

Because just like all financial services it is target driven by unintelligent and/or unethical people out to make a fast buck.

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Because just like all financial services it is target driven by unintelligent and/or unethical people out to make a fast buck.

I think you'll find 99.99999% of people on here in totall agrement with you.

I'd love to see them try to get you to pay for their 'attempted' home visits.

Not only is it completely unenforceable, it is tantamount to extortion!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

they employ incompetents

So you get incompetence

Yes, you pay peanuts, expect monkeys!:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

does the woolwich still exsist

i had an woolwich account and was transfered to barclays

Barclays kept the brand for Mortgages, I think. I'm still bitter Barclays removed my good ol' Woolwich buffer, lol.

This is another situation where Truecall would have come in handy...If only the government would give us all a free one. :D

Unless it is recorded on their systems - and that doesn't always happen even when it is agreed in writing - then the systems are programmed to indicate the next phase of collection and no one intervenes. That's why the collector was unaware of any arrangement - it hadn't been recorded on the system. Sometimes whoever you speak to cannot be ars*ed - it is not their problem and it is nearly coffee time. Financial institutions will always be incompetent - they have allowed the systems to take over and the systems are only as good as their operators, who do as little as possible and get away with it. I have had 2 SAR replies with other people's information - they didn't even check what they were photocopying - idiots - and that happens frequently.

In answer to the title of this thread: Imagine this, if you will:

A dark and dingy office with rows of desks with interchangeable job titles and a push button to access the threatogram.

We have to find the 'right' person for the job, so who do we choose?

Well, it has to be someone who is totally afraid of any kind of personal contact, and would run away if you faced them in a dark ally.

So, who could this be, well just imagine in those rows of desks are manned by people in hoodies, who are 'failed' hoodies on the street due to lack of a spine, can you see it now!!!