Daughter shoplifted, what can I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi easilyconfused........... A couple of points here. First when a person is detained by store detectives they are detaining after an arrestable offence has been committed. I am assuming that as a parent they were being diligent in contacting you because your daughter was a juvenile. In my experience when juvenile girls get arrested at a store (normally make up or other cosmetics or cheap jewellry correct???) they are more concerned with Mum and dad finding out. Now what would have been more concerning, getting the phone call from the store detective because they have used their brain to circumvent the necessity for your daughter being taken to the police station and placed in a cell or the police phoning you hours later when she has been searched head to toe and placed in the cell had her fingerprints, photo and DNA taken and lodged in a data base for the rest of her life?

The second point is that parents rarely see how their beloved offspring act when out of sight and control of the parent. I have lost count of the times when parents on seeing video evidence have been shocked at the behaviour which they swear could never have happened.

The fact that you accept her guilt but are aggrieved that some minor civil liberty has apparently been breached (and I am not sure that is the case here) seems to me to be way off the mark. You seem to be putting a lot of energy into subsequent complaint when perhaps you should be looking as to the reason why your daughter found it necessary and acceptable to steal property belonging to someone else.

Sorry to be negative just thought you should take a step back and try and be objective and proportionate.

Finally, someone who agrees with me.

Hammy :)

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Thanks for this Hammy. Seems like I have upset easily confused and JonCris for daring to think that the daughter was in the wrong. Merely pointing out the relativity of the various action of those concerned seems to me to be level handed. For you information JonCris I spent a life time defending yours and everyone's civil liberties but in my experience one has to weigh up the opposing actions that lifes problems throw at us all.

Tough Love.

And for your information I realised how stupid I was in the loading bay ticket problem. Put it behind me and was more careful from then on. It was hardly in the same boat. You seem to want revenge on the store detective for detaining your daughter. We all have learning experiences and age is no barrier to stupidity for any of us. Perhaps you should reflect on it all.

Edited by papasmurf1cx