loopinlouie

What is a VIC code?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3694 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So you dont have to read the long thread on my problems with tescos I will ask this for those who understand telecoms.

If your new provider contact for instance in my case tesco and say you wish them to take you over for phone and line and say the problem for the delay lies with tesco, does the fact your new provider have the VIC code indicate that in fact the provider you are leaving has done all they have to as they say.

As in as sky have the vic code does the delay lie between them and openreach rather than tesco as they state.

Tesco were very upset and insisted sky have no right to blame them and I feel this deserves me looking into as in would tesco have issued the VIC code, which apparantly gives them (sky) the right to take over the line.:confused::confused:

Never hear of a VIC (except in a PC codec). Could you mean MAC...? ('Migration Access Code') Which is a number used to migrate broadband service from one provider to another?

See here: http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/article.asp?id=mac-migration-codes&kt=1383&gclid=CLGKgOyS1aICFU5_3godeUDEJA

No both sky and tescos refered to it as a VIC code, they did also ask me as I was talking to broadband was I refering to changing my broadband as in mac not vic.

Apparantly the phone has to go over first to sky then they within a short time take over the bb which involves the mac.

Problem is sky say they have this code which allows them to take over the line, yet earlier were blaiming tescos for the delay and saying they were not communicating to agree a portal date and time and apparantly all of this is done via computer.

I thought maybe this code is what tescos would have authorised, because they have no problem or idea of a delay and say its up to sky not them, so am confused a little xx

Problem is when call them tesco for the phone service the number they give puts you through to broadband and they answer all the issues relating to either.

Pc codec makes sence. Just know I am despairing at how such a simple change over can go so wrong. Today was the day they hoped to take it over and are blaming tescos for some reason and now say the order hasnt gone through with openreach due to tesco also.

Openreach insist you communiate with current provider over problems tescos and they tescos say sky is at fault as its all up to them now.

Edited by loopinlouie

I've never heard of it I'm afrad, even thinking of things telco beginning VI, I still can't come up with anything relevant.... sorry!

Thanks anyhow:D