Mrmagoooo

Council House List and working abroad

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3687 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I know to many people here this is going to seem like a bizzare question. It's however one of the sort of things I tend to think about oweing to the medical condition I have and it helps if I manage to resolve it in my mind.

I have no plans of working abroad now or in the future but if I to work abroad for a few months, maybe even years do I lose my place on the council housing list?

I get quite intense anxiety about such things even though I have no plans on going anywhere now or in the forseeable future but I like to have the peace of mind that I will be able to do so in future, without losing the security found with being on the list. Being taken off the council house list removes a large safety net that I have. I would love to work abroad one day, that is when I'm able to work but not for long.

If it is the case that I will be struck off the council list were I to work in the EU, wouldn't that contravene the whole idea of freedom of movement of people in the EU? I imagine if that happened I could petition the European Parliament or Council but that's just speculation.

My council send a renewal reminder card each year to those on the housing register, round here you need to renew annually or you get dropped from the list. I dunno how it works in other LAs.dunno%5b1%5d.gif

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.