What rights have i got against a car dealer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a car from a car dealer which was £3000. My car was used as part exchange and i got £1000 for it..so i paid the remaining £2000 cash. Its got a 3 month warrenty on it...Ive had to send the car back twice (ive only had it 13 days) because the indicaters didnt work, the airbag light is continually on and it `clunks` as you turn the wheel. Ive since found out that the car i bought is only worth £1700/£1800 so i paid £1200 more than the cars worth...theyve also put my car up for sale at £2500 which is £1500 more than they gave me for it. I understand people have to make a profit but i feel hes really taking the proverbial. Have i any rights against this dealer as the cars not worth what i paid for it and it still needsto be put right. Can i get my money back ?

do a letter to the garage

tell them to rectify the defects within 7 days or you will be rejecting the car under the sale of goods act

send it to the garage by recorded and give a copy to the gaage when you return the car

you want your old car back plus any deposit

thanks so much for your advice...i had a chat to the guy that sold me the car and i asked him for my car back and the deposit..he said no way...moist probably because hemade a mint from it. i shall do as you say and see what happens i shall let you know the outcome ..

Thanks for your help

this is the letter im going to send him is this ok?

to whom it may concern.

We bought a car from you on the 22nd of June ( ive put the cars info in ).

We have had to bring it back to you twice because theres faults with it.

I`ve taken legal adviceand have been informed that i can give you 7 days from the above date to rectify all the faults with the car or i shall be rejecting the car under the sale of goods act and i want either my car back and the £2000 we paid for the car or if youve sold my car the £3000 that the car cost us.

The faults on the car are

1- The horn doesnt work properly.

2- The airbag light is on permanantly and it shouldnt be.

3- The car `clunks` when you turn the steering wheel whilst driving which the garage you sent us to has said is the suspension strutt or the bracket holding the suspension strutt.

4- The chip in the windscreen properly fixed.

These are the jobs I want done . The car has already been brought back because the indicators didnt work.

You have said that the car was RAC tested I want the paperwork to prove this and I want the MOT failure information when the car failed the 1st MOT on June 22nd.

This is the pre-action protocol I have to abide by and you have 7 days from the above date.

i k now im a pain but is this letter ok i dont want to send it if its not correct.

i also want to thank you for taking the time to give me this help xx