BankFodder BankFodder

just_jue

Welcome insurances, Gardx and VT

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 311 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, yes everything else is right. I am just worried that if I want to VT the car they won't include the deposit.

Hi - sorry dont know what VT the car means? - but am interested in your thread as you say you were given a new agreement following cancellation of insurance - I have been told re my own case - that a new agreement is not necessary - therefore am now curious about the whole issue??? anyone please:-)

Hi, VT means Voluntary Termination, so if you pay over 50% you can give the car back without paying anything else. It is written on your agreement under 'Termination your rights'.

JJ

Hi, anybody please I need to finish this letter.

Thanks

JJ

Hi Post, did you manage to view page 1?

Thanks

JJ

Yep

Got It

Ill Draft A Response In A Few Days

Seems The Fos Has Got A Tad Confused On Perscribed Terms And The Cca

If you want me to scan up all of the other letters I can do, some of their response have really wound me up. The one that really got to me was saying that Welcome rewrote the agreement as a gesture of goodwill!

JJ

Hi Post if you are a round I have tried to send you a PM but your in box is full.

JJ

just jue

i have received a response from my complaints to welcome

welcome have decided to refund £299 for the gardx and credited this to my account as a gesture of goodwill

did not receive evidence that this has occured as no statement was provided within the letter

as gardx was included within the cash price, interest was applied and the goodwill gesture does not cover this and i only see this as an admission of misselling.

i have a lot of other issues going on with regards to welcome so this may be a concession by welcome to see if this shuts me up

they also conceded on another minor issue and as i see it they may be willing to repay the small issues to see if this satifies the complaints

just thought ill let you know as promised

essexboy

Hi Essexboy, that is good to hear. I am halfway through my letter of complaint to how the fos have dealt with it as it seems they don't know everything they are stating. Will let you know how I get on as well.

JJ

hi just jue

give me a few days as waiting for a letter back from the oft and fos

sorry to jump in just jue

postggi welcomes defence to secret commission is branwhirte -v- worcester works finance limited [1969] 1 ac 552

essexboy

thanks essexboy

looking at it now

Hi everyone, as you may have read from my other posts I have been having a battle with Welcome for about a year now.

I have never missed a payment with this company and are coming close to having the option of Voluntary Terminating the agreement.

I rewrote the agreement after 1 1/2 months due to me cancelling their over the top insurances, on my new agreement they have not shown my deposit of £200. When I complained to the FOS about this they replied that 'the deposit is not included in the VT figure', this is wrong but I need to have written proof to take this further.

I have looked under the CCA 1974 (section 100) regarding this matter but it doesn't list about the payments. But on the National Debtline website it does mention the deposit a a sum paid.

If anyone can point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

JJ

Anyone please

sorry just jue

not sure that vt is a good answer all threads i have seen have normally meant that welcome chase any shortfall after selling your car on the cheap

sorry

i may be wrong but i would seriously check out what is involved and any future costs to yourself first

essexboy

Thanks Essex boy, Well they can try and chase but it is my legal right to VT and would be another part of my complaint with FOS.

I would rather send they car back than pay them any more money.

JJ

do you still have a copy of the old agreement

the deposit is included in the vt figure

sorry if going over old ground

Yep got everything also finished my letter to the FOS after going through all his summing up he has made quite a few errors.

JJ

i know from reading your thread

have the fos seen the first and second agreement

for a start

the second agreement should be an agreement to modify the first, not a new agreement

Yea and the FOS say that Welcome haven't done anything wrong and the re-writing was done as a goodwill gesture.

well send the whole lot back to the fos and have it looked at again with your objections

I been very nice I have even photocopied proof of his errors and highlighted them for him. I have also ask for their complaints procedure and want my case looked at by a independent assessor

thats the way to do it

this will end

just stick at it