Welcome insurances, Gardx and VT

just_jue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Vt amount is about £150 now, rang the Crawley branch (to see if they were still around) yesterday, so will be handing the letter over with a cheque to bring me up to the magic number as well as faxing and send a copy to HO, then they can't say they haven't received it!!!

Essexboy - Good luck for Friday

JJ

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, finally paid the magic amount to VT the car, does anyone have the best address and fax number for Welcome a email address would be handy as well.

I want to send the letter recorded (of course), fax over, email and drop a copy into the local branch so they cannot say they have not received it.

Thanks

JJ

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just to let you all now that the car was collected last month. Welcome have rung a couple of times asking for the £200 shortfall but after I told them to check their records they have seen that I had paid the £200 and they get off the phone pretty sharpish.

Thanks again for all your advice and help

JJ

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, still having a little problem with Welcome. They have rung 4 times now wanting £205 but as soon as I tell them about the missing deposit of £200 they see that this hasn't been taken off and they say they will look into it and close they account. I have now had a final statement which still says that I owe £205.

As this amount is wrong and they are chasing a debt that doesn't exist what will be the best course of action?

Thanks

JJ

Yet another phone call - this time from the 'High Risk Department' (ohh i'm scared). After letting him have he say threatening hell and dam fire I calmly explained what has happened and asked if Welcome normally go against the FOS adjudications? Which he didn't like and asked me to prove this to him and nothing was on his screen, again he didn't like it when I said he should get a better screen.

So I have copied all the letters from the FOS and Welcome agreeing to the adjudication and highlighted the important parts in nice colours for him (I hope he likes it) with a nice covering letter explaining that they were now harassing me and had breached quite a few OFT guide lines regarding Debt Collections and that I would also like copies of all the transcripts since the car was sent back . I have also sent copies to Welcome Compliance, FOS and the OFT for good measure.

We will see what me makes of that.

JJ

• 4 weeks later...

I have had the final response from Welcome -

They agree that they should of taken off the £200 deposit but they are saying that I owe them £5.65 which must be paid straight away.

With this in mind I had paid £100 over what the FOS said I had to pay to VT the car. I also have a letter from Welcome Finance agreeing to the FOS adjudication

This is getting silly and I won't pay this on principle and I am going to write them one letter and put in an invoice for my time and postage and see what they come back with.

JJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This one should do the trick:

'TO BE USED WHEN YOU WANT TO TERMINATE A HIRE PURCHASE AGREEMENT WITH YOUR CREDITOR

Your Name

Your Address

Company's Address

The Date

VOLUNTARY TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Account Number (Car Make/Model and Registration Number)

I am/we are writing to notify you that I am/we are exercising my/our right to terminate the above Agreement under Section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I/we understand that I shall/we will be liable to you for the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Please send me/us details of how the vehicle can be returned to you.

Please confirm receipt of this request by telephone/fax to me/us on (your telephone number or fax number).

Yours faithfully

Your Name'

They may try and charge you a collection fee which I have been advised that is against the consumer credit act.

Just make sure that you letters are sent recorded as Welcome have a habit of mislaying letters.

The car must have an MOT, not sure about the tax, I left mine on as it had less than a month left. It has to be road worthy and all the tyres must have tread on them.

JJ

• 8 years later...

Hi,

I had a couple of cars through Welcome around 2008 and 2010.

In the end I did VT the last one.

At the moment I think I got rid of all the paperwork, am I too late now to see if there was any extra insurances included?

If I can't find any details how would I prove who I am to them as moved house since my last dealings with them.

JJ

send an sar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Welcome insurances, Gardx and VT