Welcome insurances, Gardx and VT

just_jue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just jue

keep at it, seems to me fos is toothless unless they think you will persue your case further and then they would have to justify their response.

just a thought if welcome have agreed to refund my Gardx as a goodwill gesture and applied it to my active account, if the same situation occurred with you, that would bring you £299.00 + interest nearer you vt figure

essexboy

Good thinking as you know they have agreed to refund the £299 that they shouldn't have added so I have put that I want to make sure that no interest has been charged on this amount.

JJ

they def charged interest on this amount as it was within the cash price and that was subject to interest

so if i was you i would expect £299.00 + interest to be debited to your account

essexboy

Got my response to the FOS and they finally agree with me - Hooray

They have recommended that the Vt value goes down by £100, to refund another £299 for the discrepancies and another amount for my inconvenience.

So I will sign this and send it back.

What happens now? Can Welcome dig their heels in and appeal or is the FOS decision final?

Thanks again for all your advice espically to Post & Essexboy

JJ

well its up to you if you accept the offer, at the end of the day its your choice to end this

i still say the gardex added to the cost of credit is unlawfull as its an optional extra but its how you feel as we would prob need a court to give a decision on that one

Yea I did think that, but as I am close to the VT amount I am going to accept the deal then send the car back. Taking them to court could take a while and between then I would still have to pay them.

JJ

sorry havin probs, what it is , I have the same one as you posted with price of vehicle £10107.00 underneath extras £299.00 then total ordered vehichle price £10406.00 which is on the agreement, now I have a copy of another used vehicle invoice which came in part sars states vehicle price 10,406.00 no mention of any extras does that make sense

So, I am going to send off the VT at the beginning of next months as I have hit the magic number. I will be writing to Welcome (recorded of course), faxing, emailing and dropping off the letter to our local branch (if it is still open). So they cannot say they haven't got it.

If they try with the collection charge, am I right in thinking that they cannot legally charge over what would reasonable (i.e. back to where you brought the car)?

If they muck around am I also allowed to charge them rent on my drive and the cost of insuring the car?

Thanks again for all the advice I have received over my time on here.

JJ

dont want to burst your bubble but if you have an outstanding balance for this account will only reduce your balance

but i think that may have been your reasoning to reach the vt value if this is the case

well done and congatulations

essexboy