Welcome insurances, Gardx and VT

just_jue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi - sorry dont know what VT the car means? - but am interested in your thread as you say you were given a new agreement following cancellation of insurance - I have been told re my own case - that a new agreement is not necessary - therefore am now curious about the whole issue??? anyone please:-)

just jue

i have received a response from my complaints to welcome

welcome have decided to refund £299 for the gardx and credited this to my account as a gesture of goodwill

did not receive evidence that this has occured as no statement was provided within the letter

as gardx was included within the cash price, interest was applied and the goodwill gesture does not cover this and i only see this as an admission of misselling.

i have a lot of other issues going on with regards to welcome so this may be a concession by welcome to see if this shuts me up

they also conceded on another minor issue and as i see it they may be willing to repay the small issues to see if this satifies the complaints

just thought ill let you know as promised

essexboy

Hi Essexboy, that is good to hear. I am halfway through my letter of complaint to how the fos have dealt with it as it seems they don't know everything they are stating. Will let you know how I get on as well.

JJ

Hi everyone, as you may have read from my other posts I have been having a battle with Welcome for about a year now.

I have never missed a payment with this company and are coming close to having the option of Voluntary Terminating the agreement.

I rewrote the agreement after 1 1/2 months due to me cancelling their over the top insurances, on my new agreement they have not shown my deposit of £200. When I complained to the FOS about this they replied that 'the deposit is not included in the VT figure', this is wrong but I need to have written proof to take this further.

I have looked under the CCA 1974 (section 100) regarding this matter but it doesn't list about the payments. But on the National Debtline website it does mention the deposit a a sum paid.

If anyone can point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

JJ

sorry just jue

not sure that vt is a good answer all threads i have seen have normally meant that welcome chase any shortfall after selling your car on the cheap

sorry

i may be wrong but i would seriously check out what is involved and any future costs to yourself first

essexboy

I been very nice I have even photocopied proof of his errors and highlighted them for him. I have also ask for their complaints procedure and want my case looked at by a independent assessor