Welcome insurances, Gardx and VT

just_jue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the £250 cashback was not supposed to be reflected in the price of the Car, it should of been in the form of a cheque direct to you!

I was promised this when I got my car back in March 2008, but to date have never received it. I gave up on chasing it!

If anyone has any links to the original adverts it would be a blessing to those of us that haven't received it.

Also, I recall a price list at my local branch of Welcome being on an A4 sized paper tucked away in the corner of the showroom area. This price list was out of date as half the cars were not even on their.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

interesting emmilou, I never signed a disclaimer or any documentation declaring that I had the £1000 part ex (although it may have been explained verbally) or that I agreed to offset the £250 cash back of the price of the car. I do know that I verbally agreed with the Rep that I would get a cheque sent out to me within a few weeks of the taking the car. this never happened.

has anyone challenged this and got a result?

• 4 weeks later...

oh wow!! congrats JJ :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

If it does just make sure you add the £25 bounced payment charge ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

and £10 to put it in writing in case their phone records get lost

and your time spent chasing them at ooo lets say £10 an hr lol

• 2 weeks later...

Now getting a bloody text message every month a couple of days before my payment is going out just to remind me as if I didn't know.

Sent them a snooty letter telling them where they can stick their text messages. Lets see what letter I get back

Hi, they have just rung regarding the text messaging. It seems the compliance (customer service) department didn't know anything about these text messages going out to customer. So I let her know I wasn't happy and I wanted them to stop, which she says they will do. We will wait and see!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

As some of you regulars my know I have had a problem with Welcome and had complained to the FOS about some errors.

Finally got a response from the FOS and each one of my queries have been upheld in the favour of Welcome.

My main worry was that I cancelled the insurances that Welcome sold me as they were so expensive, but I later noticed that the re-written agreement did not have the £200 deposit I paid listed, correct me if I am wrong but if I decided to VT the car after I had paid 1/2 the payments the deposit would go as a payment?

I also complained regarding Welcomes old favourite the GARDX insurance already being on my agreement and being optional I should of been able to cancel it, funnily enough this is not mentioned in the FOS report (I wonder why).

If someone could let me know (as I am sure I read it on a web-site) that any agreement that is re-written the figures have to be the same?

I am not going to let this lie as they also haven't explained why I have 2 different statements for the same account with different dates and figures.

Any idea who I can complain to?

Thanks

JJ

Hi, I am half way through a letter to the FOS and need to know that if a deposit is paid that this goes towards the total amount paid when VTing a car.

Need some clarification please.

JJ

When you pay your deposit, say £200, this is added to the amount borrowed. If say you had borrowed £5000 then the total amount payable is £5200.

When working out if youve paid half or not, you have to add the interest to the £5200, say £1000, which gives a total amount amount payable of £6200.

Then take away all your payments you've made, and also take away the £200 deposit. This should give you an amount remaining which will obviously represent a % of the total amount payable.

Yes, thats what I was aware of. Had a similar dealing with Black Horse over an outstanding amount and I brought it to the CAG forum last year and was advised the same, all amounts borrowed are added to the agreement, cash deposits and P/X values are included in the total amount payable and subsequently taken away when working out how much has been paid off.