SAR Request - Lack Of Information

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3704 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I sent off a SAR using the template from here.

I received a reply on Saturday but they have not sent me any details of payments made or charges applied to the account.

No DN or the 2 termination letters that they have sent.

What can I send back to them to request this information?

Thanks

hi DeBilde

Try the following:-

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated XXXXXX. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing:-

1) You have failed to provide a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

2) You have failed to provide a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully,

You will not get a copy of the DN - they do them on templates and don't keep copies - but there should be a note on the transaction history if one was sent. If there isn't, they didn't send one.

How many days has it been since you sent the SAR ? As they may possibly still send the remainder of your files at a later stage. Give them 40 calendar days (the time allowed to comply)....once that has elapsed then you need to send the letter above (entitle it LETTER BEFORE ACTION)

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Good point:-)

How many days has it been since you sent the SAR ? As they may possibly still send the remainder of your files at a later stage. Give them 40 calendar days (the time allowed to comply)....once that has elapsed then you need to send the letter above (entitle it LETTER BEFORE ACTION)
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I sent a SAR request on the 29th June 2010 and received a reply with only a copy of my agreement enclosed. Their letter stated they had fulfilled their duty of the SAR and that was that.

I wrote back informing them that the request was not satisfied as I have not had copies of the DN, 2 termination letters sent or a log of all contact and payments and charges on the account.

Their time expired last weekend and I still not had a response.

What are my next actions?

Thanks

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.