SAR Request - Lack Of Information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off a SAR using the template from here.

I received a reply on Saturday but they have not sent me any details of payments made or charges applied to the account.

No DN or the 2 termination letters that they have sent.

What can I send back to them to request this information?

Thanks

hi DeBilde

Try the following:-

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated XXXXXX. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing:-

1) You have failed to provide a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

2) You have failed to provide a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully,

You will not get a copy of the DN - they do them on templates and don't keep copies - but there should be a note on the transaction history if one was sent. If there isn't, they didn't send one.

How many days has it been since you sent the SAR ? As they may possibly still send the remainder of your files at a later stage. Give them 40 calendar days (the time allowed to comply)....once that has elapsed then you need to send the letter above (entitle it LETTER BEFORE ACTION)

Good point:-)

How many days has it been since you sent the SAR ? As they may possibly still send the remainder of your files at a later stage. Give them 40 calendar days (the time allowed to comply)....once that has elapsed then you need to send the letter above (entitle it LETTER BEFORE ACTION)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I sent a SAR request on the 29th June 2010 and received a reply with only a copy of my agreement enclosed. Their letter stated they had fulfilled their duty of the SAR and that was that.

I wrote back informing them that the request was not satisfied as I have not had copies of the DN, 2 termination letters sent or a log of all contact and payments and charges on the account.

Their time expired last weekend and I still not had a response.

What are my next actions?

Thanks