style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3684 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

I`m not sure if this belongs here but here goes.

I have just come back from holiday. Before i went i booked airport parking via a online agent ( i will name company`s at a later stage depending on any advice i receive).

I was running a bit late on the day of departure and when i arrived at the parking place it turned out to be on a small trading estate and was the car park of empty office block. The car park was secure with electric gates but there was no one manning it.

After walking around pressing intercom buttons and looking through windows, i found a small sign telling me to phone a mobile number.

I did not have my mobile with me ( my wife won,t let me take it on holiday!!!) and because i was in danger of missing my flight i went to the airport carpark.

I paid £25.19 for the original car parking. When i got back from hols. i had to pay £82.00 for airport parking.

I want to claim my £82 back.

Do i go after the online booking agent or do i try and get it back from the car park company.

Many thanks in advance for any advice i may receive.

I really doubt you will have any success wuth this. By your own admission, running late was your fault, not that for your chosen parking firm. Similarly, how were you to get from the car park to the airport? Taxi or shuttle bus? Where you even in the correct place?

If you paid them in advance for your booking, then you are certainly entitled to your money back but if you are trying to pursue them for your inconvenience and increased costs because you went with another company, I don't believe this would have any success, with the additional risk of you having to pay the winners costs if you lost. Also, if you did win you;d only get the difference in cost - not 'free' parking.

The car park offered:

valet parking= they meet you at airport and take your car to car park.

basic parking= you park your own car, and get to the airport via the REGULAR shuttle bus THEY provide.

Yes i was running late, but i don,t expect a car park that provides a regular shuttle bus to be unmanned.

@BUZBY

I find your so called help to be offensive at the least. I have reread my post at don,t seem to be able to find the bit were i stated i was trying to get FREE PARKING.

I was asking about trying to claim the EXTRA COSTS of £82 that i incured.

Also i can not find the paragraph were i stated that i was after compensation for my inconveniance.

"Where you even in the correct place?"

You may think that everybody on this site is stupid except you, but the big sign outside that read " xxx parking" was a big clue i was in the correct place. And the fact that i had followed their directions they had emailed me.

I find your so called advice ( accusations that i,m trying to make a quick buck through the court system more like)on this thread and many others to be argumentive and rude.

So would you kindly refrain from posting on my thread and go stick your head were the sun don,t shine.

The car park offered:

basic parking= you park your own car, and get to the airport via the REGULAR shuttle bus THEY provide.

Yes i was running late, but i don,t expect a car park that provides a regular shuttle bus to be unmanned.

@BUZBY

I find your so called help to be offensive at the least. I have reread my post at don,t seem to be able to find the bit were i stated i was trying to get FREE PARKING.

Also i can not find the paragraph were i stated that i was after compensation for my inconveniance.

You may think that everybody on this site is stupid except you, but the big sign outside that read " xxx parking" was a big clue i was in the correct place. And the fact that i had followed their directions they had emailed me.

I find your so called advice ( accusations that i,m trying to make a quick buck through the court system more like)on this thread and many others to be argumentive and rude.

So would you kindly refrain from posting on my thread and go stick your head were the sun don,t shine.

Dear me - what sad, sad person you really are!

Please, take them to court - and when you lose, I'll still be laughing at your attempts at indignation. It's not only your hair that's gone, it's your sense of proportion too.

If you paid them in advance - recall the money. Car Parks don't make money by not providing services, however it could have been a [EDIT] and no parking ever existed. In which case, you got scammed, and the chances of your money back even more remote!

:) :) :)

I,ll ask again the original question.

Should i contact the online booking agent or the actual car park company to make my complaint.

The question BUZBY seemed to overlook in his/her haste to tell me how stupid i was.

The car park offered:

@BUZBY

I,ll ask again the original question.

Should i contact the online booking agent or the actual car park company to make my complaint.

The question BUZBY seemed to overlook in his/her haste to tell me how stupid i was.

I find your over reaction offensive and totally uncalled for. busby wasn't trying to say you were stupid he was trying to help and clarify the situation. if this is the way you talk to people that are trying to help then youll probably have to help yourself.

busby............ dont you wonder sometimes why you bother.

I was told life was supposed to be one long learning curve.

Mines more a series of hairpin bends.

Ok thanks

Probably was a bit over the top, but i have had my dealings with Buzby before.

He does not seem to answer a simple querie.

I did not mention taking anyone to court ( when i said who do i go for, i meant who do i complain to)

I did not say i was looking to get FREE PARKING

I did not say i was looking to pursue them for compensation for my inconveniance.

So why mention it?

All he needed to say was:

" You should contact the car parking company or you should contact the booking agent.

SIMPLES

Edited by wheresmyhairgone

Heck no.

I give you the assumption that you've had the intelligence to book responsibly and not been conned. Next up, the person you pursue is the entity you've paid (follow the money). If 'a' didn't pay 'b', and 'b' was providing you with the service - there's little point pursuing 'b'. That's not just 'simples' but logical.

Neither did you bother stating, how and where you paid, who you paid so the omission areall on your part. You can only expect a response based on what you give. Next, DOES the firm actuall exist? OR is it just a web site? Even if legit, most firms give an estimated timeframe on the time you need to leave between drop-off and arriving at the terminal. Thisis finite, and by your own admission it was going to be tight anyway.

As for court... why ask then? YOu can ask a supplier for anything you like, but if they ignore you then your ONLY option is via court, and you learn to pick your battles. In the case you outlined, ASSUMING they are sueable, the chances of a win are slim anyway. If you paid by plastic, why not try and get you money back first, then by clawback if need be.