• Tweets

• Here is the latest draft defence aligned to each item from the POC. I have incorporated PAP detail into Item 4 of the defence in italics. Do I add the detail of CCA into Defence Item 5? Your comments, advice and suggested amendments are welcome.   1. The Claimant ('C') claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced “ref number” and opened effective from 27/08/2016. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, was signed by the Defendant ('D') and from which credit was extended to the Defendant.   Defence 1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of the claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   2.  The Defendant failed to comply with a default notice served pursuant to s87, . CCA and by 05/08/2019  a default was recorded. Defence 2. Paragraph 1 is denied. I cannot recall any dealing with HSBC in the past, I cannot recall the specifics of the alleged agreement.   3.  As at 18/09/2019 the Defendant owed “Bank of SCOTLAND” the sum of 3897281. Defence 3. Paragraph 3 is denied. It is denied that any amounts are due under any agreement.   4. By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to the Claimant effective 18/09/2019 and made regular upon the Claimant serving a Notice of Assignment the Defendant shortly thereafter. Defence 4. Paragraph 5 is denied and I am not aware of service of a Default Notice by the original creditor or Legal Assignment the claimant refers to within its particulars of claim. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) and Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.    5. And the Claimant claims: 1. 397281;  2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Court Act (1984) at a rate of 8 % per Annum from 18/09/2019 to 25/08/2020 of 26171 And thereafter at a daily rate of 82 to date of judgment or sooner payment. Date 28/08/2010 Defence 5. On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim from Link Financial & Kearns Solicitors by way of a CPR 31:14 request sent via Royal Mail delivery on 28 August 2020. To date, neither Link Financial or Kearns Solicitors are yet to furnish me with the requested information.   7.Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:- a) show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; b) show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for; c) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a Default Notice pursuant to Sec 87 (1) CCA1974. d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;   8. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.   9. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.   By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Hi   I am not really sure where to post this , hopefully it’s appropriate here    At the end of 2017 my partner was involved in a rtc when a car pulled round a bus and hit my car that my partner was driving.   on the advice of family I instructed a car accident management company to deal with the repairs/make necessary arrangements.  The car was fixed and the accident management company paid us a couple of thousand pounds to pay the garage .  The bill never came from the garage and we were told that it had been settled by the insurance company.    when I sold the car a few months ago I struggled to sell to the garage as it was registered by my insurance as a write off.  I was offered significantly less for it because of this.    today I received a letter from a solicitors instructed by my insurance company to recover the money they paid for the repairs back in 2017.    I guess logically/morally my car was fixed and the money from the accident company is extra- although the car was marked by my insurance  as written off yet fixed!   do I need to pay them the sum they are asking or due to the time elapsed etc do I not.  The letter has made me so worried as threats of court action /costs    Thank you 
    • Includes eligibility, appeals, tax credits and Universal Credit View the full article
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Help with NPBS Charges/Closing of account.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3729 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ahoy there,

I have recently had problems with a fraud case on my account. I had a pending transaction on my account for over a month for £3.99, which I did not authorise. I was told by the bank that it was no longer due to come out, yet 2 weeks later it appeared on my account.

I was told by the area manager that I would have no problems accessing my money and all charges would be refunded as its fraud when I first enquired about the transaction.

I went to withdraw my money and found that they had applied a £23 charge and planned to apply another £15 for going overdrawn.

I spent nearly 2 hours with the branch manager arguing with him for the withdrawal of my money in the account, as he denied the area manager told me what he did, and said it didnt work like that. he was the most arrogant prick I have ever met and I no longer wanted to deal with NPBS due to him.

He eventually refunded the £23 charge so I could access my money, and promised the fraud investigation would go ahead.

It is now 2 weeks later, no fraud forms or contact has been made and I attempted to close the account, only to be told thta I could not as there was a "pending charge".

I gave my card back, cleared the account to 0 and told them as of today I consider the account closed.

However, they are going to charge me and it will rack up more charges as it goes overdrawn. What can I do about it?

Thanks