Captain Wesker

Help with NPBS Charges/Closing of account.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3684 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ahoy there,

I have recently had problems with a fraud case on my account. I had a pending transaction on my account for over a month for £3.99, which I did not authorise. I was told by the bank that it was no longer due to come out, yet 2 weeks later it appeared on my account.

I was told by the area manager that I would have no problems accessing my money and all charges would be refunded as its fraud when I first enquired about the transaction.

I went to withdraw my money and found that they had applied a £23 charge and planned to apply another £15 for going overdrawn.

I spent nearly 2 hours with the branch manager arguing with him for the withdrawal of my money in the account, as he denied the area manager told me what he did, and said it didnt work like that. he was the most arrogant prick I have ever met and I no longer wanted to deal with NPBS due to him.

He eventually refunded the £23 charge so I could access my money, and promised the fraud investigation would go ahead.

It is now 2 weeks later, no fraud forms or contact has been made and I attempted to close the account, only to be told thta I could not as there was a "pending charge".

I gave my card back, cleared the account to 0 and told them as of today I consider the account closed.

However, they are going to charge me and it will rack up more charges as it goes overdrawn. What can I do about it?

Thanks