Halifax Overdraft - I need some help !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has a Halifax account with an overdraft £1500.00

He has currently been out of work from Nov 2008 to March 2010, at that time he was unable to clear the above debt, and charges have been applied, current balance is £ 1944.99.

I wrote to the halifax to make an arrangement with them. I sent them our financail statement and an offer of £1.00 per month.

He recevied a letter back dated 16/04/2010, with there acceptance of this offer of £ 1.00 for the next 6 months. Which i have been paying by SO on the first of every month with out fail.

On 02/06/2010 he recevied a Default Notice, becasue he was in breach of the arrangement. ??? never missed a payment. I sent them another letter explaining that we rececievd there letter dated 16/04/2010 with the arrgement of £1.00 and that we have never missed a payment.

letter received 15/06/2010 to say that he was in breach of the terms & conditions of his agreement, and that this debt will be passed to a Debt Recovery Department.

30/06/2010 received letter from Albion Collection Ltd requesting that he pays £1,944.99 now.

Not sure what to do now, was going to send them our financail statement again with an offer of £1.00.

Please Help !:confused:

Unfortunately, the Halifax are not at all helpful as you've only got to read some of the threads on here with others facing similar difficulties.

Firstly, what was the date on the default notice to rectify the outstanding amount by, and secondly have they issued a termination of account?

With regard to the offer they accepted I would send an official letter of complaint to Halifax head the letter OFFICIAL COMPLAINT. Tell them you want to go through their complaints procedure.

I would tell them you are disappointed that they have gone back on their offer letter of.... enclose a copy ... I would also mention that when customers are in financial difficulties through such thing as redundances, they should adhere to the banking code which it would appear they have not.

Finish off by saying, should I not feel happy with the response you provide I will, of course, be making an official complaint to the FOS.

When they have given you their final response I would certainly make a complaint to the FOS as this does cost them £500 and nothing to you.

Copy Albion in on the letter so that they are aware of the dispute.

Good luck.

The date on the default notice was 02/06/2010 and they haven't issued a termination of account as yet.

As im not good in writing letters is there somewhere were i can get a template for this complaint letter please

The date on the default notice was 02/06/2010 and they haven't issued a termination of account as yet.

As im not good in writing letters is there somewhere were i can get a template for this complaint letter please

Edited by Moanie
Posted too many reply's

There are no templates for individual complaints as you will appreciate each complaint is different, also it is best to do your own wording rather than using templates. Just lay out the facts to them.