BankFodder BankFodder

tedney

natwest summons for joined overdraft and loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Are you sure that you still owe anything?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes, I am monitoring carefully, I will stop when all paid up, to my calculations! Thanks t

Previous narrative correction?

A sum added to correct a spurious erroneous entry on a statement.

Who would have thought it? - Partial Repayment Narrative Correction.

Why would the bank amend account entries to this from previous "Unscheduled Credit" marker for identical entries?

Oh not a bad guess then :)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

UPDATE

After another year, another letter from Solicitor, identical to the one sent last year BUT now states at the end

"Our client's instructions are to proceed with this case.

However before embarking on further litigation, could you please confirm if you want to make an offer, then we can take further instructions from our client"

Any thoughts please, especially considering no statements and regular payments made, see previous posts. Thanks t

I have one of these,

form N24 containing an order from the judge that the case the order applies to

"shall be case managed with (another claim, number provided on the form N24)

Does this order stand until changed by the court?

There is also another order issued by the court subsequent to the above, which mentions other matters, but not the case management issue.

Am I correct in thinking that the case must still be managed with the other case, as per the original order?

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks

t

i think so yes as you say the subsequent order doesn't change the prior order. but, without further info...

ps, check with the court, see what they say.

IMO

:-):rant:

Thanks for that, I am awaiting info from the court.

Meanwhile, this is on the same General Form of Judgment or Order verbatim:

" The counterclaim shall stand as a counterclaim that the disputed charges and interest thereon

should be declared unfair and required to be removed from the account

(i.e. a sum equivalent to the revised total shown on the Defendant's documents filed and served today,

being £xxxx.xx should be credited to the account.)

I assume that this order was also sent by the court to the Claimant's Solicitor (I am Defendant).

Does this mean that the Claimant should have credited the account, in accordance with this court order?

Thanks

t

not sure, seems maybe just stating that yr counterclaim remains as was counterclaimed (but is yet to be decided on given the 'other' claim to be managed with).

see what the court says

yes, it shld've been copied to the claimant as well.

maybe best get yr thread moved to 'legal issues' sub forum for any further input.

IMO

:-):rant:

The case management order seems self-explanatory, but difficult to say more without knowing the background (i.e. who applied for this order and why, what the other case is about).

The second order seems to just be saying what your counterclaim is about, but again difficult to know without the background ... it might help if you posted what you put in your Defence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The current postings are about my other half's claim.

Bank issued 2 claims,

one to me (which, although not particularised, was for 2 accounts)

and one to my other half for one of the accounts.

Both were defended and counterclaimed.

In addition to charges ( the reason for stays) both defences quoted lack of compliance by Bank to their codes of practice.

Order was issued by court, as far as I know not instigated by Claimant, as at the time pending outcome of OFT case.

After all this time, Bank's solicitor now writing,

- I raised issue with FOS as no responses from Bank!

Although I would have thought nothing to do with claim?

Sorry for complexities! Thanks t

Additional info: Both cases had hearing and court ruled as in above,

cases managed together.

Reason for first post was to ascertain that this means that if any action taken on one case,

does order mean has to be managed (Heard?) with other?

A case management hearing is to establish how to proceed with the case. It's hard to say what might happen, but as an example the judge might order both parties to produce certain documents by a certain date ready for a full hearing a couple of weeks later. S/he might want to establish if the case has any prospect of success.

When is the case management hearing and how much is being claimed and counterclaimed?

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes, it means that the cases are likely to be heard together. Similar cases can be joined together.

If there is a case management conference, that should cover how both cases should be run and will likely set a joint trial date. The presumption would probably be that the deadlines for each case should be the same, although there can also be different deadlines is there is a good reason for that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Further Update

I have been to-ing and fro-ing with solicitors with offer. Last wrote to solicitor almost over 2 months ago, and they responded after a month, seeking advice from their client. Since then nothing. What next? Sit tight and wait, or write back again?

Sit tight...well not too tight ..relax a little:-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, I know what you mean, I think!

for total reference

19 threads on these account merged together

please keep to one thread now

for any additional issues

so people can see the full history and advice given over time.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

OK, thanks for that dx.

A small point though, posts 33 to 45 on this thread now are not Nastywest, but Lloyds! Thanks t

all done

moved to a new thread for it

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?437825-REclaiming-from-Lloyds

as its SOOOO difficult to workout who you are talking about!!

took me 7hours to work all your threads out!

dx

Just wondered if my old (still on-going) thread to do with NW changing my overdraft account into a Managed Loan and sending to CMS Telford would fit into this revised merged thread and help others too?

Please advise if you think it suitable to merge?

Link:

icon1.pngHP Mum v Nat West & Shoosmiths - HELP

Edited by HP Mum
add link

simply post a link to it.

dx

Further Update

I have been to-ing and fro-ing with solicitors with offer. Last wrote to solicitor almost over 2 months ago, and they responded after a month, seeking advice from their client. Since then nothing. What next? Sit tight and wait, or write back again?

Anything happened since this?

What's Best for You?

No nothing from Nastywest, I am still waiting, nothing from solicitor as per my November post

Thanks. :)

What's Best for You?

FWIW still nothing!

Update!, well sort of!

Just found out today that Nastywest wrote to the court about two years ago, and asked them to "lift the stay".

Court evidently told them to make an application.

To this day, court has not received anything further!

This alleged correspondence was not shown on "Diary of Events" obtained with SAR, although previous "Solicitors instructed" was indicated, so third party correspondence was included when it suits the bank to show?

FWIW t