natwest summons for joined overdraft and loan

tedney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Personally I would leave it stayed Ted...longer its left harder it is to resurrect.

Regards

Andy

Hello Andy, thanks for that, I think I will leave it as is then:wink:

Regards

tedney

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tedney, I see you have posted that there has been some action on this. Did you receive a response to any CPR requests that you might have sent out ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Tedney, I see you have posted that there has been some action on this. Did you receive a response to any CPR requests that you might have sent out ?

Hello citizenB. I have not sent anything on this case since 2008! Like R B on his thread, now received threatogram/letter from solicitor inviting me to withdraw counterclaim The letter to me is citing Judge Andrew Smith descision of 24 April 2008 and OFT v Abbey National plc and others test case judgement of 25th November 2009. I will scan letter and post, if you think that would help.

These are overdraft charges then, yes ?

The OFT did indeed lose the Bank charges reclaim, so I am not quite sure how the counterclaim would stand up. I will ask andyorch to look in on you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

same advice as the RB thread..the claim is stayed as is the counter claim ...like two grenades ...which party will make the application to lift the stay and lift the clip...bang!!!!!

He could respond and state you withdraw yours and I will mine:razz:

I think the final sentence is "tongue in cheek" :)

BCOBS

I think the final sentence is "tongue in cheek" :)

Maybe TIC, but I think it may have some mileage in my case?

Original claim was not well particularised,

it was for a loan account and a separate overdraft on a current account, all lumped together in one sum.

It included PPI charges which, since the claim was issued have been refunded, along with interest.

Bank ignored my correspondence, then denied receiving any (all sent by recorded:wink:)

I was paying off monthly amounts both before and since the claim, without missing any payments.

Have letter from NW subsequent to claim, saying that all payments on the accounts should continue to be made!

Have not received any statements from NW for the current account since February 2009.

According to CRA reports, NW were (despite my monthly payments) adding around £70.00 odd monthly to this account

until the PPI on the other account was refunded.

My OH also had a claim issued against at the same time for the overdraught on the current account.

No LBA was sent before claim issued. This claim being heard together with mine.

I had a total of 5 NW accounts (cards and loan and bank) all of which were in arrears and NW only issued claims on 2?

I think I may have a case under BCOBS, but this has not been particularised on court documents up to now.

Is it possible to mention BCOBS now. Mention of NW Code of Practice has been made in defence/counterclaim.

I would welcome your further thoughts andyorch:-)

Let me give it some consideration Tedney...do you have an understanding of BCOBs ?

If they have only litigated on 2 of the 5 accounts and those 2 being stayed..you have time to consider the best way forward.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Here are the last two paras of the letter (verbatim) from Ascent:

"Accordingly, the bank believes the Court will conclude that your Defence and Counterclaim has no reasonable prospect of success.

We therefore invite you to write to the Court advising that you withdraw your Defence and Counterclaim.

If you do not agree to strike out your Defence and that Judgment be granted in the Bank's favour.

We reserve the right to request that you meet the Bank's costs of any application on the basis that

your refusal to withdraw your Defence and Counterclaim is unreasonable."

No mention of how PPI amount was included in claim, but now paid back.

If claim proceeds how would this be dealt with?

Let me give it some consideration Tedney...do you have an understanding of BCOBs ?

If they have only litigated on 2 of the 5 accounts and those 2 being stayed..you have time to consider the best way forward.

Regards

Andy

Just seen your post andyorch:-), after I posted #21.

OK, My understanding of BCOBS may be limited.

I was thinking of "treating clients fairly" which NW certainly, in my opnion, have not, by, amongst other things;

ignoring correspondence,

adding sums without providing statements,

pursuing claim which includes PPI repayment,

not pursuing other debt (which was substantially more that the claim which was brought:???: etc.?

So they haven't provided any statements for nearly 3 years . Have they been sending the "Notice of Sums in arrears" which they are obliged to send since 2008 !

BCOBS

So they haven't provided any statements for nearly 3 years . Have they been sending the "Notice of Sums in arrears" which they are obliged to send since 2008 !

Correct, nothing received on the current account overdraught. Statements for loan account received though, only know current account balances through looking at CRA files

Edited by tedney
typos

Just seen your post andyorch:-), after I posted #21. OK, My understanding of BCOBS may be limited. I was thinking of "treating clients fairly" which NW certainly, in my opnion, have not, by, amongst other things; ignoring correspondence, adding sums without providing statements, pursuing claim which includes PPI repayment, not pursuing other debt (which was substantially more that the claim which was brought:???: etc.?

Yes that's accepted and understood but they are silent at the moment...the problem we have Tedney is if you try to force your CC through using the above reasons then they may just fight back and also litigate on the other 3 accounts.

If the spot is not itchy ...don't scratch it ( I assume all accounts are all isolated now and you have alternative banking facilities?)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes that's accepted and understood but they are silent at the moment...the problem we have Tedney is if you try to force your CC through using the above reasons then they may just fight back and also litigate on the other 3 accounts.

If the spot is not itchy ...don't scratch it ( I assume all accounts are all isolated now and you have alternative banking facilities?)

Yes no credit cards and separate bank account. As you have said, and on rereading Ascent letter, no action taken at present, last directions from the court were "Any application to restore these proceedings either before or after the result of the test case is known, must be made on 14 days notice to the other party."

Should add that all NW accounts have monthly payments.

Hi Tedney,

I'm watching your posts as I'm sure you are mine.

You posted me two paragraphs from your Ascent Letter.......

Here's a copy of mine:

"Accordingly, the Bank believes the County Court will conclude that your Defence has no

reasonable prospect of success. We therefore invite you to write to the Court advising that

you withdraw your Defence.

If you do not agree to withdraw the Defence, as instructed we will make an application to

strike out your Defence and that Judgement be granted in the Bank's favour. We reserve the

right to request that you meet the Bank's costs of any application on the basis that your

refusal to withdraw your Defence is unreasonable."

Any similarities !!!!!!!

Talk soon.

R

• 6 months later...

Anyone know what "PR NARR CORR" means please:?:

This was entered on a bank personal loan statement,

under "Details" of an "Interbranch Payment".

Previous entries were described as "Unscheduled Credit":???:

Thanks t

if this is from an SAR

they should be including a glossary of all terms.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, but this was not from a SAR.

Was on annual statement of a defaulted loan account, all but three entries were "InterBranch Payment - Unscheduled Credit"

one entry was "Funds Transfer - Uncheduled Credit"

and two entries were "InterBranch Payment - PR NARR CORR"

All payments were made in an identical way to the bank.

Curious as to what PR etc. means and why entries changed.

Thanks t

who's the bank

anyone with an sar should be able to look it up for you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Previous narrative correction?

A sum added to correct a spuious erroneous entry on a statement.

Pure guess may be nonsense :)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Previous narrative correction?

THanks, Interesting possibility, but entries on the statement were against payment amounts which were made and correctly entered on the statement.

• 5 months later...

Hello

I received a court claim some while back (2008).

The claim was for a single amount not particularised, and, as far as I know,

was made up of an overdraft on a current account and a loan from the same bank.

The bank issued the claim.

The case was and still is stayed.

In the meantime, I have been repaid PPI from the bank,

which I am assuming was included as part of their claim,

and have been paying small regular seperate monthly payments to the bank against the loan and current accounts.

I have posted on here about this before, and am seeking help, advice and/or clarification on the legal aspects.

Since January 2009, I have not received any notice of any "Sums in Arrears" in respect of either the loan account

or the overdraft on the current account.

I have received annual statements for only the loan account, but not a "Sums in Arrears".

Am I correct in thinking that the combined balance, as stated on the claim, would be covered by the CCA 1974

however it would need its own agreement signed by me and the bank,

and as the claim combines two separate accounts,

then the bank would need to provide a signed agreement for all three elements,

each of the two original debts (overdraft and loan) and a third for the combined amount?

As I have paid off some of the amount of the claim, with payments direct to the bank,

and the bank has, in effect, reduced the amount owing on the loan, by their reimbursement of PPI charges,

the original claim amount is now not was is outstanding.

Would the original claim still stand up in court,

or would the bank have to apply to alter the claim?

Thanks

t

I have posted this elswhere on here, but in a section without too many views.

So I am repeating it here, hopeful of some feedback, thanks:

I received a court claim some while back (2008).

The claim was for a single amount not particularised, and, as far as I know, was made up of an overdraft on a current account

and a loan from the same bank.

The bank issued the claim.

The case was and still is stayed.

In the meantime, I have been repaid PPI from the bank, which I am assuming was included as part of their claim,

and have been paying small regular seperate monthly payments to the bank against the loan and current accounts.

I have posted on here about this before, and am seeking help, advice and/or clarification on the legal aspects.

Since January 2009, I have not received any notice of any "Sums in Arrears" in respect of either the loan account or the overdraft on the current account.

I have received annual statements for only the loan account, but not a "Sums in Arrears".

Am I correct in thinking that the combined balance, as stated on the claim, would be covered by the CCA 1974

however it would need its own agreement signed by me and the bank, and as the claim combines two separate accounts,

then the bank would need to provide a signed agreement for all three elements,

each of the two original debts (overdraft and loan) and a third for the combined amount?

As I have paid off some of the amount of the claim, with payments direct to the bank, and the bank has, in effect,

reduced the amount owing on the loan, by their reimbursement of PPI charges, the original claim amount is now not the outstanding balance.

Would the original claim still stand up in court, or would the bank have to apply to alter the claim?

Thanks

t

They'd have to alter the claim, and after all this time would be hard pressed to pursue the claim, particularly as you've been making payments.

• Confused 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.