Another PCN questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this repeats others on here - I trawled a bit but couldn't find anything specifically similar.

I pay £95/year for a residents parking permit in Wandsworth borough. The road outside also has a couple of extra bays for pay & display. Unfortunately my car was accidentally parked in a bay rather than elsewhere on the road. I took it out yesterday and found 3 PCNs on it - one each day for the last 3 days (total £90 if paid now, £180 if after 14 days).

Firstly, I know that as much as I may wish people would allow a bit of grace since I obviously intended to park where my permit covered (the road has plenty of empty space ), I accept my car was in the wrong place.

My questions are though;

1. Is there any chance they would allow some grace since it is not as if I am trying to avoid paying to park, given I pay for a permit.

2. Two of the PCNs say it is contravention '24, not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space'. I guess this is a tenuous argument for me, as not being in the wrong bay means I am arguably outside of where I should have been.

3. It is correct that there have been 3 contraventions or should it be considered 1 continuous one.

4. If I do dispute this, will I forfeit the early payment discount as it is likely to run beyond 14 days?

Advice would be appreciated - even if it is just to say they are all money-grabbing and I just have to suck it up. :-|

Thanks

Nope. Correctly within the bay, just it was one too far along and so my resident's permit was invalid.

From what I understand though, they could just reissue the PCN with a different code on it, so arguing on that is fairly weak?

Thanks

ah, ok. Thanks that's helpful. So they couldn't argue that by being in the wrong bay I was 'not correctly parked within the markings of the bay'?

That covers two of the three penalties so that would be great!