Help10

Easyjet Booking Fiasco

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3679 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Tried booking flight to Turkey with EasyJet on Saturday morning at 00:30. When I got to the payment screen I entered all my card details and attempted to process the payment. The next screen that appeared said that I was unsuccessful in my attempt to make the booking as there was an error with my card. I went back and tried again. Still no luck. So I left the website and went to bed.

Later on Saturday I checked my emails and to my surprise I had a confirmation email from EasyJet for flights to Turkey. However the dates are not those I chose and the price was not the one I had been quoted. They charged my card without me fully authorising the payment - I usually get brought to my banks secure payment website to fill out password before any payment is charged.

I rang EasyJet this morning and was told that as I had tried to authorise the payment they were entitled to charge my card. As I was ringing outside the immediate 24hours after booking period - never heard of this in my life - they could not change or cancel my flights without charging a fee.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

Depends how much the fee is.

If I were in your shoes, I'd pay the cancellation fee and rebook the flights I actually wanted.

Then I'd ask them in writing for my cancellation fee back.