Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thank you all for your replies  I am obviuously over thinking things best to continue to ignore  onlymeagain  
    • As advised statute barred debts are dead...if your alive or dead......so are CCJs that are over  6 years old and have never been executed or secured against property by way of a charging order.......no matter how much your estate is worth.
    • I booked several rooms with FABHOTELS.COM - I have made sure the rooms were cancel able and due to the condition in India regarding Covid becoming very bad I cancelled the rooms and my visit to India and will not be travelling for the foreseeable future, I then checked my account and they have stated there can be no refund back to my card but I have to accept their room credits to the value of £478 valid for 12 months when they will then expire if I do not use them by that date, I have contacted them on several telephone numbers and via email, they have refused to issue a refund : stating it is their policy to issue only rooms credits and these will expire in 12 months, they have advised they have the right to do this under the contract and under Indian law, I have raised a SEC 75 claim, via the credit card company however they have not advised what the above means and stated it will take 11 weeks for a response, I am concerned that a refund has been provided and the cancellation has been approved as such as a refundable cancellation, albeit they have stated no refund to the credit card can be made. I have sent the following to them and their response has been - we are unable to assist further - I have now concern how they can do this when the law does not allow this to be possible? The issue that I have experienced was: Disgraceful behaviour by Fab hotels in holding cancelled bookings in an expiring account when cancelled fully - NO REFUND ISSUED? Please can you refund the full amount to my credit card as due to the Covid restrictions there is no guarantee I will be in India in next twenty four months I await your refund back to my with the Credit card Company as I am not able to use the Credits expiring in 12 Months, I have been in touch with the credit card Company and they have confirmed they will be looking to FabHotels to refund back to the Original card as part of the Sec 75 Laws where a cancellation has been made and the payment has to be refunded back to the Original payment card. I have not been able to confirm I will be using the credits and therefore in order to safeguard my funds these needs to be back into my, If this is not accepted then I reserve the right to take the matter further for a investigation and chargeback as I have not authorised the payment and the reservations have been cancelled. Please can this be escalated to a senior manager and a refund issued back to the Visa card. If this is the Customer experience I have to endure then I will make it quite clear that this i not acceptable that you take money and put it into a expiring account and then ask me to contact you to get the extension, this is not customer service, I am deeply distressed by your action as there are no other Booking agents who are doing this to their customers, especially considering the hotels have been accepted as cancelled and a refund issued but held in expiring account.
    • That's logical and correct DX,  and how I understood it to work if they can't pursue the debtor  for the debt whilst they are alive, it can't be resurrected and charged against the estate or demanded personally from executors who knew diddly about that SB debt..
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3685 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



I am new so dont know whether in right place


I had windows and Doors fitted by a company called St Helens glass in 2006

Approx 2mths after fitting our windows the company went into administration these were paid for by Finance from a company called GE money


We Had issues with the work that has been done and In the end ge money said as we had the debt with them they would come and look at the problems which they did,


In the 11mths our circumstances changed and we have not paid Ge Money as been unable to They Have straight away passed us to a company Called Link Financial who wrote to us and said if we didnt pay within 12days they were going to court, tried contacting them no answer then receieved the Court Letters through to which we called again this time they answered and again wanted the whole amount, then issued a ccj against us we rang them again and they said they wanted Income Expenditures form so Filled it out sent it them Had no answer from them. Received another letter stating they have applied to the court for a charge to be put against the House, So rang them again told them sent the form put me on hold and when they came back Said we have received that but want more than what you have offered, I managed what I could afford so said i didnt think at present i can offer anything else she then said well we want 9000 to clear the debt, And when said couldnt do that she said they are going for the charge


1st What does it mean a charge against Hse

2nd Shouldnt they have writted to tell me I had not offered enought before going for the Charge


and 3rd Should we even be paying it considering the firm went bust that had the money and really when you think who guarentees the work that was done as The patio door is unsafe windows Shabby etc


Any help really appreciated

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

stop talking to these fleecing muppets on the phone!!


have you HAD the court papers [the official ones] not fake threats?



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
stop talking to these fleecing muppets on the phone!!


have you HAD the court papers [the official ones] not fake threats?





Yes Had the First lot that issued a CCJ Only rang em as got the letter about the charge being applied to my hse and i didnt know what to do

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Did you not get a Network Veka Guarantee from the original company? This ensures that even if a co goes out of business the work, if faulty, will be corrected by another member company.

I'd check your paperwork just in case.

If a charge is applied to the house it means that in the event of you selling the house the loan company gets the money owed from the sale.

It doesn't mean that you have to sell the house to pay it.

However, if you do not keep to the agreed repayments ultimately they can apply to the court for an order to force the sale. The courts are usually reluctant to allow this, but you need to be very careful how you handle your current situation.

I think you need urgent help on this and should make an appointment with Citizens Advice, or get a free initial appointment with a Solicitor.

I think you need to apply to the Court for a variation order to set payments at a level you can afford, then stick to them.It's important not to miss any.

As DX says, don't talk to them on the phone. They are being very aggressive in the way they are handling this debt. I would also complain to Trading Standards and ask for advice.

A copy of the Form required to vary payments is here: http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n245_0204.pdf


Id ring the court for advice.

Wait for more help and advice from DX too.


Elsa x



Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:


All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you certain that a CCJ has been obtained, have you had notification from the Court.


What was said in regard to payment of this debt? I believe that so long as you keep up the ordered payments, then it should not progress to a Charging Order.


It is important to seek help as Elsa says as soon as possible. We can offer advice, but you need to move quickly.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


You need to get some legal advice ASAP. If you phone Community Legal, they may be able to help with this.


Community Legal Advice - free legal advice for residents of England and Wales, paid for by legal aid


Did GE Money resolve the problems you had with the work completed by St Helens Glass ?


A solicitor may be able to pursue this for you i.e. get the CCJ set aside and the whole issue looking at again.


If you google St Helens glass, they featured on Watchdog, as they left loads of customers with problems.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...