blinky123

Peugeot 206 squeaky clutch

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3686 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there everyone just after some advice really,

My mums just recently bought an 03 reg Peugeot 206. It's a 1.6 GLX, she bought it a week ago from a second hand car dealership. It's done 53K. It's really nice and drives very well, there are just a couple of niggling issues I have that I would like some advice on if possible.

The first thing is the clutch. When you initially start the car, the first 7 or 8 times the clutch pedal is pressed then brought up, when releasing the clutch the car makes a squeaking noise? Depressing the clutch is fine, it's just when you bring your foot up, then it stops once the cars warmed up and you've done it a few times. I've heard a lot of bad things about Peugeot clutches and just worried that it's about to go! I've driven the car and the clutch feels fine, the bite point is not too high, just this strange noise...You can't hear it from inside the car, only if you have the windows open.

The other thing is not worrying me so much, it's just a clunking sound that you can hear inside the car when going over bumps, could be anything I know! I think it's usually when going over bumps but I'm worried it's related to the clutch problem.

Mainly just wondering, I know warranties from garages aren't usually worth the paper they're written on, but would it be worth getting this looked at under the warranty?

We have had the car almost a week, my mum said she didn't notice the squeaking sound when test driving the car (because she didn't have the windows open) and the clunking sound didn't register with her either.

If you've read some of my other posts, you will realize me and my mum don't usually have much luck with cars so please be kind but brutally honest!

blinky :)

I would just like to add, my mum loves the car and these problems are not affecting the performance of the car, we would like to fix the problems, if indeed they are major problems rather than just being quirky things one can learn to live with, if possible rather than rejecting the car.

Many thanks in advance