Excel Parking Charge Notice Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

just need some advice as soon as possible, i was parking on a free car park in burnley, i didnt realise it was only for up to an hour (it probably is on a sign somewhere), i arrived on the car park at 11:05am, and i came back to my car at 12:30pm, i sat in my car, started the engine, then this guy came over and said 'sorry too late', and handed the notice over to me. I did consider not taking it but i did. The charge is £100 within 14 days, or £60 within 7 days. Im on my 3rd day and i dont know whether to pay it as it is so much money but i dont want to end up in court or anything, i dont know if there are cameras on there & he said he took photos but i couldnt see a camera with him just a pad of paper with my reg written down. can anyone help??

Read the numerous threads here and elsewhere.

Ignore this slip of paper and all those which follow regardless of whether from a "debt collector" or "solicitor".

Only a court can fine you, the figures they are asking for are illegal penalty charges.

OP does not mention whether it was a private car park or a council owned car park as Excel could be working on behalf of the council although unlikely. . We will need to know this before offering advice.

only the police and a council trafic warden can give you a penalty charge notice, if its a parking charge notice then its of a [problem] parking company.

if its the first ,a penalty then you can appeal as long as you think you have grounds to do so, if its the second, a parking charge then its a [problem].

the truth is if its a [problem] to make easy money for doing very little. so just ignore it and the junk mail you get.

If it is not a PCN(Penalty Charge Notice) or TMA (Traffic Management Act) it must be a private company, therefore they only have an implied contract, do not have to pay them as I understand from a query I made.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Well it doesnt have anything on there at all that implies it isnt private, so ill just go ahead and ignore, but it does say on it that they can contact dvla and get your name and address etc which is (im presuming) how they get hold of your address and send letters? So just to clarify, even though on the 'parking charge notice' (which is what it is), it says 'if payment is not received within 14 days of the notice issue date you will be liable for an ADDITIONAL £40.00 CHARGE plus any costs incurred through debt recovery and/or court enforcement.' could i actually be taken to court etc?? Or could anyone actually come to my house???

i take it that is was issued by EXCEL , if not who issued it ,

if its not a true council one , then kimmy its a [problem]

read the many posts on how they work it

no one is comming to your door , as for getting info from DVLA , all these [problematic] do it , that how they can write to the reg keeper

there are a number of posts about MacDonalds and the met parking [problem] , and links to the vid from Watchdog explaing what you do with their stupid invoices ( the barrister actually made a paper plane from it and fired it across the studio live on watchdog )

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

if its a ,, parking charge notice,,,take advice already posted,,,ignore,,,can they take you to court,,suppose they could but they wont,because they will lose(google minster baywatch) see what happened there,,absolutely nothing can be done to you it is an invoice not fine,,,, ignore ignore,, be prepared for lots more letters,, but again,,,ignore,, dont lose any sleep over **** like this,,now go and google,,,bondy.

yeh its excel, aw thanks to everyone for helping, i did read about excel in other posts but i wasnt sure how to deal with mine as i took the notice form the guy who gave it to me there and then! 2 more quick questions if anyone knows, shall i bother writing back and say if they keep writing i will inform the police for harrassment? I read this in another post, and also if i go to court do i just deny, deny and deny!!??

yeh its excel, aw thanks to everyone for helping, i did read about excel in other posts but i wasnt sure how to deal with mine as i took the notice form the guy who gave it to me there and then! 2 more quick questions if anyone knows, shall i bother writing back and say if they keep writing i will inform the police for harrassment?

Nope. No contact whatsoever is the only way to go

I read this in another post, and also if i go to court do i just deny, deny and deny!!??

If you were the driver, never deny it to a court. However, unless you are really lucky and are used to winning the lottery several weeks in a row, your chances of being taken to court are slightly worse than your lottery odds. :)

kimmy,, ignorecompletely,, i am now on roxburghe debt collectors letter threatening everything but execution by firing squad,,next will be a letter from their soilicitors the infamous graham white,, all the same **** merchant sending out these letters to frighten you,,,guess what,,,ignore,, do not contact them,, they dont know if their letters are getting through, do not fall into the trap by contacting them in any way.have you seen the watchdog clip yet,, where the barrister makes a paper plane out of the fine/invoice,,if you do by any chance ignore advice to ignore,,they will hound you for an awful lot longer than if you,,,,,ignore,,,come on now kimmy,,as i say i am a newbie but the advice on here is top drawer,,,please relax nothing will happen,,,,,,if you ignoreand do not contact,,,bondy.

there you go the whole [problem] explained by cirian for you

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html