Nationwide Data Protection Team

martinwhite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm chasing the bank statements in conjunction with my sister (her charges), they said it was sent to her recorded delivery but then returned by Royal mail. They have until Tuesday to comply and i am now thinking they are messing us about. I'll be using this number tomorrow.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of the Nationwide Data Protection Team, I originally requested copies of 6 years statements back in November using their own website e-mail facility. After several letters, I got an acknowledgent 4 weeks later asking me for the £ 10 fee which I sent immediately. Only last week I got another letter asking me for my signature. They are taking the p*ss, so I have downloaded a complaint form from the Data Protection Act and if the statements don't come by next week, I am launching a DP complaint as well as taking them to court for over £ 3,000 in fees/charges. If they think anyone is going to give up, they've got another thing coming!

• 1 month later...

Hi i have my own seperate case with BOS but was looking here for info for my partner who is with nationwide. He phoned them yesterday asking for statements and they fobbed him off with ... oh theres a problem we cant verify your address... so he said .. eh wait a minuite ive been here for 4 years receiving my statements no problem.

Nevertheless they asked him to come into branch to 'verify' his address after me saying they were 'at it'.

So today he came back saying the nationwide woman said they would charge him £5 PER STATEMENT coming to a total of £190! He protested that surely it doesnt cost that much to print off a few statements... but they were adament.

So i was on here rooting around to see if anyone else had such problems?

I think they are taking the p**S myself.

** BOS claim 1 filed 5th Feb - awaiting outcome**

Hi i have my own seperate case with BOS but was looking here for info for my partner who is with nationwide. He phoned them yesterday asking for statements and they fobbed him off with ... oh theres a problem we cant verify your address... so he said .. eh wait a minuite ive been here for 4 years receiving my statements no problem.

Nevertheless they asked him to come into branch to 'verify' his address after me saying they were 'at it'.

So today he came back saying the nationwide woman said they would charge him £5 PER STATEMENT coming to a total of £190! He protested that surely it doesnt cost that much to print off a few statements... but they were adament.

from what i have read you need to send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter which is requesting your statements using the data protection act. The letter can be found in the templates section which is generic for all claims the max charge they can impose doing it this was is £10.

Twincarb

Nationwide account: requested statements...

Morgan Stanley account: requested statements

I'm glad Nationwide are exposed here for what they are, ie worst sharks in the pack and not what they want us to believe, ie a 'friendly' building society. I'd say expect the unexpected from them. I can't go into details, as I have an outstanding County Court Claim against them for over 4 grand (inc. interest and costs) but I will tell once it's settled. In the meantime, go to the DPA website and download a complaint form for not complying to a S.A.R. request within 40 days and let things nicely take their course. The Data Information Commissioner's Office knows all about their tricks plus they have just had a fine of nearly £ 1 m for the loss of the laptop with details of 000's of customer id's.

BTW, don't fall for the £ 5 per page trick (they try that one first). As a previous poster mentioned, just send them a letter with the heading S.A.R. (Subject access request) asking for 6 yrs statements. They'll write back a few weeks/months later asking for £ 10. It's all to do with buying time-don't let them! The more complaints they get, the faster they'll have to act in future. otherwise another fine will do nicely, thank you.

Data Protection Team,

Nationwide Building Society

Kings Park road,

Moulton Park

Northampton NN3 6NW

Tel 01604 855060

Fax 01604 854933

Just tried to contact the DP team helpline on the above number and a voice message says they are unable to answer calls personally due to the volume of calls recieving:cry: .

I just wanted to chase them up regarding the SAR? Will look in other topics on here to see if I can get alternative number.

They NEVER answer or ring you back. Maybe they don't want to further incriminate themselves. I'd scribble on their letters and send them back with comments (mainly bad). Then they reply to you in writing (madness!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people......

sent my first letter off last week for my statements......!!

i just have a question about accounts being closed, i have my morgage with nationwide too, do you think they will close that too?...... i'm not worried about the bank account as i already have an account at natwest.....

thanks

Nick

Just all bear in mind that even with a SAR, they are not obligated to send you statements. They ARE obligated to send you details of transactions and charges and they may CHOOSE to do this by supplying statements, but equally, they are entitled to send you just a list, or schedule of transactions & charges. If you read the SAR letter from the templates library, that is exactly what it says.

Hi, I am hoping somebody can give me some advice here please. I sent my cheque off to Nationwide credit card which was cashed on 22 Jan along with my data protection letter for my credit card statements. The 40 days expired and still no statements so I sent the template letter saying I would start court action against them if I did not recieve my statements in the next 7 days. They have ignored this letter too and it is now 10 days since they would have recieved this letter and still no statements. Can I estimate my credit card charges and start the process, seeing as they won't send me my statements! Or do I need to wait and keep writing until they do send them?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

SPK

It seems that virtually nobody so far that asked a SAR from Nationwide got their reply within the 40 days. In my case they blamed the post for not delivering the large parcel with the statements! Anyway, I got all my money from them in the end AND made a complaint to the DPA. Hopefully it will help anyone in the future so that they can get theirs within the 40-day limit.

Also in reply to a previous poster, Nationwide (as well as A & L) are NOT closing accounts any more (after A & L were fined and reprimanded by the FSA for doing exactly that), I only got a letter reminding me to keep my account in order!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just this minute got off the phone from Nationwide dpa team. I thought I would ring them to remind them they only had until 20/4/07 to send my copies of charges through considering they cashed the cheque on 23 rd march.

The very nice lady told me that there was a problem with my address and that they had "had post returned" so my address was showing as untraceable or something.

I said to them that I have been receiving post from them in the form of threat letters and that I have been at this address since I opened the accounts!

Wonder if I should give them another week or not as she said that they would not send the fpa request to my home address but that I will have to go into the branch to collect them and they will write to me once they are in!!

Hi - dont know if this is the correct place to ask but here goes - my daughter is about to try and start claiming from nationwide for an account opened in about 1997 and closed in 2000 (she was a nightmare with finances) anyway to enable her to get a bank account i opened a joint account with her in the nationwide - question is if nationwide are closing accounts when people start claims, are they likely to close our joint account even though the original account that she is claiming for was closed years ago. HELP please before i decide to let her go ahead and start claiming.

Nationwide (and A & L) no longer close accounts of claimants. They have been fined hundreds of pounds by the Fin. Obudsman and have been warned not to do it again. So do go ahead, but 1997-2000? Isn't it normally that you can claim charges up to 6 years ?

Hi

I recieved my Nationwide account statements on the 50th day after requesting them, they were sent to a local branch for me to collect, and arrived about a week after I got a letter saying they were there for me. My credit card statements have still not arrived I requested them on 21st February, and called them on the 13th April to say I had not yet recieved them, Janet Holden of Nationwide Data Protection Team said they were being sent that day (funnily enough) I got a letter the next day to say that yet again they would be sent to the branch for me to collect. I went in last Friday 18th April and was told that they weren't there for me and the manager assumes they were sent with my account statements. I am getting really fed up with the stalling tactics and can understand why people give up with making a claim at an early stage. I am about to ring them again now and will make a complaint against them also, I think 93 days is just pushing their luck a little too far.

Nationwide Bank Account subject access request

21st Feb 07, statements received 13th April 2007

Nationwide Credit Card SAR sent 21st Feb 07 .. Still not received :-x

Im going mad its 67 days, I was already in May for some reason, anyway its still too damn long to wait, and I can't get through on the phone, I bet the Data protection team are pulling their hair out.

Nationwide Bank Account subject access request

21st Feb 07, statements received 13th April 2007

Nationwide Credit Card SAR sent 21st Feb 07 .. Still not received :-x

I've had letters from two people in the Northampton Data Protection team - Andrea Treeby was first and then Vanessa Cowles took over.

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=purple]Moorcroft DCA - CCA Requests (x2) sent 06/01/2007, 1 x CCA supplied and payments being made, one account passed back to Royal Bank of Scotland. Regal Credit demanded immediate payment in Nov 07, sent away with a flea in their ear as RBS is in breach of CCA.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=magenta][COLOR=seagreen]Anonymous postcard from FCM Jan 08 can only be connected to this RBS farce![/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Meritforce reported to TS, ICO, FOS and Ofcom April 07 for harassment and breaches of Data Protection Act over a debt that was paid more than a year ago! dec 07 ICO finally agree that DPA was breached but say that the law does not allow them to take any action![/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Roxburghe DCA - CCA Request sent 06/01/2007, Unable to comply letter received 14/01/07.[/COLOR]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks