i need help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can some one help me with my problem i got a ford galaxy on finace for my taxi bussniess i got it on 27000 on 34000 the full bottom end of the engine needed replaceing so ford did that under warranty then i get the car back then the turbo go on it so i take it back to ford and thay fix the problem now at this stage i ring up the firm were i bought the car off and tell them you have sold me faulty good and that im taking them to court so i did that and i winded up there firm and thay declared them self bankrupd now the car is back at ford with cluch problem and engine problem and thay are saying i need a full new engine now how can this be when the full bottom end got replaced on 34000 the car has only done 70000 so how can this be my finace conpany have looked into this and have said that i have to still pay my finace now how can i pay my finace when i used this car for my work and now i have no income comeing in and me and my wife are so stressed i have all the paper work and court paper for all the problem with this car as there is a lot more problems with this car if any one out there can give me some help i would be gratfull as i dont want to be black listed as i dont no were to turn to fight the finace company and i carnt afford to take them to court as it cost me alot last time and the firm went bust and now i dont no what to do

Hello and Welcome, jonw.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello Jon,

Bit of an unusual post as there are many implications and I realise your predicament. I generally try to advise on engineering aspects and the way a manufactuer would respond however there are people here who are well up on the legal side of things so hopefully they will chip in as well.

Your post says that you bought the car at 27000 miles and at 34000 it went pop. You took it to Ford who replaced the bottom engine, essentially a short engine under warranty. Then the turbo went pop and Ford replaced it under warranty.

At this point you tried to reject the vehicle as being faulty and took the supplier to court and you petitioned for a winding up order. Company declared bankruptcy.

Now you have an issue with the clutch and engine and Ford are saying a new engine and clutch is required.

You still want to back the vehicle and the finance company are saying something but have advised you must keep up the payments but can't as you need the vehicle to generate the money to pay for it.

If the above is correct then you could have major problems here.

Firstly, was the original supplying dealer to you an official Ford Dealer?

Secondly, has the car been serviced on time and with parts that meet Fords original specification? By this I mean has it been serviced within 1 or 2000 miles of the schedule.

Thirdly, are Ford currently repairing this under warranty?

You need to be very careful with your actions here as Ford would be within their rights to withdraw the warranty as the vehicle is not designed for commecial use such as a taxi and is being operated outside of that which it was designed for.

Further, your chances of backing the car at this mileage with the finance co are, I would argue, virtually nil.

I'd concentrate on getting it fixed under warranty if they will do it.

• Haha 1

hi thanks for your post heliosuk the car was serviced every 12000 miles by my private garge and now i have no warranty as its run out and i carnt make any money as i was useing the car as a taxi i got the car from a taxi dealer called fowler motors in newcastle upon lyne so were in the midlands

OK Jon so we know where we are with the situation. Personally and frankly I don't think you have any legal redress on anyone however we need to get you back on the road asap.

What I would suggest you do is learn how to fend off the finance co by asking the question that you have with regards that you are temporarily unable to pay until it gets fixed.

There is rather an excellant section about finance co's on this site so would pose the question there.

Where is the car at the moment?

hi heliosuk the car is out side on ford jenning yard i dumped it there and tolt them to keep the car as im not paying for a engine can i ask you you are saying i have not got a chance but can i not fight the fact that the car has only done 70000 mile and it should not be doing this can i not fight on them ground i mean the cars an 07 reg and it all ready had full bottom end replaced and now it needs a full new engine now to me some thing is not right there iv only had the car 2 year if you can try to find away so i can beat the finace this car has give me and my wife stress and we are not getting on as good as we should im hoping to sell my motor bike so i can get back on the road.once again thank for your advise

It's a bit difficult as the car is outside of the warranty parameters ordinarily given in that I think you'll find buried in the small print exceptions where vehicles are used for private/taxi hire.

However, the manufactuer does have avenues for these situations that the dealer will be aware of. It's termed goodwill and the dealer should be doing this as a matter of course for you. You will need to provide evidence in terms of receipts, that parts used were either the genuine article or of equivalent quality and that the oil used was the correct one that met their specifications (most good quality ones do) when it was serviced. As regards the finance you need to speak to them to see what their take on it is.

Which engine size is it?