Unsure what to do next

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We don't now whether we should try find a no win no fee solicitor or just wait.

Any input and/or advice would be fantastic!

My partner is having some very stressful problems at work, l apologise if this does not seem to make much sense, were very confused too!

My partner works as a site operative for a company on our local docks, for the past 3 years he has been driving heavy machinery on privately owned land whilst holding a provisional license. A few weeks ago he was handed a letter stating that a meeting was being held a few days later, the company had just realised he held only a provisional license and they had been told by their insurance company that a full driving license was now needed, my partner was suspended from driving until they discussed his future with the company at the meeting.

My partner went into the meeting alone as none of his workmates would go with him, heavy redundancy's and 'laying off' scared them into thinking that their involvement could cost them their jobs too.

At the meeting my partner was told that although he hadn't done anything wrong as he had taken his license in every time he was asked to have a copy sent to the insurance company they were not going to allow him to work there any longer unless he could get a full license, in effect if he didn't have a full license or show proof that we was taking driving lessons then they would have no choice than to terminate employment. Of course my partner was scared as we have a large family and bills to pay, he agreed to begin driving lesson, he was told he had to pay for them out of his own pocket. At the time of the meeting minutes were taken by his employer, his shift manager also in the room. The minutes he saw merely stated that the company took full blame as did the insurance company for just realising my partner only had a provisional license, also added was that driving lessons would be taken even though my partner had stated that this would be difficult as he couldn't really afford to pay for the lessons and his tests but would do his best so he could keep his job.

My partner luckily was able to begin lessons the next week. A further meeting that was being held the next week, this being a meeting where my partner could state he was taking lessons and would pass his test a.s.a.p.

My partner then told his boss the next day that driving lessons would start the next Friday evening, his boss was really pleased and asked my partner to ask the instructor for a rough idea of how long it would take before a full license would be in order!

A few days later the 'minutes' were sent to us, my partner wasn't asked to sign anything, no signatures were on these minutes at all, but the minutes had been added too and there are a few things added that my partner didn't even say. Apparently my partner agreed to taking a 'couple' of driving lessons' and that he would then take his driving test! The fact that lessons would cause financial difficulty were there, so was the 'if a full license wasn't obtained in a reasonable amount of time then employment would be terminated' Then came the 'reasonable amount of time'......8 weeks!

My partner was furious, he had taken lessons many years ago but lots had changed since then, he stopped the lessons due to illness some 8 years ago.

My partner rang the driving instructor who said it was impossible for him to even say he would be ready for the theory test in 8 weeks, it was impossible to say how many lessons my partner would need as he hadn't even had a driving assessment test yet and to date it was taking a minimum of 6 weeks waiting for just a theory test date to be given once applied for.

At the next meeting my partner told what he had been told by his instructor, his boss more or less said tough, he wouldn't give an extension but my partner had 2 options, 1. He walks! 2. He would be suspended for 6 months with 4 weeks pay, this way he would pass his test by then...and the 4 weeks pay would pay for his lessons!!! My partner refused both options and demanded a disciplinary hearing, his boss asked what did he hope to get out of this a tribunal, my partner said he did not know, the boss then shouted 'so you think you will get more money out of this that way, my partner said he couldn't positively answer that either as he didn't honestly know. His boss said you know you would end up getting sacked at a disciplinary hearing, my partner answered, yes, but at least my family would have some form of income via benefits and my home would be safe (Mortgage ppi).

My partner was then asked to leave the office and return in a hour in which he was suppose to decide what he wanted to do (he rang me very upset is what he did) after being called back his boss said he had been in touch with the company solicitors to see what if any solution could be found, he said there would be no benefits if my partner walked (which he wouldn't do anyway) and the suspension wouldn't work either. There were then another 2 options, his boss would get in touch with the insurance to see if they could work things out, or 2. My partner would be seen financially 'alright'. My partner said he would leave the ball in his bosses court so to speak and see him in yet another meeting next week!

We then received another letter....all of a sudden the insurance company who refused to insure my partner for driving an unregistered machine on private property were suddenly extending the insurance he wasn't able to be covered by by an extra 2 months! He could drive the machinery for the next 2 months with no worries but come 31st august they would hold a review, but if my partner had a full license by then, then they wouldn't review.....if no license by 31st August then employment would be terminated, and disciplinary action taken.

To be honest, we just think they want my partner out!, they refused him redundancy when most of the other staff were given theirs, but in the last 2 weeks they have made his life a misery, they constantly nag him as to if he has put in for his test yet (he is due lesson number 4 on Sunday morning!) my partner says no and the constant stress he is put under is making it hard for him to concentrate, he constantly feels ill now and is at the doctors next week as lm worried about him, he is severely depressed, isn't sleeping and he spends hours at the computer going over and over mock theory tests. He then becomes very upset if he cannot remember answers or gets below the average or pass mark. My partners company are very short staffed and the next 7 weeks are going to be very busy, the work needed to be done would never be finished in time if there was no site operative driving machinery (ie my partner!) also when a ship is in dock my partner is always on the night shift (extra pay is very helpful obviously so he is always offered the night shift without fail as only him and another worker will work the full night shift) he had been denied the night shift this time round with no explanation.

We have since been told that no full license is needed to drive the machinery he does on a private road, the friend who told us this even demanded we contact DVLA who would prove what he said is right. We have so we can print out the reply to keep with all the other paperwork we have as my partner feels this will go to tribunal, his boss is being very unfair, even my partners very scattered contract of employment states nothing about the licenses needed to drive on private roads.

My partner is working out his time left until 31st August, but were unsure what to do then, we have been to the law centre for advice but they are not really sure what to do except start disciplinary action for unfair dismissal once my partner is sacked, and they stated he shouldn't agree to anything but the sack as in all reality he really has done nothing wrong.

We don't now whether we should try find a no win no fee solicitor or just wait.

Any input and/or advice would be fantastic!

My partner is having some very stressful problems at work, l apologise if this does not seem to make much sense, were very confused too!

My partner works as a site operative for a company on our local docks, for the past 3 years he has been driving heavy machinery on privately owned land whilst holding a provisional license. A few weeks ago he was handed a letter stating that a meeting was being held a few days later, the company had just realised he held only a provisional license and they had been told by their insurance company that a full driving license was now needed, my partner was suspended from driving until they discussed his future with the company at the meeting.

My partner went into the meeting alone as none of his workmates would go with him, heavy redundancy's and 'laying off' scared them into thinking that their involvement could cost them their jobs too.

At the meeting my partner was told that although he hadn't done anything wrong as he had taken his license in every time he was asked to have a copy sent to the insurance company they were not going to allow him to work there any longer unless he could get a full license, in effect if he didn't have a full license or show proof that we was taking driving lessons then they would have no choice than to terminate employment. Of course my partner was scared as we have a large family and bills to pay, he agreed to begin driving lesson, he was told he had to pay for them out of his own pocket. At the time of the meeting minutes were taken by his employer, his shift manager also in the room. The minutes he saw merely stated that the company took full blame as did the insurance company for just realising my partner only had a provisional license, also added was that driving lessons would be taken even though my partner had stated that this would be difficult as he couldn't really afford to pay for the lessons and his tests but would do his best so he could keep his job.

My partner luckily was able to begin lessons the next week. A further meeting that was being held the next week, this being a meeting where my partner could state he was taking lessons and would pass his test a.s.a.p.

My partner then told his boss the next day that driving lessons would start the next Friday evening, his boss was really pleased and asked my partner to ask the instructor for a rough idea of how long it would take before a full license would be in order!

A few days later the 'minutes' were sent to us, my partner wasn't asked to sign anything, no signatures were on these minutes at all, but the minutes had been added too and there are a few things added that my partner didn't even say. Apparently my partner agreed to taking a 'couple' of driving lessons' and that he would then take his driving test! The fact that lessons would cause financial difficulty were there, so was the 'if a full license wasn't obtained in a reasonable amount of time then employment would be terminated' Then came the 'reasonable amount of time'......8 weeks!

My partner was furious, he had taken lessons many years ago but lots had changed since then, he stopped the lessons due to illness some 8 years ago.

My partner rang the driving instructor who said it was impossible for him to even say he would be ready for the theory test in 8 weeks, it was impossible to say how many lessons my partner would need as he hadn't even had a driving assessment test yet and to date it was taking a minimum of 6 weeks waiting for just a theory test date to be given once applied for.

At the next meeting my partner told what he had been told by his instructor, his boss more or less said tough, he wouldn't give an extension but my partner had 2 options, 1. He walks! 2. He would be suspended for 6 months with 4 weeks pay, this way he would pass his test by then...and the 4 weeks pay would pay for his lessons!!! My partner refused both options and demanded a disciplinary hearing, his boss asked what did he hope to get out of this a tribunal, my partner said he did not know, the boss then shouted 'so you think you will get more money out of this that way, my partner said he couldn't positively answer that either as he didn't honestly know. His boss said you know you would end up getting sacked at a disciplinary hearing, my partner answered, yes, but at least my family would have some form of income via benefits and my home would be safe (Mortgage ppi).

My partner was then asked to leave the office and return in a hour in which he was suppose to decide what he wanted to do (he rang me very upset is what he did) after being called back his boss said he had been in touch with the company solicitors to see what if any solution could be found, he said there would be no benefits if my partner walked (which he wouldn't do anyway) and the suspension wouldn't work either. There were then another 2 options, his boss would get in touch with the insurance to see if they could work things out, or 2. My partner would be seen financially 'alright'. My partner said he would leave the ball in his bosses court so to speak and see him in yet another meeting next week!

We then received another letter....all of a sudden the insurance company who refused to insure my partner for driving an unregistered machine on private property were suddenly extending the insurance he wasn't able to be covered by by an extra 2 months! He could drive the machinery for the next 2 months with no worries but come 31st august they would hold a review, but if my partner had a full license by then, then they wouldn't review.....if no license by 31st August then employment would be terminated, and disciplinary action taken.

To be honest, we just think they want my partner out!, they refused him redundancy when most of the other staff were given theirs, but in the last 2 weeks they have made his life a misery, they constantly nag him as to if he has put in for his test yet (he is due lesson number 4 on Sunday morning!) my partner says no and the constant stress he is put under is making it hard for him to concentrate, he constantly feels ill now and is at the doctors next week as lm worried about him, he is severely depressed, isn't sleeping and he spends hours at the computer going over and over mock theory tests. He then becomes very upset if he cannot remember answers or gets below the average or pass mark. My partners company are very short staffed and the next 7 weeks are going to be very busy, the work needed to be done would never be finished in time if there was no site operative driving machinery (ie my partner!) also when a ship is in dock my partner is always on the night shift (extra pay is very helpful obviously so he is always offered the night shift without fail as only him and another worker will work the full night shift) he had been denied the night shift this time round with no explanation.

We have since been told that no full license is needed to drive the machinery he does on a private road, the friend who told us this even demanded we contact DVLA who would prove what he said is right. We have so we can print out the reply to keep with all the other paperwork we have as my partner feels this will go to tribunal, his boss is being very unfair, even my partners very scattered contract of employment states nothing about the licenses needed to drive on private roads.

My partner is working out his time left until 31st August, but were unsure what to do then, we have been to the law centre for advice but they are not really sure what to do except start disciplinary action for unfair dismissal once my partner is sacked, and they stated he shouldn't agree to anything but the sack as in all reality he really has done nothing wrong.

hello what todonext,

boy oh boy what a roundabout this is you are on, back and forward, and all the agro, my best advice i can give you is ring acas, they will probably tell you immediately to go back to your contract and look at all the terms and conditions your partner signed when he started with this company, yo do not seem to know your rights, and it seems very odd indeed an insurance company would insure someone on a provisional licence, you could ring an insurance company and ask them this question, then at least you would know that part, andit would be clearer, but remember, you do have legal rights, and you could always go to the citizens advice bureau, if you ring them you probably would not get through, we found to go in, go early as there will be a long queue, but the early bird catches the worm as they say, they could direct you in the right direction, anymore questions just post, and i will try and help, hope this helps, we are big guns at present with lloyds tsb bank and their vixen robot solicitors scm, lot going on but luckily found this cag website and getting lots of help on our situation.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

It's annoying when companies change their policies, and I guess in this case the matter is kind of out of the companies hands as if their insurance wont cover people unless they have a full driving licence, then in effect the company would be breaking the law by letting your husband continue to drive as he wouldn't be insured. It's not unusual for Insurance companies to have certain rules, most have to be aged 21 or over to be able to drive company vehicles etc.

As it stands your husband is best to keep up with the lessons to show willing and at least if it comes to the worse he may still need a full licence to get back into the same kind of work.

It would be very easy for the company to make him redundant in these circumstances, so its important he doesn't give them any further ammunition to use against him at a tribunal.

Good luck

It is entirely possible that the insurance company has imposed higher standards for drivers than required by law. This often happens.

Of course, they and the employers are at fault for not spotting this much earlier on.

What amazes me is that they are not reasonable enough to provide the lessons and the time off to do them. - but there's stupid management for you.

There is clearly no question of any disciplinary problem and if this is the route they choose to go then they are really barking up the wrong tree.

I think that the acceptable grounds for dismissal here (in law) would be redundancy.

How long has he been working there? Just the 3 years? or longer?

Redundancy payouts are very poor. However they have a legal duty to consult with him, to consider employment elsewhere in the company and also to consider offering re-training - which in this case, could reasonably mean driving lessons.

You should start keeping a detailed journal of everything that has happened to date and everything which happens in the future. Be scrupulous about noting down every conversation and keep copies of every document - and keep it all away from the workplace so that it is secure.

Is there a union?

Does he have a boss who he can discuss things with in a sensible and friendly way?

You need to be careful about talking in terms of their duties - as this will scare them and get them very defensive.

However, he could very gently ask if there is any possibility that they might help him with the lessons, both financially and with time off. If they agreed to do this, they would then have a stake in it all and they would be more careful about what they do.

He certainly must show willing and to his best to get his licence. Even if the time schedules are not fast enough, make the appointments and be able to show them on paper that it is all arranged and that maybe their timescale is a little too ambitious and that the delay is out of his hands.

Keep very friendly and non-challenging. It is a difficult tightrope to walk but he must maintain very good relations.

However, privately start finding out about Industrial Tribunal procedure, unfair dismissal and redundancy.

Not sure if this is correct ( rules & regulations change every year )but the construction industry have their own heavy plant / machine operating licences in operation (CSPS card /something like that). I'm pretty sure that having a full driving licence is NOT required to operate such machinery . Some firms even have in -house licences ( because some machines remain on one site for long periods and are not hired out ) and your husband should be assessed regularly to ensure he is competent in operating such machinery .

Does this firm have either ? If not then ask them why not , they could be breaking H & S regulations .

Point out to your employer that obtaining the relevant machine operating licence would most probably be cheaper and easier to do (1 day H&S course / then a qualified assessor will come to the site to assess that your husband is competent operator , 2 hours tops ) and then at least he will have the correct licence for the machinery he is operating and that should keep the insurance company more than happy .

Out of interest what sort of machinery / plant are we talking about ?

Edited by greendollar

Hi Tortiesquoties, thanks for your reply.

We feel like we are taking 2 steps forward then being knocked 5 steps back!

We rang ACAS as soon as this all came about, it was them who referred us to the Legal Advice Centre. Our friend had asked his insurance company (as he deals with heavy machinery) about our problem, they stated that no full car driving license was needed as such, the vehicle would be insured as his were via chassis numbers, their main point was that if my partner was worried he should ask his boss for a copy of the terms of the insurance which stated he was still indeed 'covered' whilst driving the machine without a license being needed. My partner very politely asked to see this, just the part which said he was indeed covered to drive as he didn't want any problems creating for the company as well as himself....his boss said he had no right asking let alone seeing any insurance document they held.

l have told my husband that we should seek advice from CAB, he would go in a flash but since the company found out that he is gaining advice from somewhere (we have not told them we rang ACAS or paid the legal centre a visit) they are very reluctant to allow him to have time off.

They even questioned why he needed a day off when we were in court last month for a repossession ! (All this started a week before that so as you can imagine he was very stressed)

The people here on CAG are wonderful, we had no much help and support whilst going through the repossession, we really would not have know which way to turn without all the help given.

Insomniak, thank you. The poor workers don't even know half of the time when changes occur, a memo was sent out the day after my partners 2nd meeting stating changes within insurance, full licenses only. There is only my partner there who does not have one.

My partner is very worried that he may be driving whilst he shouldn't be, he was more surprised that he couldn't be given anything definite in writing to state it was ok so we have kept the letters in which it is clearly outlined.

The company have stated they cannot afford to make him redundant, l do not fully understand this but something was said about his job not being open to anyone else if he left, that's was why they changed their minds about suspending him l think. They seemed more interested in paying him off, the payment would be given as 'sympathy for his position'.

Trust me, l know some of what his bosses are like, l have really drummed into my partner that he has to remain the perfect worker during our wait until 31st August, they know my partner is at breaking point but continue to harass him on a daily basis.

Hi BankFodder, that could well be the case as there were a few incidents lately in workers losing their license/getting points. They were stopped from driving in work but it still makes us wonder why my partner is allowed to go back to driving when basically they are all being treated as having no full license.

Your right it is the insurance and the employers who are at fault, l have lost count of the amount of times the provisional license had to be taken in to be copied. My partner is trying to pin point any mistake he may have made for all this to begin, l have told him until l am blue in the face that he shouldn't feel he has done anything wrong as he really hasn't.

They refused completely to even help with part payments with the lessons, the lessons were to be paid for by him and taken on his own time.

When my partner mentioned disciplinary action the boss asked who had given him this 'idea' my partner said l had, his boss then went on to say that it was basically none of my business and that he wasn't happy for my partner to be discussing his work relations with me.

My partner has worked there 5 years in total, just these last 3 years as a site operative & driving.

The Legal centre have stated that my partner must hold out until he is asked to leave (fired) they advised him against redundancy and suspension. When the bosses give my partner 'options' they have said that he is perfectly within his right to ask for time to think about the options so he has time to go back to the legal centre for their advice.

The company have said there are no other jobs my partner can do for them, no further training, its full driving license by 31st August or no job, we have it in writing and signed by the boss himself, final option if no license is termination of employment with disciplinary action to be taken as my partner wouldn't have done as he was told (l realise this could be a scare tactic, but my partner is now hoping this will be the case as do the legal centre)

We have kept everything, the law centre have their copies and we have ours here at home.

There is no union, there are 2 managers and the main boss all 3 are on my partners back on a daily basis. The main boss is friendly yet politely demanding, the other two just outright rude and very persistent, they constantly ask my partner exactly what he hopes to gain by all of this (all of what we would like to know, its like they are trying to make him yell back and be rude....in which case my partner would be in trouble)

For now my partner is acting as he is being treat, as though he is completely stupid. The boss seems to be walking on egg shells around my partner at the moment but this could be because word has got back to him about my partner gaining legal advice.

My partner is certainly showing he is willing, his lessons are on a weekly basis, we cannot afford more as a £230 a week wage with a large mortgage and several children (and other bills) is proving difficult and they know this.

As for the timescale, his boss simply denies that 2 months is too short a time, we find it strange that once the heavy work load has finished my partner then has another meeting to review or in this case be sacked as the driving instructor has even offered to ring the company and state passing all tests and taking all lessons would in reality need at least a 3 months time line (this is without the waiting for test dates and such). The boss simply wasn't interested.

What worries my partner is him not being able to get another job in the future, he says he isn't exactly a spring chicken and in way of qualification he has none. He is however determined to pass his test regardless of time line as being a fully qualified driver would certainly be an advantage in the future (although l know he is pushing himself far to hard to achieve what even his instructor has told him wont happen!)

We are gathering all the info we can in the meantime.

Hi Greendollar, yes your right, our friend has this on site training where he works, its a 3 days course for a machine operatives license, costs around £150! No joy there either l am afraid, the boss states that if he did this for my partner then he would be expected to do it for everyone else and it would still cost him (the boss) money.

My partner did have some in house training early on, he has never been re-assessed at all though. The company owns the machinery, My partner drives a 45 ton front loading shovel.

l have noted what you said regarding the H&S regulations but for the moment my partner is trying not to ask anything which would make them all defensive. Come the final meeting though he already has a lot of questions he wants answering this will certainly be on his notes.

Thank you all for your replies, we both really appreciate it :-)

Seems as if husbands employer trying to get around H&S Regulations .

As I thought a full driving licence is not a requirement to operate heavy plant .

If a serious accident occurred then he'd be in alot of trouble as none of his operatives have the required training or licences to operate such machinery .

I can't see a way forward without pointing this out to his employer , they can't sack him for not having a driving licence when its not required to do the job he's doing . Perhaps you should tell your employer (in writing )that you are not prepared to pay for a full driving licence/lessons when what your husband really needs is a Front Loading Shovel Licence as required by the relevant H&S Authorities .

Surely the insurance company must be aware what sort of licences are needed ?

There is nothing stopping your husband from obtaining such a licence himself (apart from cost), ask his boss if that is possible as he will be the one that benefits .

Furthermore , what hours does your husband put in ? £230 a week for a loading shovel operator doesn't seem much , he should be getting £10 - £15 an hour .....perhaps another good reason to get the relevant licence .

Edited by greendollar

hi pat10,

thanks for your reply, WHAT I WOULD SERIOUSLY DO NOW IS if your

partner cannot get time off work there is nothing to stop you going to the CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU, THEY HAVE ALL SORTS OF HELP THERE, that would be my first place i would go now, otherwise you will just go round and round, which you are doing at the moment,

you need to take all paperwork you can, write down dates, etc, of the histroy what has happened, and where you have been already, and what advice you have been given, and the full story, tribunals are even going to be more stressful, that is what i would do you go, and take someone with you if you like, to the CAB, the employer is worried about your partner getting advice because he either knows he is wrong, or there is something he is not telling you, i went once to the help desk in a job centre, near where i worked, and my boss knew, when i came back and told him where i had been and what they had told me, he backed down, and said i was right.

you must stand up for your rights, and you are allowed to go wherever you like, to get help. i do hope this help you. god bless, and i will say a little prayer for you now, totiesquotes. with much love.xxxx

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

His boss is adamant, the insurance say he needs a full license to continue working there, they are making it sound like my partner should be greatful for them allowing him a 2 month extension. His boss knows and has admitted fully that they are the ones in the wrong. l hate that they are making him (partner) feel he is the one doing wrong (which at the moment he probably is only under their instruction) he seriously hates working there now, says he feels no get up and go like he used to. But of course doing something silly to get sacked would only then land him in trouble.

My partner works a 40 hour week, of course breaks and lunch are not paid for and he only works a 5 day week. The hours each week vary depending on what is to be done. Hours/wages were cut due to lack of work and some of the staff laid off, a lot of workers simply walked as the pay simply wasn't enough to live on.

My partner is going to ask for a meeting with the boss after he has been to the doctor next week, he wants his boss to know just how badly this whole mess is affecting him, he cannot eat, dosent get enough sleep, he is quickly agitated and this in turn affects the kids who are upset as dad is upset and is 'different', he looks terrible and is so quiet, financially the lessons are causing problems, we can cope but when it comes to lump sums paying out for tests (and it might possibly take a few, not guaranteed to pass with the theory or practical first time round) there would be delays to save up, this certainly isn't gong to happen in little over 7 weeks. The boss knows this so whats he playing at by delaying sacking my partner when we know he just wants him out(well we know really, short staffed and without my partner the job simply would not get finished)

l will certainly visit the CAB next week when my partner is at work (why l didn't think of that l just don't know, thanks!)

Edited by Pat2010

Hi Pat ,

Why don't you write to the firm stating that you think 8 weeks to pass the theory test and take and pass a driving test is an unreasonable request especially as a full driving licence is not required to do his job .

Research exactly what licence he needs ? Explain that you may have contact the port authorities as they may have the information you require ( that might shake 'em up abit as the port authorities will shut the operation down if they are not following statutory H&S Regulation ).

Tell them they have a duty to ensure their employees are trained and possess the correct licences to operate their machinery , not your husbands .

Keep records of any responses , as your husband has been working their for so long its up to them to ensure not only his safety but the safety of all those that work there .

I know its not easy but you have to stand up for yourself sometimes . Good luck .

hi pat 10, glad you are going to CAB, go early, and you will be first in the queue, then,i know as we went about 2 months ago, you always learn, and then can pass onto others, GOOD LUCK. totiesquoties.

totiesquoties

Hello again, l would love to write to the company stating that 8 weeks is unreasonable, unfortunately the company is family run and the 'top dog' is my partners bosses father, he approves everything then leaves his son to do the work.

You have actually raised a good point there greendollar, we can do more and stand up for ourselves, the very worse that can happen is what my partner is being threatened with anyway, and in any case my partner would go back to the legal centre who would get the ball rolling anyway. Were just having a hard time figuring out what this company are trying to hide and how to make sure they do not get away with it.

Thanks totiesquoties, l shall definitely let you know how l get on :)