suzcunny

Company in liquidation owes me money URGENT!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3686 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all

I have carried out a lot of building work for a company who have gone into liquidation 2 days ago. They owe me £29,000 plus VAT (although I am VAT reg so think I get that back?) On the company register is still says they are in business, how long does it take to update?

I don't know if I trust the guy he claims he knew nothing about it and he had put all his own money into it etc etc and now has nothing. He says there is enough money in the business to pay everyone he owes but the liquidators have full control of all his money. He says he has opened another account to have future payments paid into can he do this?

What can I do? Help please! Any advice would be greatly appreciated I am going to lose everything.

Thank you in advance : )

by suzcunny:

He says he has opened another account to have future payments paid into can he do this?[End Quote]

Answer:

not legally.

FAQ

Thank you all so much for your replies and advice.

Just in the process (but cannot get hold of him suprise!) of trying to find out who the liquidators are and then contacting our accountant. It is just hard not being able to do anything and not knowing anything!