raec.1

Interview feedback - wont fit in!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3687 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone

I have today received feedback from an agency and am not sure how to take it and would very much appreciate some comments.

An agency put my CV forward for a position. I attended the first interview (1.5 hours) and was called in for a second interview, to go over the job role, computer system and meet the ladies in the office. (3.5 hours).

I was declined the position and the feed back provided by the agency was that I would not fit in.

To say that I am speechless is an understatement as I was unaware that I was being socially vetted by the ladies in the office. Bearing in mind I was a female applicant and of similar age to the others (40 - 45).

I could understand this statement if the ladies were all much young ie in their early twenties. Also the very interesting point was the position was at a local private girls school (boarding) and I myself was privately educated.

Any ideas where I would have gone wrong, having worked for years in an all male environment this just doesnt happen?

They have been a bit naive to say that you wouldn't have fitted in, they could have just said that another person got the job due to their having better skills for the role.

Doesn't sound the place you'd wan't to work anyway. I had it happen to me once during the interview I was formal and "proper" but it turned out that they wanted someone with a sense of humor. Of course I am the office joker once im in post, but it just didn't seem right to act a clown in a job interview!