Advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all hope this is in the right place can anyone tell me if its possible to get a so call debt off of a credit report,this debt is from additions is not mine they hold no signed aggreement from me and are demanding £700. thankyou

It is possible yes but difficult. You say the debt is not yours? I assume Additions is a mail order company. If so did items get delivered to your door and kept?. Companies can not enforce a debt if they do not have a signed agreement they can however report on a credit file if monies are outstanding. If they have proof that items were ordered and delivered to your address then they can report this as an outstanding debt. Even if somebody used your name and you never ordered them then you would have to prove it was not you and that it was an act of fraud.

However if you did not order or receive anything from them then report this to the CRA who then have 28 days to get the company to explain why they have placed this incorrect information. If its incorrect or they dont respond to the CRA then it will be removed after the 28 days.

If you had a online report you have an option of raising the issue online. Or you can email them through their sites.

If you had a postal report you can write to them.

Make sure you have put your personal report number on any letters.

Here are the address's for the 3 main offenders.

Equifax Credit File Advice Centre

P.O. Box 1140

Bradford

BD1 5US

Experian

PO Box 7710

Nottingham

NG80 7WE

Callcredit Limited

One Park Lane

Leeds

West Yorkshire