Son Neglected In Hospital

lady-in-red
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think we should rename them then! This is terrible FrankiG :evil:

Protect

All

Lies

Shhhh!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay moz-screenshot.png i got it i got it, my complaint file i got it, i quoted the hospital the freedom of information act and told them we have the right to the complaints file and that if they didnt give me it then i was taking it to the commisioners, because the complaints manager had told me i couldnt have the file as it was hospital policy not to let me have this but i got the form to fill in and send back so you CAN get the COMPLAINTS FILE,:dance::dance::dance::dance: so if you have a problem with your hospital and you want this file just ask me or frankieg we both have got our files ok

I'm a bit confused as to what a case file is, didn't know you had a case going BB, good luck with it!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

When someone makes a complaint, the hospital has to start a 'complaints file' . And as long as that complaint is ongoing the file has to stay open. if you go to the ombudsman they want to see it, so its kept up to date. In it are all the letters and emails you sent them and those that sent you-so nothing new there . But whats interesting about it is it contains all the internal emails sent within the hospital - and let me tell you they are very lose lipped..I know it sounds amazing that this file,it contain emails detrimental to the hospital but they are in my dads!! . I can only think its because people fire off emails when they are angry and they just don't think . And in dad are things i had never seen-what they sent to the ombudsman and she sent to them, that the ombudsman wouldn't tell me about. Answers supposedly from from PALs , were actually written by the complaints managers . And actually theres some rather insulting stuff as well. I found from it i have a totally new complainant !! This file is one of the things they are suppose to send you if you request a SAR -but what they do is send you a form for you to use to check off what exactly it is you want them to send you . They know most people have never heard of this file so of course don't request it. thats how they get out of sending it to you - they only send you what you ask for. i found out about it by chance and told Beachbird . she asked for hers and they wouldn't give it to her - said it wasnt their policy and anyway it wasnt covered by the SARs . When she threatened to go to the commission they backed down. I would advise anyone whose got a complaint to get it- but you have to be persistent-Pals deny all knowledge of it.

im so looking forward to finding the truth at last, seeing where their lies are, im also going to make sure a lot of people know all about this file, the more people who get this will see just what consultants do behind our backs, as frandgieg has said she has found some very nasty emails in amongst her dads file, how they talk about you behind our backs i can just imagine, the complaints manager wa so adamant that i couldnt have that file till i quoted her the freedom of information facts, even themn she sent an email saying i couldnt have which i have sent on to the commissioners already, she thought she was so clever and that i didnt know what i was talking about she soon found out didnt she, so im very pleased with my self now, and thats one up to the patients and their families i hope many people will now go for this file and fight their complaints, dont give up

Hello

I have asked for the Medical Complaint file via the Access To Medical Records Act, however all the trust sent me was the electronic casenote tracking history, which was usless.

Can you explain in more detail how to ask for SAR's and what does this cost?

Kind regards

The access to medical records act only covers you getting the patients chart. The 'complaints file ' is covered by the Data protection Act and you must ask for it by name or they wont give it to you. So just recontact them and say I am making a SAR under the data protection act and i request a copy of the 'complaints file' and all other information held by the Trust on NAME OF PERSON. They will send you a form, it varies by hospital, but will ask you 'in ordered to save time and paper' what exactly you want them to copy and send you. Mine was a box to check for chart or a place for 'other' in which i wrote 'complaints file and all other information held.' I've seen another taht is more involved asking very specifically what you want just write it in. I was told it would be £50 but i would be billed. its been 3 months and i have never gotten a bill. Remember they don't want to let you have this file and might try and do what Beachbird's trust did and say its not their policy to send out copy's of this file and anyway the data protection act doesn't cover the file. She told them that the data protection act covers all information held and if they refuse to release this information to her she would contact the commission- and they are sending it..

Hi All,

Thank you for this information, I'll request this immediately.

However I'm a little concerned when the patient has died, is it still the same procedure? And could the next of kin request this?

Kind regards

Hi Hectoras frankieg isnt on here at this time i know her father passedaway in march 2010 and its his complaints file shehas, hope this answers your question and very good luck anything we can help you with pleasedont hesitate to ask us

Only problem i had with getting dads file was that no-one would admit it existed!! PALs had never heard of it-or said they didn't- and the complaints department kept offering dads chart. And its been amazing what i have found in it- one thing is that dads complaint was not investigated!! His complaint was sent by the CEO to a general manager for investigation in November 2009. In march 2010 dad died and gave the trust the excuse not to met with me. instead they said it had decided to send me a final response letter and i should go elsewhere . But, as per this file , when getting the letter together,they discovered the manager had never investigated . His initial deadline was December 10th. They emailed 3 more times aftre that over the next 3 months ( always after i contacted complaints asking why i hadn't heard from him and what was going on) asking him where was it. When he never replied and they didnt followed up. So when they realized they had closed this compliant without fully investigating it , there was a big panic. Seems thats called 'maladministration' and they actually stated the ombudsman would investigate them for it if it was brought up to them. .But i didn't know about it so i couldn't raise it with the ombudsman and they were not investigated . But now i do know so am going to bring a second complaint against them- but don't know whether to go to the Trust-no more 'local resolution' for me or straight to the ombudsman or what. its not what i want as its not about dads care -or lack of-but I'll take any investigation of this hospital i can get. Oh and something else i found in the file - it was a PALs legal manager who wrote some of the replies that came from the CEO ( supporting his position) . And i had asked PALS how I could have inaccurate information in dads chart corrected , I was told it couldn't be done. I found in the file this reply was written by the complaints department who told that PALs to forward it to me as if it came from PALs . And it can be done, everyone has the right to write 'their side of events' and have it placed in the chart - so much for PALS 'impartiality'

Edited by frankieg

• 1 month later...

YAY i got the COMPLAINTS FILE today only took 2 weeks, had a quick run through it and saw what they called me, hahaha so thats what they actaully think of us is it, all they want to do is close the complaint as quick as they can but when we keep persisting and want more answers they dont like that, its " oh just get this file closed" you can see by their own emails to one another just how they work, the top man doesnt even write to us he gets his secretary to answer our complaints then he just signs it, but its good reading though really shows us what they actually think of us, and dont like it when we complain to the right people like the CQC they soon jump to attention then, very interesting reading this file,

• 2 weeks later...

At last i now know what they didnt do for my son and the neglect where they clearly ignored the swineflu, and ignored getting him into ITU when they were asked to 5 times by different doctors, this is the file you never get to see or they hope you never ever get to see, its a file where they email one another and actually write things in this file WHAT REALLY HAPPENED, and when i approached the CQC they jumped, so now what to do with evidence? Hmmmmm