• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Son Neglected In Hospital

lady-in-red
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Glitterlady.

The NHS is stretched to breaking point and the people that work for it are struggling.

We are criticised for what we do, and for what we don't do. But I would really like to think that those who work for the NHS have a passion to care.

Take care x

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if all who work for the NHS stood up and said enough is enough, and told the country what really is happening inside the NHS then i think the nurses would get a lot of public backup, they are overwroked any one with a bit of sense can see it, but it will stay like that till they speak up make it public, tell the real truth about what they see back the patients family when they have seen incidents on the wards, if they did then the public would stand by the nurses and stand up for them, but when you go in a room with a consultant and 2 nurses and your then told that the conversation where he admitted neglect is now lost and the 2 nurses snigger at you, then they wont get the backing of the public, when we went to london for 7 weeks we had to live in nurses quarters and pay for it as well, we met some wonderful caring dedicated nurses, who not just looked after my son and others patients but also the families as well, telling us every day what they had been doing for our sick people, they worked very long hours as well but the doctors were brilliant, im not saying the whol;e hospital was great but the ITU was, there are mistakes all the times but all people want is the truth, but they wont stand up and say sorry, they hide things, and thats what makes us very angry, if they could stand up say "yes we made a mistake but we have learnt from it," then i would say well thankyou for being honest and let it go, as i did when the consultant told us it was neglect what they did to me son i thanked him for being honest and did nothing about it, but on return back to our local the same consultant said the convo had been lost and the 2 nurses smirking at us, that just rubbed salt into the wounds and made me angry im still angry and ill stay angy till they admit it,i have been in our local since all this began for a hernia repair and the nurses and dcotors were great i couldnt have fault them also my little grandson was born there last week and they have brilliant with his care as he has some problems so why was it we were treated like that

What is so worrying about this case is that there appears to be a top-down culture of failing to admit to errors, identify lessons and learn from them.

I am sure that many NHS staff are committed to care, but my experience of working with the NHS (I don't work for the NHS) is that most staff are keener to talk about what they can't do than what they can do. There is a culture of arse-covering, sloppy personal and professional standards and an attitude that patients should be grateful for what they get, even if it's not good.

There are, of course, some honourable exceptions, but overall I find it most depressing.

thanks DD , every little helps, a lot of solicitors dont want to take cases unless the neglect is in writing they dont want to do the donkey work, they prefer it to be straight forward nothing is straightforward, i have asked for a meeting now and the nurses to be there that heard what both doctors said, they will lie i kinow it but worth a try, i know what they said its up to the doctors if they can live with their lies,it will come back to them all karma is very strong when someone does a wrong to another it gathers as it goes round they will feel it one day for sure

i hear you night owl, i really hope they do care about their patients, i believe they do its the managers and consultants who have the last say nurses have no voice in all this, but they have to stand up and shout or they will never be heard, if they are passionate about their work and all it stands for but cant go to someone and tell what they saw or heard, then why cant they write it down annon, no one will know who wrote it but at least it will get read, some one has to start the wheels in motion it wont start by its self, surely there are nurses who hate what they see and want to speak up and if they do speak up why wont the rest of the nurses back them its the only way to stop this is speak out let the public know and let the public back the nurses all the way

• 2 weeks later...

Hi every one, well we are haing a meeting with the hospital 6th december, i asked for 3 people to be there the nurse that was the witness the doctor who said it was neglect and the doctor who put a DNAR on my son, they got back to me by phone and its now six of them going, and the nurse who is the witness isnt one of them, why did i bother, im now waiting on our solicitor to say if its ok to go to this meeting, i have bought a recorder as well and ill tell them im recording it, because with 6 of them there we wont wont hear it all so i will need to go back over stuff, our family have had a meeting also together so we can plan what questions we want to answer before we go and who,s going to ask the question, so we havent got any confustions, if they think because there are 6 of them they can intimadate us then im sorry they got the wrong people my husband has been a union man all his life and knows how to deal with people like these,i have sent emails to pals who sent it on to them, and patients UK who are very helpful, i have even emailed our MP, and i have many more yet to email, i have realised also that they will never admit the neglect so im going for the pressure ulcers my son has on his face, because i have photos of him in there ITU and photos do not lie, also i have photos that brompton hospital had sent us as well, my son shouldn't have had any pressure ulcers if the staff had done their job properly they knew how long he was going to be in prone, so the sufficient precautions are taken such as provisions of special mattress & cushions that can reduce the risks of pressure sores developing, they only did all this after they found him with this huge pressure ulcer on his head it was to late, and that's my argument, why didn't they have use of all these things ill let you know what happens OK

Hi Glitterlady,

To get the best out of this meeting I really think you must have your Solicitor with you.

You will need to meet up before to make sure you both know what questions that you need to ask to get the best possible answers.

Keep focused on the things you want answering and keep control of your temper!!! it's very easy to loose it when you are face to face with those who you know have the answers to your questions.

Wishing you well for a successful outcome. Keep your thread updated.

Night Owl x

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hey nightowl good to speak to you again xx, you know me well dont you haha yes i am fiery very, but i will keep it in i wint let my self down especially in front of them and i have been told what to expect from them as well, there will be 6 of them there couldnt get hold of our solicitor today or yesterday as shes in court, so hopefully monday i will,, i have drawn up a good few questions so this is the i need proper answers i wont get that time again, i only asked for 3 people and that was the 2 doctors and one nurse who was a witness but they havent added the nurse, so no witness to what he said, i also was looking through a lot of stuff on the internet about taking treat ment down and it does say "care down" which is the words that doctor used, i have been through some of jamies notes that we have not much but up till he left london and i cant find anything that they stopped, all his sedation was still going and his paralysis meds were still running, only his nutritional food wasnt, the solicitor we are using is the solicitor for his head trauma, she will take this case as well but only for pressure ulcers as she has said it will be very hard to prove neglect with all the other things, and i agreed, and as she said we have photos of his face the day before with no mark then the next day with marks all over his face, but we dont mind as long as this doesnt happen to anymore patients i will feel it was worth the shouting,ill let you know how it goes ok you take care and dont work so hard now bye bye and thankyou for your postxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to you all again, well the meeting with the hospital should take place this monday 6th december but we are not going now, the solicitor who is dealing with my sons brain damage is now taking on the neglect case whooop whoop, so we dont need to speak to the hospital now, i know they will just try to make us feel small, and nothing will come of it all what ever you write about them it always goes back to them they think they are top dog , the untouchables, they will have an answer for everything and tell us that what we all say at the meeting will help them to make it all better , and every thing will be hunky dori in their little den of theirs, and all be forgotten, well it wont be forgotten, because after going through all his notes that i have the things they did to him that we were never told about, brompton hospital has told us and sent us papers to prove it all, im so shcoked because its more than we thought it was, he has more pressure ulcers than we could see if you know what i mean, he also had a many infections sepsis being one, so i advise any one who has notes go through each paper very carefully i did over and over again this past year and yet i have found things i missed or im getting better at reading their writing, look at it again and again every word, you will suddenly think where did that come from how come i didnt see that, their mistakes are there you just have to find them.

hi im in need of a good solicitor for a neglect case with my mother what part of the country are you in and what solicitor are you using do you think they will take neglect of an 80plus lady seriously or not

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Hi to you all again, well the meeting with the hospital should take place this monday 6th december but we are not going now, the solicitor who is dealing with my sons brain damage is now taking on the neglect case whooop whoop, so we dont need to speak to the hospital now, i know they will just try to make us feel small, and nothing will come of it all what ever you write about them it always goes back to them they think they are top dog , the untouchables, they will have an answer for everything and tell us that what we all say at the meeting will help them to make it all better , and every thing will be hunky dori in their little den of theirs, and all be forgotten, well it wont be forgotten, because after going through all his notes that i have the things they did to him that we were never told about, brompton hospital has told us and sent us papers to prove it all, im so shcoked because its more than we thought it was, he has more pressure ulcers than we could see if you know what i mean, he also had a many infections sepsis being one, so i advise any one who has notes go through each paper very carefully i did over and over again this past year and yet i have found things i missed or im getting better at reading their writing, look at it again and again every word, you will suddenly think where did that come from how come i didnt see that, their mistakes are there you just have to find them.

I was going to wish you well for Monday as well!!!!

Good luck with the new angle with the solicitor x

Got Debt problems?

After a year of fighting with our local hospital about my dads care, i would have sworn there was nothing else to find out-that i had gone though his chart and all the correspondence on his care-or lack of . But after Glitters advice, i went over it all again. With fresh eyes , i'm finding a lot of things I missed. So as Glitter says-read,read,read again

Edited by frankieg
spelling

Thankyou Frankieg, and thank you night owl, im glad you went through all the notes again frankieg, as i said after your dad passed away you grief would have stopped you focusing in things like this, you would have read those notes blindfolded its easy to miss, like me i was so angry and full of what they did i just couldnt see anything really, just went through the motions as they say, but when you look again but much slowly, its there, they actually think by taking certain things out of the files you wont know what they did, but they forget we dont, and they dont really know what your looking for only you know that, so thats why i have said so many times dont look once twice or even three times keep looking read every word, all their abbreviations, i found on the internet what every abbreviations means and that alone has opened up more than i could have wished for i understand their ways of what they write now, i think put the wrod in google and hey presto there it was, its that easy, back to the meeting well we thought about it and after speaking to someone who has been to those meeting ie Frankieg, and how they pulled them to pieces in that room i dont see whay we should put ourselves through all that noting will change they will say they are going to do this and that but they dont, they dont dicipline their nurses when they have been reported for shouting at a ITU patients who has just woke up from being ventilated and sedated i mean just woke up like 4 minutes he was awake never knew where he was or what happned to him and there she was shouting at him even though we told her to not speak to our son like that she still carried on, and today she is still working in ITU so what did we gain from that nothing so im not going to waste my time with people like them im going to leave it now with people who can deal with this big shots in ITU, complaining gets you know where your letters will just go in the bin, this needs more thought on how to stop this in our NHS before we lose our NHS altogether and i would hate to lose such a wonderful establishment its not all doctors or nurses just a handful but thos handful are bring the great NHS to its knees lets not let themxx

hi im in need of a good solicitor for a neglect case with my mother what part of the country are you in and what solicitor are you using do you think they will take neglect of an 80plus lady seriously or not

Welcome to CAG duckwaddler. Maybe it would be better to start your own thread where peeps can answer this for you. Im very sorry to hear that you have cause for a solicitor for a neglect case and yes the solicitors will take it very seriously. I will look out for your new thread when your up and running x

After a year of fighting with our local hospital about my dads care, i would have sworn there was nothing else to find out-that i had gone though his chart and all the correspondence on his care-or lack of . But after Glitters advice, i went over it all again. With fresh eyes , i'm finding a lot of things I missed. So as Glitter says-read,read,read again

It is very easy to miss important information when you are suffering from grief and anger. The elderly, and any patient come to that, deserve good, compassionate and effective care at all times and it really breaks my heart for those who have to suffer the consequences of bad care. I hope that things are resolved for you soon x

Thankyou Frankieg, and thank you night owl, im glad you went through all the notes again frankieg, as i said after your dad passed away you grief would have stopped you focusing in things like this, you would have read those notes blindfolded its easy to miss, like me i was so angry and full of what they did i just couldnt see anything really, just went through the motions as they say, but when you look again but much slowly, its there, they actually think by taking certain things out of the files you wont know what they did, but they forget we dont, and they dont really know what your looking for only you know that, so thats why i have said so many times dont look once twice or even three times keep looking read every word, all their abbreviations, i found on the internet what every abbreviations means and that alone has opened up more than i could have wished for i understand their ways of what they write now, i think put the wrod in google and hey presto there it was, its that easy, back to the meeting well we thought about it and after speaking to someone who has been to those meeting ie Frankieg, and how they pulled them to pieces in that room i dont see whay we should put ourselves through all that noting will change they will say they are going to do this and that but they dont, they dont dicipline their nurses when they have been reported for shouting at a ITU patients who has just woke up from being ventilated and sedated i mean just woke up like 4 minutes he was awake never knew where he was or what happned to him and there she was shouting at him even though we told her to not speak to our son like that she still carried on, and today she is still working in ITU so what did we gain from that nothing so im not going to waste my time with people like them im going to leave it now with people who can deal with this big shots in ITU, complaining gets you know where your letters will just go in the bin, this needs more thought on how to stop this in our NHS before we lose our NHS altogether and i would hate to lose such a wonderful establishment its not all doctors or nurses just a handful but thos handful are bring the great NHS to its knees lets not let themxx

Good luck Glitterlady x

Got Debt problems?

• 2 months later...

hello again, have i got any news well yes i have our claim was sent to litigation again they said they did what they had to do for jamie, but when i saw the report from the litigation i was shocked at what he had written back to my solicitor this was at the very end of his letter. he stated about the missing notes and that they had turned up and he was going to send them to us this is what he said.... As the documents (the missing notes) are bulky they shall be sent to you separtly with in the next few days ( ive not seen any as yet and this was last october) ON FURTHER DISCLOSURE OF THESE IT IS HOPED THAT YOU(my solicitor) WILL APRECIATE THE TRUSTS POSITION AND DISCONTINUE THIS MATTER who does he think he is to tell my solicitor to stop this, he from litigation in london, and what about the patient thats ok is it to neglect a patient and cause him harm thats ok well hes got a nice email back from me im waiting to see what he has to say now our MP is also involved now, the rtusts think they run it all and they are to big to touch them well watch me now

Hi glitterlady.

I was hoping that no news was good news for you all.

What do they mean by,

"ON FURTHER DISCLOSURE OF THESE IT IS HOPED THAT YOU(my solicitor) WILL APRECIATE THE TRUSTS POSITION AND DISCONTINUE THIS MATTER "

Don't beat yourself up with every scenario you can think of until you see the notes that were missing.

Be patient and wait a little longer..................lets hope it's worth the waiting.

Fingers toes and all crossed x

Got Debt problems?

Hi night owl, we rang the solicitors and she still hadnt got the missing notes there are none, i rang brompton and they said they hadnt sent anything to blackpool since the day jamie went back there its all lies, as to this litigation bloke what hes saying is because of the state of the NHS and the trusts it wouldnt be good for them with this so want it basically discontuned?? they cant handle it but all we have got is cover up and lies, now most of the hospitals are trusts they are their own boss there is no one to go to they are in charge and what they say goes, wonder how many top executives getting the sack cos no money? so thats about it really missing notes and lies, never again will i trust a hospital ever, and if i have to go in for anything at all ill make sure im safe and write it all down

Hi Glitterlady,

thats not the news you need. You can now only take the advice of your Solicitor.

I can't add much more.....sorry. Maybe someone may be able to.

(((Hugs))) x

Got Debt problems?