• Tweets

• Thats because this claim has not been allocated as yet hence the above hearing *Case Management " to determine the directions (N157 Notice of allocation) which will follow after this hearing. You are not requested to submit a statement but have all the details with you (claim form defence CPR CCA etc etc)   Andy
    • Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Son Neglected In Hospital

lady-in-red
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Glitterlady,

ANY INJURY sustained in hospital MUST be documented, IT'S THE LAW. The staff, medical or nursing, have a duty of care to the patient.

I'm glad you have evidence. I hope they send copies of theirs.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Glitterlady,

I think you will have to discuss that with your Solicitor unless someone here can throw some light on it and offer advice.

Nobody should hide what has happened.........you have photographic evidence that needs an explanation.

I really wish you and your son the very best of luck with this.

I will keep answering your questions if I can.

Night Owl x

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

No probs Glitterlady, just doing what I can, where I can, thats what CAG is all about.

Stay strong and fight the fight to the end.

Night Owl x

Got Debt problems?

i will do we have a new solicitor so hopefully she will look into this for us thanks to this forum i have had alot of help and will let you know how i get on but thankyou all for all your help and thankyou nightowl especiallyxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi last night i wrote a 18 page letter to my solicitor telling the story about my sons stay in hospital, i did day to day, and i hape i have shown to her just what went wrong and how they admitted neglect then to retract it, i also have a piece of paper from the local hospital where they admit that the pressure sore got there because he was left in prone for to long, by the time the solicitor reads it all she will have some idea what happened, but what i noticed more while wring the letter was the difference in care between the 2 hospitals how the local ignored him and london worked so hard to save him they were so dedicated and wonderful people why cant our NHS round the country be the same and if they do something wrong because of short of staff then admit it maybe by admitting the short staffed is causing some dangerous situations, than to lie and make out that the family have made it all up,there are some wonderful doctors out there but when something goes wrong with a family member you get to not trust any hospital, so i hope my solciitor can now see just what they did to my son will let you no im off on holiday to turkey just for a weeks rest i need it desperatly but hopefully will have some better news on my return see you all then take carexx

Hi Glitterlady,

well done on your epic letter to the Solicitor........he will be pleased!

I hope you found it good to write it all down.

Sadly patients and carers will find differing care in different Hospitals. I find this so sad because we are all doing the same job so the level of care should be the same.

Staff shortages are a big problem and I have had my fair share of making things change over short staffing on my ward. Lots of stamping and shouting but it worked.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nhs/237316-unsafe-working-conditions.html

Enjoy your well earned holiday in Turkey............we had a family holiday in Turkey a few years ago and loved it.

Good luck and keep this thread, and all of us, informed on your progress.

Just keep asking if there is anything else we can all here on CAG help you with.

Night Owl x

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again back from holidays, well the new solicitor cant take the case as well now because notes are missing they said they cant prove neglect without the nursing notes, but i wont give up, i have also through facebook found all the nuses their full names who were in the room with us when they admitted neglect then again when they said the notes were missing i wonder if we got it to court would they lie? anyway we have another solicitor so i will let you know how we get on take care all

Hi Glitterlady,

welcome back to soggy blighty!!!

Hope you had a good holiday.

If an internal incident form was completed then there will be a paper trail of how that incident was delt with. Nursing notes would have to be scrutinised as well as any others in the multidisciplinary team involved. Were they taken from the medical notes and copied for any incident paperwork?.......who knows.

I am at a loss to give any further info. because it would now be down to the solicitor to retrieve that info.

Best of luck and keep us all informed.

Night Owl x

Got Debt problems?

Thank you night owl, for all your help that you did give, because some of the things you told me made me look at it again, so we are going to carry on untill we have been down every avenue, i know they did wrong they admitted it he got these scars in ITU which i have photos of one day the date and time he had nothing on his head the next day he did, how we dont know because they had given him sedation and another drug to paralise him while he was in prone position, when they went to turn him they said something went seriously wrong, i need to find out what went wrong, thankyou again nightowlxxx will let you know if we succeedxxx

Fight on Glitterlady.

If you think of anything else just ask. x

Got Debt problems?

Need some legal eagals to help out here Glitterlady.

Just looked on their website.

Good Luck

Night Owl x

Got Debt problems?

Got Debt problems?

thanks night owl we are using them at present, but today they have said that we have to proove neglect even though we have sent photos of my son in ITU, which the hospital say they have no notes for him being in ITU it seems with out his notes there is no case its all about the NHS and hiding evidence no matter what we show as proof solicitors are still saying we have to prove it, it has to show they failed to care for my son, today in the daily mail there is a piece on hospitals about pressure sores and how nurses are ignoring this, what do WE have to do to proove neglect he has scars on his face mouth and eye he was in ITU sedated paralised, how did he get these injuries no one will answer us its a cover up

Aren't the photos you have proof enough?

The hospital should be held accountable to explain how he sustained them whilst in their care.

It's crazy that they have NO NOTES for when your son was in ITU.

Lets hope your solicitor can get something moving for you.

Good Luck

Night Owl x

Got Debt problems?

well night owl we wont hold our breathes roflmao, and yes night owl wouldnt you think the appauling photos of my sons head and the condition of his lungs would be enough but its their lies and hiding his notes i would have thought they had something to hide wouldnt you? if they had given him antibiotics the first day then all this wouldnt have happened but they failed in all his care and we have to prove this,

Hi Glitterlady,

I currently have an ongoing Medical Negligence case and have used the following no win no fee solicitors. i have found them very good especially when other firms wouldn't take on my case, I'm now at the stage of agreeing a settlement with the NHS trust.

i have attached a link if you want to have a look at them,

No Win No Fee, Watermans are Scotland's Leading Personal Injury Firm

Best of luck

thankyou Gallache i appreciate your help and good luck, i hope you case highlights what ever happened to you and stops it happening to others but i doubt it because no one gets in trouble for it if you kill someone you go to prison for it but the NHS cover up so much we dont get a chace to bring it to court because evidence goes missing like my sons, i wish you well and thankyou again