Letter from Lowell Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This letter is regarding my partner:

Origional Creditor: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

We have been instructed by our client Lowell Portfolio I Ltd to write to you in connection with your outstanding balance as described above. Our objective is to help both you and our client find a solution to this problem. We urgently request that you contact us today before our client instructs us to take further action to recover the balance.

By sending us payment in full

By contacting us to agree a method of payment over an agreed term.

Surely Lowell Portfolio I and Lowell Financial are one and the same????

We have not called these guys or even acknowledged the debt and now we have recieved another letter:

In previous letters sent to you it was made clear that unless offer of repayment was made, we woule take appropriate steps to recover the amount owing. As you have failed to enter into a repayment plan we may instruct an agent to visit your home to discuss repayment of your account. Unless you make contact with us within the next five days our agent will contact you with a view to arrange a visit.

Will they send someone to our door and what do we do if this happens :(

He hasnt signed any credit agreement with Lowells in any shape or form..

I am stumped what steps to take now and am expecting our first child in just over a week so as you can imaine am finding this quite stressful!

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated x

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all RELAX lowells are idiots, dont need to stress esp in your condition.

People will more experiance will give you more indepth advice, but proberly just a fishing letter that shouldnt be stressed over.

Ive dealt with them on many occasions and they are muppets.

Firstly Moomoo, don't panic. I have every sympathy with you.

With the help and support of all the lovely people here, I've managed to formulate my own series of responses to Lowell.

You might get some comfort/ideas if you have a read of the thread I started on a similar subject:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/263764-lowell-portfolio-capital-one.html

People have offered some great advice. I hope that my experience helps you in some way. You may need to cut and paste the link...

Best of luck.

Halibutt

Agreed!

Lowell's are not called 'The Leeds Losers' for nothing!

In my opinion second only to Mackenzie Hall.

If you are being chased by these vermin then 99 times out of 100 the debt/account is unrecoverable in the first place!

Lowells and Mackenzie Hall favour the 'hard to prove' type debt!

I would suggest the 'Prove It' letter and the 'Doorstep Visit' letter initially for your own peace of mind.

Sometimes it's hard not to fret even when people are telling you not to!

When you get a reply telling you you are in serious trouble (ha, ha, ha), which you undoubtedly will, then hit them with a CCA request.

Be back in a sec with the letters!

I can't work out how to link you to the templates, could someone else please oblige?

Edited by RoyalIrish

Do not waste another second worrying about their threatograms, because it is only what they might, may, could do. I could win the lottery tomorrow but it is a pretty safe bet that I won't!

The alleged debt will have been bought by The Lowell Group (despite their attempt at covering their tracks), and so the original creditor will be someone else entirely. Lowell have a habit of not naming their OC and have been know to slightly change the alleged amount of debt to throw you off recognising it, and make it more likely you will telephone for more details.

I always advise not to telephone as you will just get more pressure, threats and distress.

If and when you realise what this is, come back for advise with whatever letter you have received and more help will be available.

For the moment enjoy this time and time with the new addition (when she/he arrives) and forget all about these morons, nothing will happen in the short term. Good Luck

Guest Lowell CRT

Hi moomoo42

I have just seen your post and am sorry you are you are feeling stressed by our letters. Please give our Complaints Resolution Team a call today, we will be able to look into this for you and get to the bottom of the issue. You can reach us on: 0800 542 0058 or drop us an email at [email protected]

I hope to hear from you shortly.

James.

I always advise not to telephone as you will just get more pressure, threats and distress.

Agreed. They bully and they attempt to deceive.

The monkeys they employ will not listen to you, no matter how reasonable your questions/requests may be. They will keep quoting the "company policy" from their list of responses.

Keep it in writing. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Guest Cartaphilus
Hi moomoo42

I have just seen your post and am sorry you are you are feeling stressed by our letters. Please give our Complaints Resolution Team a call today, we will be able to look into this for you and get to the bottom of the issue. You can reach us on: 0800 542 0058 or drop us an email at

I see that's posted on quite a few debt forums as above and very recently. I also note that number isn't actually listed on Lowell's site, either or is it somewhere people can't see it? Edited by Cartaphilus

Guest Cartaphilus

Didn't say it wasn't just that post has been dropped into many other debt forums, but the number isn't on their website ... so if you phone that number whom, ultimately, will you end up talking to? If it's their number for example, why isn't it listed on their website so people can easily access and see it for any customer related problems? I can see the 0845 numbers and that's it.

Up to you OP, but I'd follow everyone elses advice on here and write to them.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Hi moomoo42

I have just seen your post and am sorry you are you are feeling stressed by our letters. Please give our Complaints Resolution Team a call today, we will be able to look into this for you and get to the bottom of the issue. You can reach us on: 0800 542 0058 or drop us an email at [email protected]

James.

Is this for real?

If it's their number for example, why isn't it listed on their website so people can easily access and see it for any customer related problems? I can see the 0845 numbers and that's it.

That's because they can make money from 0845 and other "premium" numbers and their "clients" foot the bill.

Companies like Lowell will never advertise something that's free if they think they can get away with it!

Guest Cartaphilus

Spamheed has cottoned on to what I am attempting to point out here.

Like I said ... google that number and you will find that post on many forums like this one ... I am not saying phone it BTW! Quite the opposite. (I'll just go away and carry on bashing my head against this brick wall here then). Email address isn't listed anywhere else, either but on the forums concerned.

Edited by Cartaphilus

If it is it is nauseating. They treat people like sh*t then come on consumer websites with the softly-softly approach - "we are not such bad guys" as another ploy to get money.

Sorry you are feeling stressed by our letters? My a*se!

Hi moomoo42

James.

LOL!

James, how many people have complained about Lowell AND complained to Lowell only to be treated with utter contempt?

How many of us here have had to deal with your harrassment for Statute Barred debts or using the CRA's as a way of punishing us?

Your presence here only goes to prove what a truly disgusting, ARROGANT, INSENSITIVE and despicable company Lowell actually is.

Edited by RoyalIrish

Guest Cartaphilus
Your presence here only goes to prove what a disgusting and despicable company Lowell actually is.
Yes, I actually started posting, then changed my mind, about them being investigated last year along with a few other DCAs. Edited by Cartaphilus

With all due respect to all concerned, my life has been a whole lot easier since I took a little advice from CurlyBen a few years ago.

Do not telephone them, do not allow them to contact you via telephone, avoid any sort of telephone communication until you are able to shut them down, teke the mickey, or see through their lies for what they are.

If you are easilly phased, easilly scared, prone to worry, or simply not the confrontational type, then the original (and best) CB advice stands.

Keep everything in writing, its nice and clear and admissible in court.

There are huge campaigns doing the rounds to protect children from predators on the internet chat rooms, it looks like it's not just the kids who need to be careful

• Haha 1

Guest Cartaphilus

I removed what I posted.

Edited by Cartaphilus
Bit too late but for privacy reasons

The site administration has been contacted by the poster concerned, and I can confirm that the post by Lowell CRT is generated by Lowell's Claims Resolution department.

Whilst I can understand the attacks against this poster, I would ask that people do try and look at the positives. Yes, there is a great deal of bad feeling that has built up against these companies, but it must be a good step that they are prepared to offer to look at the complaints being made.

I have no doubt that if the offer proves to be less than genuine, then we will see the result posted here. At the same time, I would hope that this is the start of a proper dialogue, and we may begin to see some issues reaching a resolution.

I totally disagree!

This forum is for US needing help 'from' these people.

What is going to happen if they all start this nonsense?

Are Cabot, Mackenzie Hall and other **** going to post on this forum?

This post is from a VUNERABLE induvidual who cannot understand her recent treatment!

That is the ONLY reason why Lowell posted this here.

I don't see James posting his garbage on other Lowell threads!

They ONLY care about getting your money!

Copying and pasting that rubbish is just another ploy into 'getting your money'.

This isn't to our benefit whatsoever it is just another tactic bourne from desperation and frustration at the advice given on here.

I apologise to anyone who doesn't feel the way I do but I've been put through the wringer by these people and I find it insulting that they have done this.

This company has caused untold misery to millions of people and it is too late now for them to try to resolve problems. They should have thought about that years ago when they were making profits off the backs of peoples misfortune. Now that they are going down the greasy pole they decide to try another way and ingratiate themselves in the most nauseating fashion. A snake may shed it's skin but it is still a snake. The quicker Lowells and others like them bite the dust the better. And shame on site admin for even listening to them.

This company has caused untold misery to millions of people and it is too late now for them to try to resolve problems. They should have thought about that years ago when they were making profits off the backs of peoples misfortune. Now that they are going down the greasy pole they decide to try another way and ingratiate themselves in the most nauseating fashion. A snake may shed it's skin but it is still a snake. The quicker Lowells and others like them bite the dust the better. And shame on site admin for even listening to them.

HERE HERE!

My view is that this is a very positive step by Lowell. Perhaps as a company they have decided they need to be more accountable to people that have genuine issues of concern. Do you want them to retreat back into their ivory towers and just ignore any gripes people post on forums?

My suggestion is that if you have had a problem with Lowell, is to use this help and see where it goes. Perhaps Lowells will accept sometimes that they do make mistakes and show willingness to learn from these.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I thought the site was for people to get help and assistance from experienced individuals in such matters.

We all know the likes of Lowells (as i have experienced) etc etc, have reaped untold misery to many a person.

I just hope this is not another tactic they are going to use (posting on such forums) to force people into calling them and eventually bullying (sorry i mean getting) them into paying what they possibly cannot afford.

Perhaps Lowells will accept sometimes that they do make mistakes and show willingness to learn from these.

Sorry to post in quick succession, but i very much doubt it. Lowell learning from their mistakes? Really?