style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All . We had the bailiffs round this morning for unpaid court fines . The fines are my sons who is 22 years old but still lives with us . And he has no real posessions of his own .The bailiffs stated that they could remove anything from the house even pets , If my wife and I could not prove by reciepts that they were ours .

Is this correct

Many Thanks

Hi All . We had the bailiffs round this morning for unpaid court fines . The fines are my sons who is 22 years old but still lives with us . And he has no real posessions of his own .The bailiffs stated that they could remove anything from the house even pets , If my wife and I could not prove by reciepts that they were ours .

Is this correct

Many Thanks

Load of Cobblers. They can only seize goods that belong to the debtor. They are trying the usual ruse of applying pressure to make you pay - it is not for you to do this.

You can apply for a Statutory Declaration laying claim to all property within your home.

Although I'm not up to speed on this type of thing was your son ever aware of these fines?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your reply , Yes my son was aware of the fines , One of the bailiffs had my wife in tears saying there was a lorry on the way (Can they take things on the first visit ) and they could even take our small dog. How do I get a declaration .

Many Thanks

Thanks for your reply , Yes my son was aware of the fines , One of the bailiffs had my wife in tears saying there was a lorry on the way (Can they take things on the first visit ) and they could even take our small dog. How do I get a declaration .

Many Thanks

You even have time to get it done this afternoon, any solicitor or Commissioner for Oaths cost £5/£10 and ask for some extra notarised copies. Explain the urgency & why you need it and a decent solicitor should oblige.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Three things to do:-

Don't let them in

Get video camera out and make sure that you record everything that happens - all conversations etc. They are not entitled to prevent you

Get the bailiff book which we have on offer here. It has absolutely everything in it and we have a deal with the publisher so that e are selling it at half of the price that you can get it on Amazon.

Don't hang around. Get your statutory declaration now and order the book too. Sorry it seems like a sales plug but you will really appreciate it if you decide to get it.

Don't hang around. Get your statutory declaration now and order the book too. Sorry it seems like a sales plug but you will really appreciate it if you decide to get it.

Have to admit the book is quite amazing, takes some getting used to.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Affixed is a statutory declaration - you will need to edit the bits where there are XXX's (put your names in full). Print it off and take it to a solicitor asap - they will charge £5 or £10 (I can't remember which), to witness it for you.

When that is done, take several photocopies and next time the bailiff arrives push it through the letterbox to him - do not open the door under any circumstances and keep all your windows and doors locked until this is resolved. Also, send one by recorded delivery to the bailiff company together with a complaint about the bailiff's lies and threats.

Statutory Declaration.doc

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

A Statutory Declaration requires specific wording and should be along the following lines:

I (name) of (address) do solemnly and sincerely declare that:

I am the rightful owner of all of the goods and chattels on the attached schedule etc, etc....

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

Dated the (date) (Signature of the person making the declaration)