Newtons Furniture

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Has anybody else had issues with deliveries from this Company ?

The Story so far................

I ordered some furniture (Bedside Cabinet, Wardrobe and Chest of Drawers) from this Company on 08/04/2011 and they told me they would deliver in approx 8-10 weeks. No problem. I also paid them a deposit of £648.50.

On receipt of a card saying my furniture had arrived I spoke to them on Monday 21/06/2011 and paid them the remainder of the cost and and they said they would contact their delivery company in order for the delivery company to ring me and arrange for me to take delivery. They did so on the 23rd June and arranged to delivery the furniture on the 25th June.

They came on the 25th June and delivered the Wardrobe and Bedside Table but said they had not got the Chest of Drawers and that it would follow but they were not sure when! The driver also told me that they had delivered the same set of Drawers to another lady before me !I telephone Newtons Furniture and asked why this had happended and they said ALL the furniture should have arrived as it was showing as in the warehouse and they could not undestand what had happened. They said they would investigate and then get back to me. Eventually they did and said it had gone missing ! They said they would arrange for me to have another set delivered on the 02/07/2010 until they had received the set to match my furniture and they refunded my delivery cost (£80).

I rang Newtons again this morning to check that the spare set of Drawers were infact being delivered today and he said he would check and get back to me.

Newtons rang me back and said they had not been put on the van for delivery (because the girl who was dealing with it has lost her Dad on monday)and it would now be next week before I got anything and my original drawers have not been found but he has ordered a new one and they were expecting to receive them at the end of the month.

When I said I was not happy with this situation he said he would arrange for ALL the furniture to be collected and refund my money and then said 'goodbye'!

If anone is thinking of using this Company please be careful or you too could end up paying money out for 12 weeks+ and not seeing your order.

JB

Why aren't these companies stricter with the manufacturers as in the end, it is them that gets the bad feedback when a lot of the time it is the maker or delivery company that makes the errors.

At least you were offered a full refund without having to jump through hoops and I think they should be commended for that.

Think yourself very lucky to be dealing with a company like that; I've spent the last three months battling with Ikea over a damaged bed and at no point have I been offered a refund. You obviously don't know when your well off!

Excuse me. I do know when I am well off and I find that remark offensive. It has taken me nearly 4 years to get the money to purchase this furniture and your crass remark does not help.

I posted this to alert others so they would not have to pay their money out for weeks and then not receive their goods. I have paid them a substancial amount of money and felt I should receive a decent service.

• 1 year later...

I think you need to realise mistakes can be made, noone is perfect, and a company should be judged on how they handle these mistakes and in my opinion the dealt with the problems exceptionally. Yes more than one mistake was made but some if the mistakes were completely out of the companies hands such a the girl who lost her father. I don't think you should hold it against them that she forgot to log your new delivery as she was going through extreme emotional turmoil and had much more to deal with than insuring you receive your chest of drawers. I would also like to add that I think it is exceptional service that they were willing to refund delivery cost and that they would give you a full refund for ALL the furniture, even though you only had a problem with one item. You may have wrote this post to warn people about the problems they may encounter if they order from Newtons, but I think it was a waste of your time because most people won't see it as problems cause they are more understanding.

• 4 years later...

Newtons Furniture are without doubt the worse company I have ever dealt with. I paid them a lot of money and the quality of the furniture they delivered was appalling.

They eventually replaced the poorly manufactured items but caused damage to my home on two separate occasions during the delivery process.

I had to send them pictures of the damage and obtain sub contractor quotes for the repairs. Despite giving them the option to sort it themselves they left it to me and were then reluctant to pay.

When I threatened legal action they even put into writing that they would refute causing the damage.

When they eventually settled they did not pay for all the damage and I was left out of pocket.

I realise all company's make mistakes but the problem with this company is that they will not admit or address them when they occur.

I am sure they must have some happy customers somewhere but if you use them just hope all goes well as they are not an honourable company.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had a number of deliveries from this company and have found them to be extremely professional and helpful. I had specific requirements on one of my orders that required goods to be delivered outside of their normal remit. They were fantastic at arranging it for me. I was advised of the lead time for the delivery when I placed the order so I already knew how long each delivery would take and they were spot on with their timing. The furniture that arrived is absolutely beautiful and I am over the moon with both the look and the quality. I will certainly be ordering from them again soon.

• 4 months later...

I really wish I had found this thread before ordering from them!

Absolutely shocking service! 8 week wait turned into a 10 week wait, no delivery confirmation other than a text only for them to have given the wrong postcode to the courier (home direct) who refused to delivery to the correct address (they are apparently only capable of reading postcodes!). All this confounded by the fact that they only open mon-fri 9-5 despite arranging delivery on a Saturday!! So I couldn't do anything to get this sorted out. The contact over my complaint made it clear that they didn't care and actually dared to quote terms and conditions when I asked for recompense.

MD Mike Evans called me personally to cancel my order out of pure spite for posting negative reviews! Think this tells you all you need to know about this company's "customer service". He wrote clearly didn't care at all that I'd has such awful service or been put through so much inconvenience, simply kept repeating that they've never opened on a weekend and obviously didn't understand that not advertising you opening hours was a problem to curlers arranging deliveries. There's no way I'd have accepted a Saturday delivery if I'd have had any way of knowing when the company was open!

Very dodgy company, steer clear!!!

F

I really wish I had found this thread before ordering from them!

Absolutely shocking service! 8 week wait turned into a 10 week wait, no delivery confirmation other than a text only for them to have given the wrong postcode to the courier (home direct) who refused to delivery to the correct address (they are apparently only capable of reading postcodes!). All this confounded by the fact that they only open mon-fri 9-5 despite arranging delivery on a Saturday!! So I couldn't do anything to get this sorted out. The contact over my complaint made it clear that they didn't care and actually dared to quote terms and conditions when I asked for recompense.

MD Mike Evans called me personally to cancel my order out of pure spite for posting negative reviews! Think this tells you all you need to know about this company's "customer service". He wrote clearly didn't care at all that I'd has such awful service or been put through so much inconvenience, simply kept repeating that they've never opened on a weekend and obviously didn't understand that not advertising you opening hours was a problem to curlers arranging deliveries. There's no way I'd have accepted a Saturday delivery if I'd have had any way of knowing when the company was open!

Very dodgy company, steer clear!!!

Search for all the review sites you can find and make recommendations on them as well, let the whole world know.