style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In light of this thread, I should point out that I do have an alibi for when this fire broke out..

Thanks to Microsoft! Now, if Microsoft actually made a decent web browser you'd have finished your work early and not had an alibi!!!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

oh dear indeed!! lol this store that is local to me has been burnt down 3 times in the last 5 years twice when it was a one stop store which by the way used to be owned by the very paper reporting it will be interesting to see if they rebuild it

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I drove past there today and there is nothing left lol

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Just came across this article on the web, interesting reading!

Wild With Tesco - Transport News Network

There's plenty more stories like that. See here and here for two examples, with this site containing a lot of information about the disturbing level of power supermarkets now wield. And if you can be bothered to sit through the 50 minutes or so, a copy of an excellent Dispatches documentary on the evils of Tesco can be viewed here.

I believe it's estimated that £1 in every £8 in the UK goes through Tesco's tills, which is rather worrying given that - in keeping with many corporations - they seem incapable of behaving in a socially, environmentally or economically responsible way.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

I have a Tesco 5 minutes to the east, and 5 minutes to the south. I would have had one 5 minutes to the north had the locals and local traders not won round one. I bet they get it on appeal. How many bloody Tesco's do we need! I've watched and read lots of stuff on them and they are outrageous. I started a ranting thread on them in here! :D

Last I heard, Tez, it was £1 in every 7 but could be wrong.

Time called on Tesco battle pub - Blackpool Today

My local Spar that took me a 5 minute walk (handy when you've run out of wine) shut down within 6 months of our first Tesco being built not far away. It's now my closest shop with a walk including navigating the crossroads of a dual carriageway and the direct route into and out of town. It takes about 20 minutes. We now have at least 5 Tesco stores in our area, and they've recently starting building another store in conjunction with the new rugby league stadium. They've shut off parts of the linkway, causing traffic chaos in the morning, to start the construction.

Added to this, I made a complaint about a member of their staff holding up an embarrassing purchase of mine in front of a very long queue, and commenting on it, which they barely acknowledged.

Not my favourite store.

I did shop in Tesco whilst down in Devon. *hangs head in shame*

... Mind you, it IS Devon, it's Tesco's or go hunt, fish or trap your own otherwise!!! :-D:razz: (and the locals may be friendly, the landscape ain't!!!)

Nice fishing village in Cornwall; Tescos gets built on the outskirts. Nice village has now lost 2 butchers, 1 fishmongers, 1 greengrocers and 1 small but perfectly formed general store. Isn't Tescos great for the local community

Cymruambyth,

Indeed these multinational stores are ripping the heart of of everything good about Britain.

There used to be a brilliant little ironmongers in Clanfield it was the place you could go to and get the things many big shops did not sell.

It has sadly gone swallowed up by tesco.

PF

What annoys me more si that tesco buy goods from people who have stolen farms from others and just as the crop is ready for sale. I am referring to farms in Zimbabwe that were taken over my Mugabe's cronies. Tesco have no conscience and put money above everything else.

Guest Mrs Hobbit

On principle I refuse to shop at Tesco's. I go to another town and enjoy a liesurely shop and learning several European languages as I go. Even with the cost of gas to drive the distance, I still come with a weekly shop including my meat and fruit of less than £80.00. At Tescos it would cost me nearly £140.00. Needless to say I buy my lotto and newspaper in this other town. I lost the will to live last time I was in Tesco's here, screaming mothers, kids allowed to run, check out chaos and car park rage (not mine). I took my daughter and grand-daughter there when they came over last month, they just stood with mouths iopen and remarked this is the closest to Bedlam they have seen. they commented the F & F clothes range was cheap, but how many washes would it take before falling apart...

We try and avoid Tescos' also whenever possible and shop at Lidl, Morrison or even Sainsbury's. Tesco always think theya re so clever giving 5p off petrol but they load that onto a number of basic goods which drop in price once the promotion is over. Better quailty goods at other stores and also at a lower prices.

indeed cymru and this chap was the sort that offered a real personal service in that if he did not stock what you wanted he would get it for you

Sadly with these multinationals those days are long gone